(Topic ID: 129152)

Is anyone here Thermo forming or Vacuum forming playfield plastics??

By sohchx

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I was thinking today about the need for various plastics on our machines and was wondering if anyone here performed these types of forming as a hobby or a job, or have had it done. I always have machines that need clear ramps replaced and other clear parts and have been looking for someone that provides the service. I have found a few huge companies, but they only do the work in large quantities.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flack:

I work for a thermoformer and we do small runs for customers when we get slow.
    That said, I just can't see us looking at anything if we can't make at least a few hundred. Is that an unrealistic expectation?

That is exactly what I have encountered. Everyone I talked to wants a large minimum quantity to do the job.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

There are a couple people/guides/how to's on the forum for making plastics and ramps. However there are many machines where reproductions are not happening and they could sell well, just not immediately. Like Checkpoint's ramp and many many others.

Checkpoint is on my want list lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-here-thermo-forming-or-vacuum-forming-playfield-plastics?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.