(Topic ID: 168591)

Is anyone going to mod the tunes in GHOSTBUSTERS with Pinball Browser?

By rooky79

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

From the games I've played on GB and the tunes I've heard, there seem to be a few missed out that I love from the film and was wondering if anyone has an idea to change them up? Below is the track listing for the original soundtrack:

Original Soundtrack Album[41]

1. "Ghostbusters" Ray Parker, Jr. 4:06
2. "Cleanin' Up the Town" The BusBoys 2:59
3. "Savin' the Day" Alessi Brothers 3:23 -
4. "In the Name of Love" Thompson Twins 3:20
5. "I Can Wait Forever" Air Supply 5:10
6. "Hot Night" Laura Branigan 3:23
7. "Magic" Mick Smiley 4:21 -
8. "Main Title Theme (Ghostbusters)" Elmer Bernstein 3:00
9. "Dana's Theme" Elmer Bernstein 3:32
10. "Ghostbusters" (Instrumental Version) Ray Parker, Jr.

Was thinking No. 2 for "We Got One" as that's the tune for that scene; No. 7 for "Storage Multiball" as that's the tune where the facility blows up, maybe some extra sounds like proton packs firing up and shooting etc. I'm going to have a look on pin browser to see all the sounds/tunes and then decide if I want to mix it up a little

#2 7 years ago

Oh I hope they use music from the new movie when modding the tunes.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I am kidding.

#3 7 years ago

Don't forget Elmer Bernsteins composure which has been released via CD and vinyl: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/score/

To be honest the only songs from the soundtrack album I would want to see is Cleaning up the town , savin the day , magic other than ray parker jrs theme.

this is essential

#4 7 years ago

I like most of the music, but I have thought about changing the SF MB music.

Rob

#5 7 years ago

Whenever I finally get one and time to fool with it, I plan to make the closing light show Bobby Browns "on our own". Be my first time doing anything with pinball browser, so this should be fun and quite a shit show.

#6 7 years ago

wow - I was going to say the same thing!! Let me know if/when you're done. Same here.

#7 7 years ago

Well if we are delving into the realms of Gb2 soundtrack then in my opinion the only song that might fit into the pin in terms of context and atmosphere is Glenn Frey's flip city. Yes there isn't much modes for GB2 and from what I'm aware from little gameplay is that the river of slime is more of a hurry up mode. If in future updates it was given more of a proper mode then flip city would defiantly suit it.

#8 7 years ago

How hard is it to do? How do you take the firmware off the SPIKE and into pinball browser? I haven't looked too much into it yet

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Well if we are delving into the realms of Gb2 soundtrack then in my opinion the only song that might fit into the pin in terms of context and atmosphere is Glenn Frey's flip city. Yes there isn't much modes for GB2 and from what I'm aware from little gameplay is that the river of slime is more of a hurry up mode. If in future updates it was given more of a proper mode then flip city would defiantly suit it.

Your opinion is noted.

2 months later
#10 7 years ago

Anyone customize audio on their Ghostbusters yet?

#11 7 years ago

If get one i'm glad to see i can fix the sounds and music one of the thing i dislike about it.

#12 7 years ago

My plans are to make a sound mod for GB as soon as a stable and bug free code release is made

#13 7 years ago

I looked into doing the bobby brown update and from my experience with Metallica the problem is the song needs to be completely replaced and you can't tell what part of it to start from. Therefore the end game song - not sure where it would start and it would end up removing the GB theme completely which I'm not a fan of.

Metallica though - so worth it. Wherever I may roam, Orion, Things that should not be - much better selection than stock IMO.

#14 7 years ago

I'm tempted to go in there just to remove the annoying beeping sounds from the timers. Maybe it's just me, but they are beyond distracting and completely unnecessary. I think the songs are -ok-, but there seems to be a real lack of sounds (proton stream, trap, slimer, etc...) and quotes from the movie in the actual gameplay. The quotes that are there are... interesting choices.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm tempted to go in there just to remove the annoying beeping sounds from the timers. Maybe it's just me, but they are beyond distracting and completely unnecessary. I think the songs are -ok-, but there seems to be a real lack of sounds (proton stream, trap, slimer, etc...) and quotes from the movie in the actual gameplay. The quotes that are there are... interesting choices.

I love the gameplay itself, but I feel there is a huge disconnect with the sound of the game and the actual movie. Its almost if Dwight never watched the movie and didn't know how to choose the right callouts and use the significant sound effects from the movie.

There should be way more movie one liners (which is a huge part of why people love the movie) and also sounds like the proton packs turning on and also firing. Most of the sounds are some type of stock sound effects that are just tossed on there and have nothing to do with the theme itself. Once the code becomes closer to final, I plan on redoing a lot of the sound effects to sound more like the movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-going-to-mod-the-tunes-in-ghostbusters-with-pinball-browser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.