Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Muddy.jpg
    prince.jpg
    image.jpg
    Maslow.png
    Satisfaction-us.jpg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

being unsatisfied is from not being in the hobby long enough to know what you wanted in the first place. If you bought games based on hype or status, then you will not be happy with your collection. If you bought stuff because they were long term games that you loved back in the day from being on route, then you have no problems loving what you have. I've always loved my collection from the start. But I knew exactly what I wanted before I ever bought my first game. Over the years I have grown to love other games I never thought i'd ever want. Now I have to much love and not enough room.

#52 8 years ago

I am very happy with what I consider my "personal collection" which is 13 of my games. I'm always on the hunt or pounding the pavement for deals and projects though as I love repairing games.

#53 8 years ago

I understand what you mean but im pretty dam happy and content with my current collection .it took me buying and selling quite a few to get my current lineup met , congo, bsd, ft, tz and jd and without breaking the bank

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

being unsatisfied is from not being in the hobby long enough to know what you wanted in the first place. If you bought games based on hype or status, then you will not be happy with your collection. If you bought stuff because they were long term games that you loved back in the day from being on route, then you have no problems loving what you have. I've always loved my collection from the start. But I knew exactly what I wanted before I ever bought my first game. Over the years I have grown to love other games I never thought i'd ever want. Now I have to much love and not enough room.

Long enough? I've been in this off and on for over 5 years now. Have had 27 machines pass through my hands from A titles to turds. Think your statement misses the mark.

#55 8 years ago

Never enough ever ever never!!

#56 8 years ago

Honestly, once I get my LOTR, I'll be content. MET and LOTR are such contrasting games. That's not to say I won't add a third one day (wouldn't mind a WoZ one day), but fast and furious paired with epic quest = all I need for now.

#57 8 years ago

I thought this thread was started by Coasterguy, had to look twice.

Men and toys = never being satisfied. Always need more.

#58 8 years ago

I'm never satisfied. But for me it's more due to not being able to afford the pins I really want!

#59 8 years ago

"Never Satisfied" by Judas Priest
    -mof

#60 8 years ago

Always happy but always room (not space) to be happier!!

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Buy A Tron and be done with it! ONLY game you need

Very True!!!

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fully satisfied with what machines I have now. Already got rid of all the ones that were made in the last 15 years.

I'm very thankful for this btw

#63 8 years ago

I just picked up another one this week--it's in rough shape. But it was cheap. It's borderline between restorable and a parts machine. Somebody sealed the back of the backglass with spray paint. Sigh.

Yep, the thrill of the hunt in pursuit of a bargain.

For the one I got this week, I easily missed out on half a dozen others by mere minutes.

#64 8 years ago
    Muddy.jpgMuddy.jpg
    #65 8 years ago

I'm downsizing to 5. Going to be hard what to keep or what to get. Especially with the new titles coming up but I believe less is better.

#66 8 years ago

The secret is to want the games you have not the games you don't have!

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from urbanledge:

The secret is to want the games you have not the games you don't have!

well said Kevin Flynn

#68 8 years ago

After flipping games for several years to build my collection I had finally got to the point where I was satisfied with what I had. Eventually all my games got put into storage. Now we finally got a house with room to set up about 2 dozen games. NOPE NOT SATISFIED ANY LONGER.

#69 8 years ago

It's not the kill....it's the thrill of the chase!

#70 8 years ago

Just sold my first pin this week, still have four others but it feels like there's a huge, gaping hole that needs to be filled. And yet, once I get another (hopefully today), it will still feel like there's a huge, gaping hole that needs to be filled.

#71 8 years ago

It's tough with a small collection.

Usually, there is one that was recently acquired, obviously you can't get rid of the new one! Then, there's another that is your favourite... how many spots do I have left now... Ugh.

#72 8 years ago

Has anyone made the "Maybe you're just like my mother" joke yet? If not, there it is.

#73 8 years ago

I thought this was going to be a thread about Dung's ladyfriend.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Anyone else have a problem not feeling satisfied with their collection?

You've been talking to my wife, haven't you?

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Long enough? I've been in this off and on for over 5 years now. Have had 27 machines pass through my hands from A titles to turds. Think your statement misses the mark.

27 A titles is not a lot of games. It's not about how many pass through your hands, its about how many you play in other places. You can easily play 100+ machines you have never seen at any large pinball show.

#76 8 years ago

I'd feel satisfied with my collection if I had room for 10 or 15 games. Only having the space for four or five definitely makes me think about swapping them out more frequently than I should. But, I do play my games a lot, so that could be a factor.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

27 A titles is not a lot of games. It's not about how many pass through your hands, its about how many you play in other places. You can easily play 100+ machines you have never seen at any large pinball show.

Done that too? Ohio, Kalamazoo? Sorry, but what exactly is your point Neo? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that makes you entitled to comment on someone you do not know.

#78 8 years ago

Then you should have enough information to make good choices in what you buy. If not, maybe pinball isn't for you.

#79 8 years ago

I know some guys who change up their collections all the time. I've never understood it myself, but maybe they like the excitement of always having something new. Me, I'm nostalgic. I know what I like from the 40 years I've been playing and I'm satisfied to buy those games and then make them play better than I remember them playing in their heyday.

As time goes on I play new games and older games I've never played before so my collection may change, but it always comes down to games I really liked playing and want to play more.

#80 8 years ago
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    #81 8 years ago

I think I buy games for others to enjoy more than myself. Nothing is better than inviting friends over to play games. I won't be satisfied until there is something for everyone. Not too concerned with letting a stinker go every once in a while either if I have to. So, I'm always going to be looking for something that is more fun to everyone. Even then there is the ultimate goal which would be to open a pinball arcade that just breaks even at the end of the day.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Done that too? Ohio, Kalamazoo? Sorry, but what exactly is your point Neo? You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that makes you entitled to comment on someone you do not know.

Easy, cheetah. You asked the question. Don't be offended by opinions. I don't know you either, yet you got me to comment.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

Easy, cheetah. You asked the question. Don't be offended by opinions. I don't know you either, yet you got me to comment.

True, but you aren't telling me I should get out of the hobby either or that half a decade still makes me a noob. Funny thing, Neo bought my tommy a few years back. Still have the email correspondence from then. He didn't seem to think I didn't know what I was doing back then, but perhaps that is only because he wanted something from me.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Then you should have enough information to make good choices in what you buy. If not, maybe pinball isn't for you.

How is that tommy by the way there Neo? If I never sold anything you wouldn't own the one you do. That is unless you made a poor choice and swapped it out for another?

#85 8 years ago

Depends on which Tommy it was. I'm on my 3rd one now, and the one I currently have is from Coasterguy.

#86 8 years ago

So...just to be clear: You WON'T be buying anything else from Dung, then?

#87 8 years ago

If it's the second Tommy I got from Indiana, then I would buy from Dung again, because that game was tweeked out perfect. I don't know if it was him or not tho. Everything was adjusted to play smooth and perfect. My second Tommy was the best playing Tommy i've ever owned or played. The loops were smooth as butter, pops were crisp and responsive. Top ramp was smooth and flipper angles were spot on.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-never-satisfied/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.