(Topic ID: 239918)

Is anyone else having this issue with the website?

By fossmin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Starting Page.JPG
    Back Button.JPG
    Thread.JPG
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    #1 5 years ago

<type your bug report here - please try to be as concise as possible!>

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

It has been going on for me for a couple weeks. When I am on the main forum page and go into a thread, when I back click to return to the main forum page, it is sending me back to a random location, not near the thread I was just reading. Usually towards the bottom of the page I am on. So it makes it hard to scroll from the top of the page to the bottom if you read a couple of threads, as you are constantly being sent back to a random location. I hope that makes sense. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Gerry

#2 5 years ago

It has been going on for me for a couple weeks. When I am on the main forum page and go into a thread, when I back click to return to the main forum page, it is sending me back to a random location, not near the thread I was just reading. Usually towards the bottom of the page I am on. So it makes it hard to scroll from the top of the page to the bottom if you read a couple of threads, as you are constantly being sent back to a random location. I hope that makes sense. Anyone else experiencing this?

^^^Yes! ^^^

Phoebe

#3 5 years ago

Mine keeps kicking me out, and I have to log in again.
    And yes, I've noticed if your on any other page than the first page, you don't know where you end up at.

#4 5 years ago

Even a 'back' from the stickies takes ye to page two. Such a little thing - but it annoys the H out of me.

#5 5 years ago

It's been happening to me me for quite a while (a year?). It seems to be browser/OS agnostic. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari in OSX and Windows and still the same behavior of taking you back to a random spot on the page. Sometimes even to the bottom of the page where it says "Cannot load new posts" or something like that. I LOVE this site but I too would love to see this fixed. Thanks @Robin!

#6 5 years ago

Yeah I reported similar behavior maybe 6 months ago? Thought I was the only one.. it used to s so me back to where I was on the forum page but usually just goes back to the top

#7 5 years ago

So I typically use Firefox exclusively, but just for kicks, I decided to try Pinside with Internet Explorer and it seems to function fine for me. I don't know if this is a Firefox issue or not. It seems others have tried different browsers and still had issues.

#8 5 years ago

It's been happening to me for quite a while.

#9 5 years ago

I've also been having same problem for a while.

#10 5 years ago

Still happening.

#11 5 years ago

On my IPhone 8...does not give me any back arrows on bottom of screen no matter what I do. I have to close it then open and start all over. Also opening on 2nd page.

#12 5 years ago

Hey all, I have been trying to replicate this issue on my test Android phone but it's working fine for me.

ezgif.com-optimize.gifezgif.com-optimize.gif

As you can see there's a little delay when I hit the back button. But it then jumps back to where I was.

It also works fine on my iPhone8. Not sure why some of you are getting this. I'll do some more testing on my other Android test phone (older Android version).

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

On my IPhone 8...does not give me any back arrows on bottom of screen no matter what I do.

iOS allows you to ‘go back’ in multiple apps—including Mail and Safari—with a gesture, by swiping right from the left edge of the screen. It works in most native Apple apps and other major apps.

#13 5 years ago

Robin

I don't read Pinside on a phone, only on a PC. I can tell you it is still an issue on the Firefox browser, which I typically exclusively use. However, I have to read Pinside on Internet Explorer, because it is too hard to read it on Firefox when it keeps throwing you back to random spots on the page. Internet Explorer works fine for me, but I think someone mentioned they had issues with it.

Thanks for looking into this.

Gerry

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

Robin
    I don't read Pinside on a phone, only on a PC. I can tell you it is still an issue on the Firefox browser, which I typically exclusively use.
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Gerry

Me too!!

Phoebe

#15 5 years ago

I can see the issue on firefox on Windows.

It looks like the page is scrolled down a few lines further than it should be, and the thread that was originally clicked on isn't highlighted.

#16 5 years ago

Mine does the same thing using Firefox. I haven't tried a different browser.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Mine does the same thing using Firefox. I haven't tried a different browser.

^Ditto

#18 5 years ago

I have done some polishing to the "back to topics list" code, could you please try again and tell me if it works. Don't forget to mention your browser and OS/platform. Lots of different options out there

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I have done some polishing to the "back to topics list" code, could you please try again and tell me if it works. Don't forget to mention your browser and OS/platform. Lots of different options out there

Mine is still going to the bottom of the page when I click to go back from a thread. I use Firefox with Windows 10

Phoebe

#20 5 years ago

Still doing it on both my home and work PC's

Firefox with Windows 7 and Firefox with Windows 10

#21 5 years ago

Select and read any topic on page one, click back button - returns to bottom of page one with four topics of page two showing.
    Do the same on pages farther down - returns to the location I was at as it should. Not sure but I believe it was acting incorrectly on all pages previously.

Firefox 66.0.3
    Windows 7

Thanks Robin for looking at this. Cheers.

#22 5 years ago

Still happening.

Windows 10 build 1809
    Firefox 66.0.3

Here are three screen shots showing what's happening to me.

First screen shot is where I started. The second shows the thread I opened "Terminator 2 Pinball - Ball stuck on skull during multiball". The last picture shows where it returned me when I hit the back button. It was significantly further down the page than where I started.

Starting Page.JPGStarting Page.JPG

Thread.JPGThread.JPG

Back Button.JPGBack Button.JPG

5 months later
    #23 4 years ago

Working on Firefox 69, both macOS and Windows 10. Marking as resolved.

#24 4 years ago

Mine is still having this problem. I gave up months ago. Bounces all over the place.

#25 4 years ago

Thanks, unresolving this. Can you post your current browser and OS details?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Thanks, unresolving this. Can you post your current browser and OS details?

Chrome and Windows 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-having-this-issue-with-the-website and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.