(Topic ID: 239543)

Is anyone else experiencing NIB fatigue?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 5 years ago

I do not think I have NIB fatigue but I feel like I have out of space syndrome and have theme resonation issues. I have become really picky with my NIB selections nowadays because many themes or layouts just don't do it for me. My recent NIB purchases include-Ghostbusters LE, AC/DC Pro, GOTG Pro, GOT Pro, and Star Wars LE. For me all of those themes and layouts resonate and are worth having in the home. Other new releases just do not give me that-I gotta have it feeling. It has really nothing to do with pricing but rather overall enjoyment. I am also finding an increasing appreciation for some of the older titles with great themes and layouts. For example right now I would rather have a nice NGG or Shadow, etc. than a NIB IMDN or Munsters, etc. There are so many great games throughout the decades that you really have to pick and choose what suits your particular taste. A NIB game nowadays really has to knock my socks off-otherwise I am going to choose older titles and go old school

(BTW just got TNA-and it did not knock my socks off-it blew them away!)

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think some people need to give their new purchases a chance versus selling the game so quickly to move onto the next. Learn the game, add mods to it, see what changes as code is updated. If you start feeling tired of it don't play it for a while, play other pins in your collection instead, and by the time you come back to your game there's a good chance you will be hooked again.

I think that works well with people that can have larger collections, but for some that have a few machines-it would get old rather quickly and feel like chopping the same old wood. Playing the same game for months on end will eventually lose it's luster. I do totally agree with you that many people do not give a game a true chance and sell it too quickly without really learning rules and objectives. I got Avengers LE and I got really frustrated trying to tweak it to play properly-I finally raised the white flag and gave up and listed it on marketplace. Fortunately it did not sell and over time I have grown to appreciate the unique layout and rule-set. Now I love the game and it has become a keeper. I feel fortunate to have a larger collection where games tend to stay longer due to lack of time to actually play them all and get burnt out too quickly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-experiencing-nib-fatigue?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.