(Topic ID: 239543)

Is anyone else experiencing NIB fatigue?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm a bit burned out. Buying new is like buying a first year car model change. You get to pay full price, work the bugs out, and take a hit when you want to sell a year later.

I fired up my Pinball Pimp restored TZ last night and remembered why I am not buying new pins. I have the same $ in my TZ as a new Stern LE and the TZ will always be worth what I paid and truly has just as much, if not more, features than anything that has been produced since then. I no longer like to house and maintain 10 machines and have found that older video games are fun to collect also at roughly 25% of the cost.

I guess it just matters how much you like a theme and how bad you want to be the first one to play that machine. I definitely am not paying $12k for any pin. When the Batman 66 expensive edition came out I could not believe they actually sold them. I see JJ is now seeing CE editions for big money also. More power to them if they can get it - it is a great economy now. We might have to revisit these thoughts in a few years if the economy changes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-experiencing-nib-fatigue?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.