(Topic ID: 239543)

Is anyone else experiencing NIB fatigue?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 5 years ago

I don't have fatigue, but I get why people do.

I still get excited for new releases. I'm grateful pinball is thriving and there are so many new games coming out.

I remember when Williams shut down and Stern seemed to be barely hanging on and I was glad they hung around long enough to give us LOTR and TSPP. At the time I thought at least we have 2 more great titles to add to pinball world before new pins stop getting made. Fast forward to today and there's so many great games that have been made since 2003.

I brought my first machine home in my early 20's in 2004. I'm used to the price increases, although they have been pretty dramatic the last 3-4 years. I kind of pace myself and never really feel pressure to get something. I know what I like and I'm pretty picky about getting new games. I don't buy and sell a lot, but I'm not afraid to move something along if I don't like it.

I'm about to the point where unless I buy or build a building I'm going to have to sell something to get something...so space is an issue. I'll figure something out at that point.

2 weeks later
    #106 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Until I added my second pin I never really understood how people could sell games with less then 500 plays on a machine. Now, even with two I start to feel badly about not having enough time to play them. With 13 pins I could see never getting bored of your pins because you only have so much time to play them and consequently noping out on the NIB experience. Especially with your amazing collection it is hard to imagine that adding a newer pin is going to enhance it that much.
    In conclusion, I'm starting to think that three is the perfect sized collection . . . yes, three is the perfect number and I'll be satisfied from that point on.

I actually agree that 3 is the perfect size collection in a sense. You just have to rotate them in and out a lot...which I don't like doing.

I'm up to 19 now, but I'm generally only playing 3 at a time. I mix up the 3 I'm playing, so I never really burn out on a game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-experiencing-nib-fatigue?tu=Rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.