(Topic ID: 239543)

Is anyone else experiencing NIB fatigue?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago

My wife and I have NIB fatigue. We have 10 NIB games (deadpool LE and Iron Maiden Premium were most recent). We are blessed to be able to afford these games, but nothing at the Texas Pinball Festival excited us enough to buy another. Munster's was interesting as was Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought Stern cheaped out by simplifying the drop targets on Munsters with a single wide target, for example; this seemed to be penny wise but pound foolish.

My wife always wants something new after these shows (me too) but not this year. We have enough variety that our expectations are higher as is our experience as to what to expect in terms of rules, design and art. Stern also has to finish the code on games like GB before I consider another, we know better now than when we were new to the hobby. JJP also seemed to take a step back with the new Yellow brick rode WOZ. We have a Dialed in CE so we can splurge on extra bling, but taking out a major feature seems counter intuitive.

We expect more innovation not less in our next purchase. Perhaps we are not representative of the typical new pinball machine buyer...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-experiencing-nib-fatigue?tu=RJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.