(Topic ID: 239543)

Is anyone else experiencing NIB fatigue?

By 27dnast

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rick432
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

I'm more fatigued with the prices of used older games. SS, Adams, tz, indy are all skyrocketing towards the 7-8k range for better than trashed quality. At this point its more cost effective to get a stern and call it a day. I stopped buying nib and hunt for huo now. I buy two pins a year but the way things are going it'll be one a year

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Is this true? Did Borg really want 4 drops?

That "moment" in the video seemed a little fake, I wouldn't have settled for those "Malibu surfboards" if I had designed a game. Tow company line at its finest....

I am the opposite to this thread topic, I was 3 years out of hobby and oddly enough MUN resparked my interest. I have since bought IMDN and DP prems and am quite interested in BKsoR regardless of Spike concerns....I also eagerly await a BTTF or SM78 as I want 4 games in total. Happy to run the Spike risk, reckon we will be ok.

Oddly enough I'm off MUN due to code and the boards, especially after seeing BK with drops and stand ups.

#53 5 years ago

I don't know if I'm getting fatigued... But, I do think the recent price hikes were not necessary. I really wish the NIB prices would stabilize and be reasonable. I get that pinball is expensive, but I think the hikes are more price gouging than a company raising them to stay afloat. If I am wrong, then I apologize and will eat figurative crow, but not the real thing.

My biggest beef is there are so many good games coming out now. I really want the Munsters, I think the new black knight looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. That toy looks killer and the music should be too. And it'll be proper pinball music. I love maiden. Greatest band ever, but its not designed for a pinball game. Does it work, yes... But, there is something about original music made for the GAME!!!!!

Back to the good games coming out. I want an Elvira 3. So I am saving my money for that, and I probably will want CGC remake 4. So I'm saving up for that.
    What I really hate though is if you want an LE. You have to buy it right away... And I mean RIGHT away. You wait a day or two. Well, they could be all sold out.
    I hate that about pinball. And to me its about best art package and best version of the game, and those might not be the same version you buy.

And it really feels like not that long ago Munsters was revealed, and now a 2nd reveal for the year. Wow... Not a lot of time in-between releases. At least that's what it felt like to me. And I hope Elvira 3 is released this year.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from RJL:

I thought Stern cheaped out by simplifying the drop targets on Munsters with a single wide target, for example; this seemed to be penny wise but pound foolish.

I could not agree with this more.

My feeling is that in the effort to shave $20 off the BOM they make it clear to many of us that they are willing to cut into the pin designer’s vision and that does not sit well with me. Immediate response is... I’m not buying this ever.

Now back to the penny wise, pound foolish. Let’s say just 20 of us walk because of that stupid ass target. Assume they make $1000 profit per machine so they lose enough to add a $20 mech into 1000 machines.

For certain very visible mechs where it’s very obvious they are just being cheap, my view is this doesn’t make business sense and in the end they could even be losing profit as that 20 walked away could easily be many more.

#55 5 years ago

I do not think I have NIB fatigue but I feel like I have out of space syndrome and have theme resonation issues. I have become really picky with my NIB selections nowadays because many themes or layouts just don't do it for me. My recent NIB purchases include-Ghostbusters LE, AC/DC Pro, GOTG Pro, GOT Pro, and Star Wars LE. For me all of those themes and layouts resonate and are worth having in the home. Other new releases just do not give me that-I gotta have it feeling. It has really nothing to do with pricing but rather overall enjoyment. I am also finding an increasing appreciation for some of the older titles with great themes and layouts. For example right now I would rather have a nice NGG or Shadow, etc. than a NIB IMDN or Munsters, etc. There are so many great games throughout the decades that you really have to pick and choose what suits your particular taste. A NIB game nowadays really has to knock my socks off-otherwise I am going to choose older titles and go old school

(BTW just got TNA-and it did not knock my socks off-it blew them away!)

#56 5 years ago

I was fatigued, but after seeing Black Knight, I am back! If I am going to keep a game for several years, I have no problem buying NIB, especially at the pro level. Games that I want to own, but are not a keeper, I would rather buy HUO. That being said, NIB prices are getting to be too much for me and I just cannot justify the price.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I was fatigued, but after seeing Black Knight, I am back! If I am going to keep a game for several years, I have no problem buying NIB, especially at the pro level. Games that I want to own, but are not a keeper, I would rather buy HUO. That being said, NIB prices are getting to be too much for me and I just cannot justify the price.

So, are you in on BK? Or are you out because of price?

#58 5 years ago

I think some people need to give their new purchases a chance versus selling the game so quickly to move onto the next. Learn the game, add mods to it, see what changes as code is updated. If you start feeling tired of it don't play it for a while, play other pins in your collection instead, and by the time you come back to your game there's a good chance you will be hooked again.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think some people need to give their new purchases a chance versus selling the game so quickly to move onto the next. Learn the game, add mods to it, see what changes as code is updated. If you start feeling tired of it don't play it for a while, play other pins in your collection instead, and by the time you come back to your game there's a good chance you will be hooked again.

I think that works well with people that can have larger collections, but for some that have a few machines-it would get old rather quickly and feel like chopping the same old wood. Playing the same game for months on end will eventually lose it's luster. I do totally agree with you that many people do not give a game a true chance and sell it too quickly without really learning rules and objectives. I got Avengers LE and I got really frustrated trying to tweak it to play properly-I finally raised the white flag and gave up and listed it on marketplace. Fortunately it did not sell and over time I have grown to appreciate the unique layout and rule-set. Now I love the game and it has become a keeper. I feel fortunate to have a larger collection where games tend to stay longer due to lack of time to actually play them all and get burnt out too quickly.

#60 5 years ago

I completely agree with everything the OP said, but space is probably my biggest issue. I spent a lot of years refining my collection and I really enjoy every pin that I have. My last 2 NIB purchases were GB and RZ, both of which were letdowns for me. I didn't feel they were nearly as good as the new games I had got prior to that, Met, TWD and AMH. I regretted selling the machines I sold to get GB and RZ into the lineup and spent more time and money correcting my mistake. Since then, prices have gone up even more, build quality seems to keep going down, and I am at the point where I feel a game would need to absolutely blow me away for me to consider another NIB. I don't feel like I get swept up in the hype anymore, because at least for me, the newest games coming out are not necessarily any better than the other games that have come out over the last 30 years.

#61 5 years ago

I am completely Fatigued, and dont have enough $$$.

Maybe Ill go back into business.....offering brighter incandescent to undo all the LEDs I sold.

Change your IMDN to Incandescent!

#62 5 years ago

My only fatigue comes from reading all about the new releases; issues people have; code updates, etc. I'm never going to be a NIB buyer because I prefer buying used. But I keep up with all the threads so I'm generally aware of each game if the times comes to buy. I tend to stay a few years behind each release because I certainly know a game is not finished for years in some instances. For example, I recently bought an HUO Star Trek pro and there's a huge club thread as a resource for any known issues and the code is complete.

I'm fortunate to have a huge back catalog of pins I've never played or hardly played, so I never will need to go NIB for a pinball thrill. Like everyone else, I've noticed the features/toys that have been stripped out compared to earlier pins. I mean, really, most new Stern pins just don't have the cool toys, ball tricks and fun mechs on games like Shadow, Baywatch and Big Hurt in my lineup. You can't play a theme, you play the game.

I am also lucky that I don't get sucked into the hype and frenzy on Pinside surrounding each new release. It's real easy to want to keep up with everyone playing the newest games and want to be involved in the discussion as an owner. It's especially easy having the disposable cash to do so and be one of those guys buying NIB, then trading or selling it a few weeks later, always chasing another pin. But I choose not to, tempting as it may be. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

#63 5 years ago

Well said.

I’ve purchased 4 pins NIB... it’s definitely an experience. But I don’t pigeon hole it as a necessity. And it comes with a trap that bothers me, which is wanting to keep the game Mint to maintain value.

That trap is nearly polar opposite of what I value in routed games that I collect, which is get them clean and playing snappy, but enjoy all the warts and bumps and bruises that they’ve acquired throughout their unique lives. I like the patina factor.

#64 5 years ago

I think I have Wife fatigue. She’s always finding a way to make me spend money on other things other than machine like a new house and furniture. Only positive spin is I will have more room for other pins when funds are ready.

#65 5 years ago

OPs post was dead on. Like others I’d add that space constraints play a significant part in the NIB decision as it usually means you have to get rid of a family favorite to bring a new game in to an established collection.

Since 1997, I have bought 8 NIB games. Medieval, RFM, STLE and BM66 remain. The other 4 (SWE1, Monopoly, TH, AMH) left primarily to make space for some great examples of Bally/Williams favorites. If I had the space, I’d probably still have Monopoly (dream theme) and AMH.

The only mainstream games on the radar I’m considering NIB are Munsters, Elvira 3, and Toy Story. I probably can make the space for two, but should probably only consider one since it’s more likely to be a Premium/LE and cost is far more of a factor than it was in the past.

Munsters probably doesn’t make the cut unless I don’t like either of the other two. It just seems too shallow code wise to be a keeper and at this stage of my collection the only games coming in have to have a good chance of staying long term. Elvira interests me because Lyman is doing code and I have EATPM and SS to complete the trilogy but it’s probably the theme that interests me least of the three. Toy Story is a no brainer for us unless JJP doesn’t get the IP assets required to make the game worthy of the license.

Stern’s Spike node boards and potential future reliability/repairability/availability/cost issues scare the hell out of me. Stern build quality is another concern though it seems to have improved recently. But stripping the BOM to the bones (e.g. no Munsters drop targets and trap door) might be the bigger problem. I almost certainly would have had a Munsters by now if those were in the game.

Unless I just have to have an Elvira LE, my NIB money probably stays in the bank until I see Toy Story. But whichever game(s) I end up getting I suspect this year/next year will be my last journey down the NIB road (unless JJP does an awesome BTTF game) - too much money and uncertainty and too few potential themes left to interest me enough to move any of my existing games.

However, if I had the space I think NIB fatigue would be a factor. I think Stern does too many games with too many options and is at the point of being more interested in milking the pinball resurgence of the last few years for as much money as they can while stripping game features down to what we saw in the yers after WMS closed shop. JJP seems to be stuck trying to figure out how they can continue to build the immersive and quality games they are known for without pricing most of their target buyers out of the market.

#66 5 years ago

I wonder how much all these trade disputes between the US and China have impacted pin prices? I’m Canadian and own a retail business and can’t beleive the rise in inventory costs over the last year or so. These increases untimatley get passed on to the final consumer.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

So, are you in on BK? Or are you out because of price?

Thinking about buying a demo premium at a show.

#68 5 years ago

Speaking for myself, I like buying games and not so much selling them. Now that I'm full, if a new one comes in something else has to leave. How many times a year do I want to do that? Maybe once or twice. So my NIB buying has slowed down a lot in recent years.

#69 5 years ago

I have room for 3-4 pins. Currently all Stern.

I typically buy 1 or 2 new machines (NIB) each year and sell 1 or 2 to make room for the new ones. I usually go with Stern and stay away from the really expensive JJP type stuff.

As my pins are usually Pro, with the occasional Premium, I typically loose an average of, say, $500 each on resale.

So, my net cost is $500 to $1,000 per year, give or take, spent on my pinball hobby.

To me, to spend $500 to $1,000, for a years worth of fun is a screaming bargain! Many people spend more than that in Starbucks in a year!

#70 5 years ago

I think its great having so many new games come out. That shows that the industry is doing well, at least for the time being. It also provides more choices and greater theme variety. I've been more focused on remakes of the classics my last few purchases, because I missed out on the 90s era of pinball.

I do agree with lots of folks on here that I've slowed down buying games. I'm pretty much in a situation where a game has to go to make room for a new one coming in. Plus, I've finally got control of my impulsive NIB buying, which I was doing too much of a few years back. The games have gotten too costly, but I think when the new companies really ramp up, and the market gets really saturated with new releases, maybe some price pressure will happen.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

As my pins are usually Pro, with the occasional Premium, I typically loose an average of, say, $500 each on resale.
    So, my net cost is $500 to $1,000 per year, give or take, spent on my pinball hobby.
    To me, to spend $500 to $1,000, for a years worth of fun is a screaming bargain! Many people spend more than that in Starbucks in a year!

Yes, but they don't have 20 grand tied up in Starbucks at any one time....lol...

I do understand your logic though. Once you're there, it's sustainable.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

I think its great having so many new games come out. That shows that the industry is doing well, at least for the time being. It also provides more choices and greater theme variety. I've been more focused on remakes of the classics my last few purchases, because I missed out on the 90s era of pinball.

+1 to all of this!

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Q: How do you know you have more money than God?
    A: You're experiencing NIB "fatigue".

you know a dude is in bad shape when he has to buy CE’s or SLE’s just to get a rise in his pants. Mainlines heroine to shake the cobwebs in his head. Thinks Taco Bell is gourmet Mexican. He has reached rock bottom.

Some finally realizing that owning pinball machines isn’t appropriate for the collector personality. Should have stuck with hoarding stamps, coins, gems, beanie babies, guns, beer labels, chia pets or hot sauce. Most fans leave a hobby after 3 years, while fanatics can last 7 years. He probably has reached the end of his pinball cycle, when having a room or two or three filled with pinball machines doesn’t excite him and that sobers him up really fast.

#74 5 years ago

All I experience is ridiculous NIB pricing. I haven’t bought a NIB game since GOT and doubt I will anytime soon.

#75 5 years ago

I don't have fatigue, but I get why people do.

I still get excited for new releases. I'm grateful pinball is thriving and there are so many new games coming out.

I remember when Williams shut down and Stern seemed to be barely hanging on and I was glad they hung around long enough to give us LOTR and TSPP. At the time I thought at least we have 2 more great titles to add to pinball world before new pins stop getting made. Fast forward to today and there's so many great games that have been made since 2003.

I brought my first machine home in my early 20's in 2004. I'm used to the price increases, although they have been pretty dramatic the last 3-4 years. I kind of pace myself and never really feel pressure to get something. I know what I like and I'm pretty picky about getting new games. I don't buy and sell a lot, but I'm not afraid to move something along if I don't like it.

I'm about to the point where unless I buy or build a building I'm going to have to sell something to get something...so space is an issue. I'll figure something out at that point.

#76 5 years ago

It’s all just totally unsustainable to a consistent NIB guy unless you constantly rotate and sell to use the same dollars over and over which can be exhausting. Endless low ballers and tire kickers. Random people at your house, endless dead end texts and emails and phone calls. OR you happen to be so wealthy that just buying and buying more is an option. This hobby has entered the realm where to continue to buy the newest that come out you are likely spending more annually to buy the things than most of America’s households make in annual gross income. It has become a 1%er hobby. The rest is largely made up of opportunistic flippers that don’t have the income to support the hobby but have the savvy to flip games and learned how to fix them. But then we all just victimize ourselves and each other with the endless price hikes to keep “feeding the beast” and get to a place to afford the new stuff. It is almost an exact mirror to the housing crisis of 10 years ago but in the form of an Non-essential toy. That’s why it’s fatuiging

#77 5 years ago

I bought NIB; stpro, lucked out with an alien and recently, a MBr... Which wasn't cheap, but overall I'm very happy with. The new black knight has me very tempted, but I'm still kinda sour with stern from the stpro.. It just didn't feel like It was very good bang for buck. I unboxed a few earlier Sterns with friends and couldn't help but notice all the stuff cheapened out and I dropped around $400 over my buddy who got a tron only a year earlier.

#78 5 years ago

I’m fatigued by the whole LE/CE; my dick is bigger then your dick thing mostly.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo: It is almost an exact mirror to the housing crisis of 10 years ago but in the form of an Non-essential toy. That’s why it’s fatuiging

This is kind of a different topic, all together. But I'm not so convinced there's a bubble building. It sure seems like the home buying base is only a fraction of what it ultimately will become.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I’m fatigued by the whole LE/CE; my dick is bigger then your dick thing mostly.

I actually like the CE versions better since it's partially a nostalgic thing for me so I appreciate their "classic" look.

And I am also in the "I buy one or two a year... and sell one or two a year" boat. Spending $500-$1000 in a year to get a couple new-in-box machines is worth it to me.

#81 5 years ago

I always play two player games on my pins because I find it a little boring just playing alone. Sometimes I print a tournament sheet and hold a tournament against myself to see who wins....it's not always me either, because every entrant is unique and has their own style of play.

Anyway, last night on my $1100 Big Hurt, I had an awesome pinball experience that I don't know if a $5000+ NIB pin could surpass.

I was player two, losing 31-0 and now on ball 3 (I don't use scores on Big Hurt, I use the run count). I came all the way back, scoring 30 runs on ball 3 and then draining on an awesome catch by Frank Thomas, who threw me out at the plate, straight down the middle.

I lost 31-30 and I could not stop laughing at what a blast that game was, even losing by a run was so damn exciting! I think I was laughing for a few minutes because how amped I was from the game. I told myself, let's comeback and win this, and came so close! That much fun on a 25 year old Gottlieb LOL

My wife asks when Big Hurt is going to be sold. I tell her never, because where can I get that much pinball bang for the buck? Our new to us, Star Trek Pro, comes close with the movie soundtrack installed. The music really pulls me into the game. But, a transistor blew a week ago, taking out a row of switches. Fun paying $4600 for a pin, play it a week and then have it fail the night before we host our local league. Luckily Maverick was also a surprise hit, everyone thought it was great.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

My wife asks when Big Hurt is going to be sold. I tell her never

Never say never

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I always play two player games on my pins because I find it a little boring just playing alone. Sometimes I print a tournament sheet and hold a tournament against myself to see who wins....it's not always me either, because every entrant is unique and has their own style of play.
    Anyway, last night on my $1100 Big Hurt, I had an awesome pinball experience that I don't know if a $5000+ NIB pin could surpass.
    I was player two, losing 31-0 and now on ball 3 (I don't use scores on Big Hurt, I use the run count). I came all the way back, scoring 30 runs on ball 3 and then draining on an awesome catch by Frank Thomas, who threw me out at the plate, straight down the middle.
    I lost 31-30 and I could not stop laughing at what a blast that game was, even losing by a run was so damn exciting! I think I was laughing for a few minutes because how amped I was from the game. I told myself, let's comeback and win this, and came so close! That much fun on a 25 year old Gottlieb LOL
    My wife asks when Big Hurt is going to be sold. I tell her never, because where can I get that much pinball bang for the buck? Our new to us, Star Trek Pro, comes close with the movie soundtrack installed. The music really pulls me into the game. But, a transistor blew a week ago, taking out a row of switches. Fun paying $4600 for a pin, play it a week and then have it fail the night before we host our local league. Luckily Maverick was also a surprise hit, everyone thought it was great.

You know... I had really rotten luck with games both old and new to start off my hobby... Heck that bad luck streak continued to my MBr LE... New or old, sometimes crap just breaks, so I'm sorry to hear that about your Star Trek. That is a really fun game, and one of my favorite pins to play, I hate how it looks though and so only if I ever get like 30 pins would I ever consider owning it. But, that game just feels and plays how a pinball machine should play.
    And I just got myself a cheap 1k sinbad... Which actually is a bit overpriced I know. But, it has the new board in it that gives it a skill shot and the displays while still original are super bright and fully functional. I'm having so much fun playing on my Sinbad. I just fire it up and play. Don't care about beating it up badly or breaking it. Cos, its a beater pin. And there is really something to be said about the cheaper pins.

1 week later
    #84 5 years ago

Have to admit, I had a mild "fatigue pause" after hearing Kaneada's Wonka hype train podcast.

But, after watching some reveal video, I'm 100% fine waiting to play the game on location or at a friends house.

#85 5 years ago

I have 'fixing/restoring/cleaning late 1980s - 1990s Bally/Williams/Data East' fatigue.

#86 5 years ago

No, but I have NIB argument thread fatigue.

#87 5 years ago

I just wanted to revisit this from *my* point of view.

I have 13 pins currently and only one Potc can I say that I’ve seen the wizard mode (not beaten the wizard tho). Potc for 12 years but I still enjoy playing it. If I had to sell anything logically would be Potc. I must have played it 500 times.

All the rest of my pins I like just as much but have not played as much. Like 100-400 games played.

Recently I was about to sell STLE in order to get a new pin. But I realize that I’ve yet to get tired or want to sell STLE (or anything else).

At this point I’m perfectly happy with 13 pins and any more would just be overkill. Some day I’ll add another game but I’m not feeling the need to do anything to my collection except play it.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

No, but I have NIB argument thread fatigue.

Hahaha, funny.... but true!

#89 5 years ago

Everyone experiences this. We go batshit over pinball and it is is all we think about then when we have seen it all, or a lot of it and have bought and sold a bunch we get burned out. Also, and you can agree or not Stern puts out the same shit over and over and over just with a different theme. That and the poor quality and the out of sight prices does not make me interested. I cant buy anyway or wont because need to spend my money elsewhere but 8K for a pin or higher is fucking crazy.

#90 5 years ago

Already 90 posts. Definitely a portion of us collectors feel the same way.

I’m glad the companies are thriving, but I do feel like the games are too high priced.

In my own way, I bought more used. I’ve bought a few Spooky games and more Stern Pros. I’ve purchased a few NIB games in the last few years, but my desire to do so continues to decrease.

With the most recent Stern anf JJP increases, the second hand market is now getting out of my price range for anything but a Pro.

I get a lot of enjoyment from hosting tournaments, so I’m not looking to get rid of my collection at this time. I like to have turnover. More recently, that turnover is a classic game or lower cost game and no LEs etc.

#91 5 years ago

Not at all for me.

Bring it on! Not every game is for everyone - so more games more choices
    Also more manufacturers and competition for the same dollar pool should result in better games.
    I don't care about collectibility nor resale value, I buy games I think will stay in my collection for years not months.

#92 5 years ago

I also realize that *new* is not what I’m all about.

For example I repurchase STLE just recently when instead I could have got any Stern pin after TWD would have been new.

But I love STLE and was sorry to have sold it 18 months ago.

#93 5 years ago

Certainly suffering from NIB pinflation fatigue!

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Certainly suffering from NIB pinflation fatigue!

Agree.

#95 5 years ago

I don't know about NIB fatigue, but I definitely have come to term with the fact that I simply can't afford all the NIB pins I would like to own.
    Got to pick and choose my purchases wisely these days. Too many games to choose from (and most of them are good).

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

3)Collectability. This is a big one for me... I don't think most modern releases are collectable. LE or not. I'm not a fan of the "Franklin Mint coin" faked collectability model... or manufacturer controlled rarity. I really grapple with this... but in general, I like collectability/rarity that's crafted by time and/or other circumstances. And while I like to buy games for their fun factor, I'm not interested in paying a premium for suggested collectibility.

Pretty much anything that has ever been created and sold with the intent of being collectible rarely ever is. Just look at beanie babies.

#97 5 years ago

Stern has helped with NIB fatigue by jacking down the quality so much that I don't even want any of their stuff anymore. After I did a deep dive into my IMDN and noted the corners that have been cut since Metallica, while the prices have skyrocketed - it's insanity. Good luck Stern. I can afford to buy every game you release in LE trim, but it isn't happening. Stop being cheapskates. Put the high power cutout back in. Change back to real deal wood. Stop with the Walmart quality at Bed Bath & Beyond prices.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

I actually like the CE versions better since it's partially a nostalgic thing for me so I appreciate their "classic" look.
    And I am also in the "I buy one or two a year... and sell one or two a year" boat. Spending $500-$1000 in a year to get a couple new-in-box machines is worth it to me.

I think he meant Collectors Edition (JJP) vs Classic Edition (CGC)

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just wanted to revisit this from *my* point of view.
    I have 13 pins currently and only one Potc can I say that I’ve seen the wizard mode (not beaten the wizard tho). Potc for 12 years but I still enjoy playing it. If I had to sell anything logically would be Potc. I must have played it 500 times.
    All the rest of my pins I like just as much but have not played as much. Like 100-400 games played.
    Recently I was about to sell STLE in order to get a new pin. But I realize that I’ve yet to get tired or want to sell STLE (or anything else).
    At this point I’m perfectly happy with 13 pins and any more would just be overkill. Some day I’ll add another game but I’m not feeling the need to do anything to my collection except play it.

Until I added my second pin I never really understood how people could sell games with less then 500 plays on a machine. Now, even with two I start to feel badly about not having enough time to play them. With 13 pins I could see never getting bored of your pins because you only have so much time to play them and consequently noping out on the NIB experience. Especially with your amazing collection it is hard to imagine that adding a newer pin is going to enhance it that much.

In conclusion, I'm starting to think that three is the perfect sized collection . . . yes, three is the perfect number and I'll be satisfied from that point on.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

In conclusion, I'm starting to think that three is the perfect sized collection . . . yes, three is the perfect number and I'll be satisfied from that point on.

Sure. Just keep telling yourself that.

Never known anyone who got to three that stopped at three ...

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anyone-else-experiencing-nib-fatigue/page/2?hl=lymes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.