Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161222_211643 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Hi Y'all,

I am working on doing a PF swap for my friend's Earthshaker. The ball guide that sits behind the upper flipper is mangled. I have read Vid's guide, but this is not something that I have the tools for or that I can do. Is there anybody out there making repro ball guides?

#2 1 year ago

What game?

#3 1 year ago

Hey sorry about that. I am not sure what happened with the post. It reverted to an old draft that I had versus the post I intended to make.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am working on doing a PF swap for my friend's Earthshaker.

#5 1 year ago

Well, I know that *now*

The flat piece that feeds the pop bumpers or the flipper itself? The easiest way to replace a missing one is to get a similar one and adapt it. (unless you can find the exact piece of course) If the flipper has a wire guide behind it they are pretty easy to make with a vise or even pliers you can buy the raw wire at PBR or marco (or use welding rod of the appropriate thickness).

The flat guides are pretty easy to bend as well, you don't necessarily need the slip roller to do it, it depends on the thickness really. Got a pic of what you're trying to replace? I will look in my parts stash and see what I have.

#6 1 year ago

That was after I edited. The title and copy were all wrong. Somehow an old draft I made was posted and not what I had intended. Since I could still edit and could not delete I edited the post/title.

#9 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks, I think I found somebody locally to help me out. Not to try and get some dimensions from somebody with an ES.

This is a pic of the part-not mine.

20161222_211643 (resized).jpg20161222_211643 (resized).jpg
    #10 1 year ago

Can you use the playfield art and holes as a template?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Can you use the playfield art and holes as a template?

Damn good thinking.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-anybody-making-repro-ball-guides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.