(Topic ID: 335024)

Is Amazon Prime worth it

By timab2000

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Amazon worth it”

• Yes 76 votes
      75%
    • No 26 votes
      25%

(102 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 12.39.13 AM (resized).png
    6F25E298-0EFB-458F-B535-B25BC3710824 (resized).jpeg
    F4F87F8F-CD21-4811-9F15-B293D04FE79D (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 1 year ago

Hell yeah, to OP question. Especially with 5% off with store card and either zero or state sales tax only. Prices on most things are the lowest.

Half we buy in the last year gets here next day. 2 day got fucked up during COVID, but had not been an issue in over a year.

Prime video is OK. We have other streaming services and sometimes Amazon is only one with what I want to watch.

We pay extra for family unlimited music plan. It will play any song you ask, any.

Free returns is also awesome. If you return at Kohls, they hand you $5 in Kohls cash good for a week or so.

#27 1 year ago

If this was the confessional thread I would say we have at least one package waiting for us per day. Today we had three. I love how they take a picture and ask for feedback on every single delivery

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only reason I like prime is the free return shipping, no questions. Return more stuff lately, either wrong or pos

Hell yeah brother. I bought a PC. Went on sale day after it shipped for $68 less. They don't price match, but tell you over the phone to just by the cheaper one and then send it back with free returns.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And, on some 20 or 30 dollar items, they have refunded and said keep the item. At least 2 times here, friend said same thing

Sometimes that happens. Most recently a slightly small t-shirt they said don't bother sending back. I could have, but why bother?

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

That's changing though. I bought a sit/stand desk for ~$250 on BF. A couple of weeks later it was $150. Ordered a new one, returned the "old one". No problems, but again, that's changing...
    I haven't watched anything streaming of theirs since that alternate ending WW2 show which was good. Their LOTR series sucked ass...

What do you mean that's changing? I just did this this week with a PC.

Yeah LOTR was fucking terrible, but they did Wheel of Time well. Covid screwed that one, not Amazon.

#41 1 year ago

No problem. We always use Khol's for returns.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Read the last couple of sentences.

Nothing about Khol's only clothing stores we don't use.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

For what we spend on Pinball machines what’s $130 a year? A drop in the bucket!

Says Stern planning DLC.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

I’m the type that gets my prime membership back in the no rush shipping digital credit. The kids want a movie? Sure, no cost to me because I ordered toothpaste 7 days before we ran out.

All these years I never figured out how to use that. Where do you go to check your balance on the digital credit and how do yo apply? Inquiring minds want to know...ME.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Amazon owns me and I'm probably a lifer.[quoted image]

I also have 5 Amazon spy devices in my house. We use them as intercoms throughout the house among other things.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I had two sheets of VooDoo glass sent from Cointaker and ship by FedEx on black friday, which wandered around the USA for a few weeks in FEDEX trucks, then vanish entirely after being scanned 25+ times in a FEDEX hub 8 miles from my house. Even the FEDEX tracking number became invalid after those 25 scans in the warehouse. Cointaker was great and offered to ship two more sheets to me (by UPS)... and at no cost to me. I ended up getting that second shipment in 3 days, and I never even heard back from FEDEX about the first shipment.

That's because it shattered and they didn't want to admit it.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Go to my account, then the payments section, then no rush reward balance.
    As far as using it… if you have any it will subtract from any amount owed on a digital rental or purchase.[quoted image]

I went there and don't see anything for digital rewards. Maybe I've used them without knowing, but I would thing I would have some in there.

Edit. So if you have credits there and buy a movie on the TV from Fire Stick it comes form the digital credit automatically if you have money?

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Yes, if you buy a movie it will usually show the price minus whatever digital credit you have available. So a lot of times for me it will show $0.00. My kids will say it’s free, but only I know why.

I've never seen that on the TV.

#92 1 year ago

Thanks. I never really knew how that worked other than getting a some free books on Audible.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Sorry, what is connection to Amazon prime?

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 12.39.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-04-15 at 12.39.13 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-amazon-prime-worth-it?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.