(Topic ID: 335024)

Is Amazon Prime worth it

By timab2000

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Amazon worth it”

• Yes 76 votes
      75%
    • No 26 votes
      25%

(102 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 12.39.13 AM (resized).png
    6F25E298-0EFB-458F-B535-B25BC3710824 (resized).jpeg
    F4F87F8F-CD21-4811-9F15-B293D04FE79D (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago

Got an update....Amazon did refund my Prime subscription back to my card, so that's good.

However the item that I originally called them about is now running late even though it showed out for delivery yesterday.

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

There are so many damn football-stadium-sized fulfillment centers around here that if I order anything on Amazon they *should* have it on my doorstep before I click 'sign out'.

We have a center nearby and a lot of stuff is next day or even same day. As someone else mentioned, items that I'm not in a rush for I do the Amazon day shipping option and build up digital money to rent a movie from time to time.

I still do like to go to brick and mortar stores. I don't do Amazon fresh, I like to walk through Publix and get groceries. I also try to keep places like Lowes, Ace and Home Depot in business by shopping there when possible.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I don't do Amazon fresh, I like to walk through Publix and get groceries.

I couldn’t imagine letting someone else pick my fruits and veggies…

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I couldn’t imagine letting someone else pick my fruits and veggies…

Too true.

#105 1 year ago

Picking your fruits and veggies from someone else reminds me of this: you can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you can’t pick your friends nose.

And also annoyed that two day is often 3+ lately…

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

couldn’t imagine letting someone else pick my fruits and veggies…

Maybe I'm not picky, but we order all our groceries online and pick up at the local grocery. Fruit, veggies, fresh fish, dairy, eggs,... everything.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement Type 1 Sound Board for classic Williams games

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Maybe I'm not picky, but we order all our groceries online and pick up at the local grocery. Fruit, veggies, fresh fish, dairy, eggs,... everything.
    -Rob

I’ll add meat to that too. USDA Choice is what I usually buy. USDA Choice can be barely choice, choice, or almost prime (sometimes actually is Prime). The person picking your order isn’t cherry picking. I find fruits and veggies on the store shelf all the time that are just about ready for the garbage bin.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I’ll add meat to that too. USDA Choice is what I usually buy. USDA Choice can be barely choice, choice, or almost prime (sometimes actually is Prime). The person picking your order isn’t cherry picking. I find fruits and veggies on the store shelf all the time that are just about ready for the garbage bin.

agree, and I am the odd ball that actually enjoys going to the food store
    Not sure if it was mentioned, but Prime gets you a discount at Whole Foods along with the discounts from the Amazon Credit Card

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-amazon-prime-worth-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.