You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-03-01_18.32.17.jpg
2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

IMO, the Pro version falls short, not even in the same ballpark of the Premium/LE. The bell is huge, the drop targets are huge, the mini playfield is huge, the ramp to feed the cannon is huge and hopefully the color changing LEDs are going to be very huge.

I would wait and try and pick up a HUO Premium.

#21 11 years ago

Stern built a system new in this game to change the color of the bulbs on demand. They purposely left labels off the shots so that they can change the color and effectively change the shot and what it does. It could be used just to keep track of progress on a mode, some modes might require you to hit certain shots for more points, the AXE lanes could change colors and collect extra balls or multiball. It's all speculation right now.

Even the shots on the mini change color. The potential for creating amazing rules around this is limitless. The only thing is, nothing has been released yet.

What exists today on the LE/Premium is basically the Pro code with the mini playfield, bell and diverter very basically implemented. In reality, the LE/Premium today with all those extra features is basically the pro. However, once they finish up the Pro code and start implementing and expanding on the LE/Premium features, I'm hoping for a whole new game with an experience taken to the next level.

Without seeing where they are going, there is no way I'd buy the Pro. If you wait for the code and decide you don't like it, I can see that. But what if you go Pro, and then they update the code and you can change shots based on color, and be able to have a multiball where you play the mini and main playfield at the same time, and the rules are tweaked around the diverter, or when the bell starts swinging itself you have to shoot under it etc. It would suck to be stuck with a Pro if they go all out on the LE/Premium.

My 2 cents.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I was wondering about your last comment about the color changing LEDs. Does this game actually have color changing bulbs in it? From what I noticed the bulbs don't change color...there are just red, green and blue bulbs that go on and off at different times.

That has me wondering....is it even possable to have a controllable color changing bulb? I've never seen or heard of one.

#24 11 years ago

The rules aren't fully implemented. With the color changing inserts it's possible that the cannon will only load from the left ramp when the insert is a certain color etc. They could even write rules that can change the right ramp a certain color and when lit only the left ramp loads the cannon. There are a ton of cool things they can do with the crossover, I'm not sure if they'll do anything like that or not, but it's too early to tell.

It's possible that while either ramp could load the cannon, only one ramp at a time will ever be able to based on the color of the inserts as well.

Quoted from Snailman:

And gameplay-wise, also agree: there are times when I DON'T want to load the cannon. In competition there were even times when the player chose NOT to shoot at the targets on ball 3 when there was a point gap to overcome that was considerably larger than the cannon shot, and he was one shot away from qualifying another mb. Even better option would have been to not have the L ramp feed the cannon.

#26 11 years ago

Yup:

They test RGB, but the bulbs are capable of displaying multiple colors at the same time, so they aren't limited to just 3.

It's an LED bulb. As to how exactly they work, I have no idea.

Quoted from DugFreez:

So are there any pics of these controllable color changing bulbs?

However, you can rest your skepticism aside, they exist and I'm positive they will be utilized and hopefully have a major effect on the game.

Quoted from DugFreez:

If you can't tell by my post, I'm pretty sceptical about any of this.

#28 11 years ago

Right now, there is no code at all that changes the color of any inserts. GI yes, inserts no.

Quoted from Bigpin:

The inserts change to based on modes, havent seen that in person yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-acdc-pro-good-enough?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.