You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-03-01_18.32.17.jpg
2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

IMO, the Pro version falls short, not even in the same ballpark of the Premium/LE. The bell is huge, the drop targets are huge, the mini playfield is huge, the ramp to feed the cannon is huge and hopefully the color changing LEDs are going to be very huge.
I would wait and try and pick up a HUO Premium.

I was wondering about your last comment about the color changing LEDs. Does this game actually have color changing bulbs in it? From what I noticed the bulbs don't change color...there are just red, green and blue bulbs that go on and off at different times.

That has me wondering....is it even possable to have a controllable color changing bulb? I've never seen or heard of one.

#17 11 years ago

If I were making a perfect custom AC/DC for me. I think I would have parts of both games.

I would have the playfield of the pro. I like the Angus face much better than the look of the lower playfield and the gameplay of the lower playfield doesn't seem to add much.

The biggest thing I would want from the premium is the bell. I love the way it looks, I love the way it swings, I love the way it makes the shot less dangerous.

I would take the drop targets. I especially like the one on the left when firing the cannon.

I wouldn't want the ball cross over from the left ramp to the right. It's a bit of an eye sore, it displaces the right lightning bolt and what is really so hard about hitting the right ramp to load the cannon?

The train from the premium is nice, but I would honestly take the picture of the band on the pro over the chincy looking moving band in the premium.

I also like the different colored lighting of the premium.

I would also probably pull the display and put a standard DMD in it. I really liked the LED display at first. It looks brighter than a standard DMD. I even thought about trying to get one to put in my Black Spider-Man, but after looking at them more...I think they are a bit crap. The display is sectioned off into noticable squares and I have even seen them where 1 square isn't as bright as other and it is an obvious eye sore. I hate to pick on the Predator video, but it is the best video I could find to show off the look I don't like about the LED displays.

#25 11 years ago

So are there any pics of these controllable color changing bulbs? Is the bulb under these inserts an actual bulb or a LED on a strip or something? What color are they displaying now....before the color changing has been inplemented in the software?

If you can't tell by my post, I'm pretty sceptical about any of this.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Bigpin:

Just find a video of AC DC premium / LE where someone makes the song selection - the ENTIRE machine changes color right there and then - the Hells songs have the PF turn all red (GI and all). Its sweet. The inserts change to based on modes, havent seen that in person yet.

In this case (the song selection part of the game) the GI playfield bulbs are not changing colors. The playfiels has blue bulbs, red bulbs and green bulbs in different locations. Depending on which song is selected....a certain bulb color lights up and the other 2 colors go out. There is nothing color changing about the bulbs. It is just different colored bulbs being used at different times.

As for under the insert...the video from above is the first I have seen of this. It's a great idea and a shame it isn't implemented yet. I just wonder what the bulb looks like, if it uses a standard socket and how they are wired to be controllable.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

PCB smd led , this is all very very very old news like January old new's

The tech is so old it hasn't even been used yet. How "day before yesterday of them".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-acdc-pro-good-enough?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.