Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

i know there are clean ones out there for 3k, just don't know how many...ALOT I've run into have been trashed pretty good. Deemed as one of the best party themes out there, seems operators would buy tons, especially, if some modern features included.
Also I believe a <>4k nib with some options would sell like crazy to homeowners wanting a new machine that is crazy fun, and not a ton of money. I would buy one instantly......thoughts?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Kill it with Fire. That's my opinion.

Too funny....how do you really feel?.....

#4 9 years ago

You've given me my phrase of the day...can't stop laughing...

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

A completely new updated South Park pinball might be a good idea. But re-releasing the old one would be a waste of time as the game play is not up to the theme. I still think they should make a Futurama pinball.

I guess this is what I was really asking ( just early, and was answering emails). It seems everyone wants these " vault" editions to have superior features for a reasonable price ( dare I bring up a game that title starts with a "T" and ends w a "ron"......
It just seemed that South Park, while boring for sure ( owned one briefly, gave it to my brother...he loves it) would be an amazing candidate for one of these remake crazy fanatics out there. Theme and available material would really lend itself to a major facelift art, some code, and a revamp of the toys to a degree) while not breaking the bank.
Suspect operators would snatch them up in batches, and with some tweaks, could appeal to the home user.

Really, really dig the comments from people that hate the game!!!!!......seems the word "fire" and " kindling" are constants.....healthy negativity.....I like to burn things.....

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I loved Futurama (mostly...the last few seasons weren't very good aside from a few eps), it's done and gone. It's got a passionate cult fanbase but it never caught on with the masses. South Park on the other hand, is still alive and kicking and is part of pop culture in a way that Futurama never was. It will still be a relevant property as long as it's on the air, and pretty evergreen after the fact. It's a good time to strike on a new SP pin, IMO.

This^^^^^^ Greg just states it better than I can.....

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Operators would not buy the old South Park again...they bring them to auctions and are lucky if they can get $1500...they'd have no reason to spend NIB money on a re-issue of the old game. If it were a completely new game, that's another story.

How viable is that? That's the model I was referring to ( wanting to be produced)...... guess it wouldn't be a VE, but a ???

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This. SouthPark was done a great injustice by Sega's crappy pin. And maybe they can make another Family Guy pin while their at it to make up for the turd that Stern put out some time back

I actually enjoy my FG......but seems SP has a lot of potential as a great selling, reasonably priced " remake" Have to believe Stern has considered it.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would just be a new game. DE Simpsons vs. Stern Simpsons Pinball Party. Same license, different games. One based on the first season, the other based on the established legacy.

Ok...so I want a SPPP!!!.... .....time to start a new thread.....( for the record, is it FG, or FGY, or both?...trying to keep my acronyms correct)....

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Both. FGY is the more commonly used term...

Thanks...noted...started new thread on SPPP ( a made up acronym)

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Agreed, a new version would be most welcome (I despise the original SP as a collector but as an operator it's the best game I've ever seen earn). The location where I operate has a South Park and it out earns Tron, Star Trek Pro, TSPP, even spiderman. Non pinheads LOVE killing Kenny, that is all.

Wow, just wow....seems like a new version is a no brainer win/ win, but getting slayed on the other thread w a poll. An actual new game, with a lower bom than other vault wishes/ dreams, and operators, as well as homeowners up for a new, affordable game.....figures....

#54 9 years ago

Lots of great ideas/ interest being posted regarding a new machine, w current content, and cool features. Please jump to this thread, and continue discussion:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-interest-in-stern-sppp

Who knows, maybe Stern will listen, determine viability. How it fits into their Vault series could be pretty interesting, IMO . A new machine with a relative theme, that doesn't destroy the bank. They might already have a plan ........

Ops, please close this thread to keep it all together with the other,....thanks....mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-south-park-vault-not-feasible?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.