Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

i know there are clean ones out there for 3k, just don't know how many...ALOT I've run into have been trashed pretty good. Deemed as one of the best party themes out there, seems operators would buy tons, especially, if some modern features included.
Also I believe a <>4k nib with some options would sell like crazy to homeowners wanting a new machine that is crazy fun, and not a ton of money. I would buy one instantly......thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

Kill it with Fire. That's my opinion.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Kill it with Fire. That's my opinion.

Too funny....how do you really feel?.....

#4 9 years ago

You've given me my phrase of the day...can't stop laughing...

#5 9 years ago

I don't really think the demand is there for that title. It is fun for the first few games but got both boring and annoying for me real quick. Not a good thing for the home collector, which is where a huge portion of the market is nowadays.

#6 9 years ago

A completely new updated South Park pinball might be a good idea. But re-releasing the old one would be a waste of time as the game play is not up to the theme. I still think they should make a Futurama pinball.

#7 9 years ago

South park should be used for kindling!

#8 9 years ago

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

A completely new updated South Park pinball might be a good idea. But re-releasing the old one would be a waste of time the game play is not up to the theme.

I agree, there is so much they can do with this license. The updated boards would hold a ton more memory for more quotes so they wouldn't get old so fast. Hopefully the playfield would be better too (though you never know until you play it). At least make it more challenging. The original was way to easy, even for a person of mediocre skill like myself.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

South Park should be used for kindling!

This message brought to you by Canadians for Global Warming.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I agree, there is so much they can do with this license. The updated boards would hold a ton more memory for more quotes so they wouldn't get old so fast. Hopefully the playfield would be better too (though you never know until you play it). At least make it more challenging. The original was way to easy, even for a person of mediocre skill like myself.

Or base it off of the Stick of Truth game they released.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

This message brought to you by Canadians for Global Warming.

Do not, "Blame Canada!"

#13 9 years ago

Pretty horrible game, IMO.

#14 9 years ago

Anyone been to Jilly's at Ocean City? They have had their South Park in pieces for almost two years. They have a big box of parts under the game, but it's just been sitting there.

#15 9 years ago

We were discussing this in the SM thread. SP is still popular with operators. The game makes coin. Stern could remake the Sega titles, they would just need to renew the license. The game has a low BOP.

The game is not good sadly. It does get annoying. A major software revamp is in order. I'm not sure what has happened with the rights to do chef either since the voice actor died, that is an unknown.

#16 9 years ago

Just as DE Simpsons eventually led to the great TSPP - I think South Park could be revisited as a new modern game. Operators will remember the earnings of the original and be interested. Pin enthusiast/South Park fans who love the show but know the old game blows would be interested. Could be the perfect game for Stern's new platform as they could pull TONS clips for a color display - and the animation is simple enough that they could make custom animation (or have the SP animators do it) relatively easily.

#17 9 years ago

Also like DE Simpsons it was made very early, before the show hit its stride.

All of the best episodes of SP (and Butters Timmy and Jimmy) came since the movie / pin.

However Futurama has had ZERO pins and would be super easy to implement as fat as rules go.

#18 9 years ago

As a very happy owner of a South Park, I love it and think it's hilarious. But rather than see them "Vault" it, I'd rather see them come up with a whole new wild and whacky SP pin and add all the great characters and call outs that have come into the show in the last 15 years.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All of the best episodes of SP (and Butters Timmy and Jimmy) came since the movie / pin.
However Futurama has had ZERO pins and would be super easy to implement as fat as rules go.

Just think what type of toy you could make out of Bender. Sick stuff!

#20 9 years ago

My South Park was played constantly at my last party. I love the machine and find it challenging in a frustrating sort of way. If Stern released a new South Park, I would buy it immediately.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd just like to tally another vote for a long overdue Futurama pin vs. another South Park pin.

There are tons of episodes/material that would translate better to pinball in Futurama than South Park. Also South Park is mostly lampooning celebrities and current events, so the machine would always become outdated. Futurama lampoons future celebrities and future current events based on projected hyperbole, so it would remain funny until probably the 2100's when Lucy Liu is no longer relevantly irrelevant.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

My South Park was played constantly at my last party. I love the machine and find it challenging in a frustrating sort of way. If Stern released a new South Park, I would buy it immediately.

There's little doubt it's a great pin for non-pinball people to play. For pinballers, it's pretty much a bore. My opinion, of course.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I'd just like to tally another vote for a long overdue Futurama pin vs. another South Park pin.
There are tons of episodes/material that would translate better to pinball in Futurama than South Park. Also South Park is mostly lampooning celebrities and current events, so the machine would always become outdated. Futurama lampoons future celebrities and future current events based on projected hyperbole, so it would remain funny until probably the 2100's when Lucy Liu is no longer relevantly irrelevant.

While I loved Futurama (mostly...the last few seasons weren't very good aside from a few eps), it's done and gone. It's got a passionate cult fanbase but it never caught on with the masses. South Park on the other hand, is still alive and kicking and is part of pop culture in a way that Futurama never was. It will still be a relevant property as long as it's on the air, and pretty evergreen after the fact. It's a good time to strike on a new SP pin, IMO.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

A completely new updated South Park pinball might be a good idea. But re-releasing the old one would be a waste of time as the game play is not up to the theme. I still think they should make a Futurama pinball.

I guess this is what I was really asking ( just early, and was answering emails). It seems everyone wants these " vault" editions to have superior features for a reasonable price ( dare I bring up a game that title starts with a "T" and ends w a "ron"......
It just seemed that South Park, while boring for sure ( owned one briefly, gave it to my brother...he loves it) would be an amazing candidate for one of these remake crazy fanatics out there. Theme and available material would really lend itself to a major facelift art, some code, and a revamp of the toys to a degree) while not breaking the bank.
Suspect operators would snatch them up in batches, and with some tweaks, could appeal to the home user.

Really, really dig the comments from people that hate the game!!!!!......seems the word "fire" and " kindling" are constants.....healthy negativity.....I like to burn things.....

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I loved Futurama (mostly...the last few seasons weren't very good aside from a few eps), it's done and gone. It's got a passionate cult fanbase but it never caught on with the masses. South Park on the other hand, is still alive and kicking and is part of pop culture in a way that Futurama never was. It will still be a relevant property as long as it's on the air, and pretty evergreen after the fact. It's a good time to strike on a new SP pin, IMO.

This^^^^^^ Greg just states it better than I can.....

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't forget that the pc game they made recently, "The Stick Of Truth," was a huge hit. It would make an interesting pinball machine itself!

#27 9 years ago

I doubt the game would be a good earner anymore...when you see it next to a MET,ACDC,ST,TWD etc it looks and plays like ass...

A new SP with modern look and great rules would do well

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I doubt the game would be a good earner anymore...when you see it next to a MET,ACDC,ST,TWD etc it looks and plays like ass...
A new SP with modern look and great rules would do well

My sp on route sits next to 7 other pins including addams, spiderman, TSPP and earns the same each week and most weeks out earns them. It has also been there for 1.2 years now and is still going strong. Most games at this location last about 6-8 months before dropping off in plays

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I have to disagree about the celebrities comment and how South Park lives off current events. It is true that South Park does a lot of current events, but they normally tie into larger phenomena of some kind.

For example, they turned the Tiger Woods sex scandals into a large play on why wealthy men like younger women...Mr. Woods was just the central character. They've done similar things with TSA, cash to gold, reality television, and basically every retail created holiday in history. South Park is great stuff.

I agree futurama is also awesome by the way.

#30 9 years ago

Worst game I've ever played.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Worst game I've ever played. I would take one for free but not a penny more.

You've clearly never played Shaq Attack...

#32 9 years ago

Or rollercoaster tycoon

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

My sp on route sits next to 7 other pins including addams, spiderman, TSPP and earns the same each week and most weeks out earns them. It has also been there for 1.2 years now and is still going strong. Most games at this location last about 6-8 months before dropping off in plays

it does well on route but it still sucks

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

it does well on route but it still sucks

Agree. Game play is subpar and game gets annoying but man it makes some coin

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Suspect operators would snatch them up in batches, and with some tweaks, could appeal to the home user.

Operators would not buy the old South Park again...they bring them to auctions and are lucky if they can get $1500...they'd have no reason to spend NIB money on a re-issue of the old game. If it were a completely new game, that's another story.

#36 9 years ago

I'd be interested in a completely new South Park or Futurama pin based on the new Stern system. I would not be interested in SP VE.

Timmay!!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be interested in a completely new South Park or Futurama pin based on the new Stern system. I would not be interested in SP VE.
Timmay!!

Agree

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just as DE Simpsons eventually led to the great TSPP - I think South Park could be revisited as a new modern game. Operators will remember the earnings of the original and be interested. Pin enthusiast/South Park fans who love the show but know the old game blows would be interested. Could be the perfect game for Stern's new platform as they could pull TONS clips for a color display - and the animation is simple enough that they could make custom animation (or have the SP animators do it) relatively easily.

This. SouthPark was done a great injustice by Sega's crappy pin. And maybe they can make another Family Guy pin while their at it to make up for the turd that Stern put out some time back

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Operators would not buy the old South Park again...they bring them to auctions and are lucky if they can get $1500...they'd have no reason to spend NIB money on a re-issue of the old game. If it were a completely new game, that's another story.

How viable is that? That's the model I was referring to ( wanting to be produced)...... guess it wouldn't be a VE, but a ???

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This. SouthPark was done a great injustice by Sega's crappy pin. And maybe they can make another Family Guy pin while their at it to make up for the turd that Stern put out some time back

I actually enjoy my FG......but seems SP has a lot of potential as a great selling, reasonably priced " remake" Have to believe Stern has considered it.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

FGY is an awesome game. I think the they could have coded it to some of the newer episodes but that game shot really well and had one of the best toys in all of pinball history (Stewie pinball was so much fun!).

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

FGY is an awesome game. I think the they could have coded it to some of the newer episodes but that game shot really well and had one of the best toys in all of pinball history (Stewie pinball was so much fun!).

Nah, Donkey Pinball was way better.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How viable is that? That's the model I was referring to ( wanting to be produced)...... guess it wouldn't be a VE, but a ???

It would just be a new game. DE Simpsons vs. Stern Simpsons Pinball Party. Same license, different games. One based on the first season, the other based on the established legacy.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would just be a new game. DE Simpsons vs. Stern Simpsons Pinball Party. Same license, different games. One based on the first season, the other based on the established legacy.

Ok...so I want a SPPP!!!.... .....time to start a new thread.....( for the record, is it FG, or FGY, or both?...trying to keep my acronyms correct)....

#45 9 years ago

Both. FGY is the more commonly used term...

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks...noted...started new thread on SPPP ( a made up acronym)

#47 9 years ago

They should name that game "I'm not gay, butt pirate" because that's all I hear while playing it

Such a pity because I want to spend money on a South Park pin!

Man a new SP would prolly sell like crazy. Die hard fans, casual fans, pinheads & operators would scoop em up.

#48 9 years ago

Southpark was and still is a great pin on location. 2nd best earner for me of all the Data East, Sega ND Stern pins. Only the blue Data East Star Wars earned more. A new version would be great for ops and home buyers.

#49 9 years ago

South Park's sound was pretty exceptional. What was said was sometime a little to crass but it had really good sound and the light show was also above average. I thought long and hard about PROC'ing it but the layout leaves a lot to be desired. It did earn money, which if their were more like that maybe Sega and Williams would still be making pins. I don't think I would want to own one again but I can appreciate it for the fact that non-pinball people like my significant other would play it with me.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Flash Gordon had claim to "FG" so Family Guy became "FGY"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-south-park-vault-not-feasible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.