5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by sataneatscheese
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is a NIB game that lives in your basement and is taken to a pinball show for the freeplay area still HUO?”

• Yes 66 votes
      27%
    • No 178 votes
      73%

(244 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a81b4a67303548708aa8694b3e0724ae (resized).jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 months ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Looking at you collection, how can I be sure that your 1931 Wiffle was purchased NIB by you and has been HUO ever since?

I'll have you know that it was passed down from His Royal Highness Prince Julio Gottlieb-Stern-Deeproot, Esq. himself.

FROM HIS HOME.

#102 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure how that means anything.
    You can tell a game has been at a show based upon the audits?
    A show game may take a couple hundred games. That's NOTHING.
    The first game I ever bought is an EM with a game counter. It's registered over 50,000 starts on it since I bought it in 2002.

It means from the standpoint of how many actual games have been played.

If a game is on route and only has 500 plays...should still be in great condition.

#103 5 months ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Well... my dumb ass just put a deposit down on Rick and Morty. The goal is to take it to the first pinball show after I get it. I'm order 1886 so maybe I'll get it before White Rose. I really enjoyed playing other's pins at the last show. If I take a hit when I sell it so be it, but hopefully this one will have traction and stick around for a while. If I take it to a show I'll of course mention it in any listing down the road.

Got my Rick and Morty order number... 374... Should have it in time to bring it to... the York show... Whoot! Non-HUO personal use at home after that.

#104 5 months ago

Three comments (plus one):

1). I’m literal (and mostly honest) so I’m disappointed that only 77% of respondents think that HUO means Home Use Only. I’m in the camp that says if you haven’t owned it since it was in a box, you don’t know whether or not it’s home use only. And if it’s been to a show, you know it’s NOT.

2). Different sellers will use the term differently. Some mean it literally. Some stretch the truth. Some undoubtedly lie outright.

3). Anyone who pays a premium for a machine simply because it is described as HUO is a fool.

And one bonus: My favorite has to be “Possible HUO”. Literally true of any machine the seller hasn’t seen played on location.

#105 5 months ago

I feel like the purpose of saying a game is HUO used to imply that it hasn't spent a huge amount of time getting beat on in an arcade or bar. I find the term somewhat useful for games from the 90s or earlier, since the home market was quite rare and there would be a premium on a game that hasn't spent +10 years on route. Compared to that, I could care less if a game was used at a show for a few hundred plays. I don't feel like a game has any more chance of developing issue if played at a show versus at home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 26.50
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Judge Dredd Translite Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.50
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside