(Topic ID: 175771)

Is a hatchback Ford Fiesta capable on moving a machine?

By JReedie

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12-1978-Ford-Fiesta-Down-On-The-Junkyard-Picture-Courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hi there everyone I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to transport a machine in a Ford Fiesta before? I got rather carried away bidding on eBay and am now the proud owner of a Bally 4 Queens. The only problem is i now only have a Ford Fiesta and delivery isn't an option for me. I'm hoping it will fit but does anybody know for sure?

Wish me luck!
    James

#3 7 years ago

had a guy pick a wedgehead up in a honda fit. yes it fit

#4 7 years ago

I've hauled many games in a saturn sw2 and the hatch on the Fiesta looks like it has a similar opening, but is not as deep. I would be prep assuming that the body might stick out a few inches. Bring some rope to tie the hatch down. Since this is a single player game, the head is small and should fit nicely in the front seat..secure it with some rope, bungee and the seat belt if possible.

Drive carefully.

#5 7 years ago

After viewing that other thread and this video where two guys drive away with a 2 player game in a geo metro, I don't think you'll have any trouble with a fiesta...even an mk1 Fiesta (my first car).

https://vimeo.com/70691739

#6 7 years ago

I tried a Ford Festiva but wasn't sure how to disconnect the back box on a Gottlieb 4 player EM so it didn't fit. Now that I know how, I think I could make it fit.

You may have to strap the hatch down and let it hang out the back.

#7 7 years ago

This thread brings me so much joy.
    When I bought my first pin I was so excited I was about to go pick it up, and the Subaru died right then. I had to choose between waiting and arranging a proper ride or satisfying my desire and picking it up in my tiny C-class.

Waiting won out only when I realized that my foolproof plan of reclining the passenger seat and shoving it in there would probably destroy my leather and I just had it redone
    Pinball does weird things to an otherwise healthy brain.

#8 7 years ago

We gonna party, Columbo, fiesta, forever. C'mon and sing along.

#9 7 years ago

I'll measure it tomorrow if I get around to it. I got this one to replace the Yugo.

12-1978-Ford-Fiesta-Down-On-The-Junkyard-Picture-Courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin (resized).jpg12-1978-Ford-Fiesta-Down-On-The-Junkyard-Picture-Courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

What model / year ?
    I'm pretty sure it will fit. Don't take a passenger so you can move that seat totally forward.
    Probably you need to first put in the backbox behind you and then put the cabinet next to it.
    And bring enough straps to secure the machine inside as it won't be totally safe..
    15 years ago I once moved a RoadShow in a Ford Ka with me and my wife in it.. you can move a lot in a small car

#11 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your comments bonzo71 that video was brilliant! Love those guys!

Quoted from aeneas:What model / year ?
    I'm pretty sure it will fit.

It's a 2007 5 door and the back passenger seats luckily can both fold down reasonably flat.

#12 7 years ago

I know for certain that a modern solid state game on which the head folds down onto the body will not fit in a Ford Fiesta (2007 5 door model). The height of the boot opening was not enough to allow the game into the back. My partner owned one, and we changed the car for a 2008 Honda Jazz which would take a game.

I presume that 4 Queens has a detachable head like most EMs which is held on by four bolts. Once the head is detached you should be able to slide the cabinet into the back and then open the back passenger door and place the head in next to the cabinet. The length of the cabinet may be an issue unless you have the front seats set fully forward.

The worst case is that you might need to make two trips to pick up the cabinet and head separately.

#13 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your advice, thankfully I can confirm that an EM machine will fit in a Ford fiesta and the boot door can be fully closed, but only just!

What a relief that was but I'm so excited to start work on my Bally 4 Queens machine!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

After viewing that other thread and this video where two guys drive away with a 2 player game in a geo metro, I don't think you'll have any trouble with a fiesta...even an mk1 Fiesta (my first car).
    » Vimeo video

This video is so douchy, I cringe every time I see it.

#15 7 years ago

I didn't make the video..lol. Did you put the head in the front or back?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I didn't make the video..lol. Did you put the head in the front or back?

Luckily the head fit right besides the machine! It was a very tight fit and made for a cosy 2 hour drive home haha!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from JReedie:

Luckily the head fit right besides the machine! It was a very tight fit and made for a cosy 2 hour drive home haha!

I put in the head first and turn it sideways ( sides facing towards front and back of car) then slide the cabinet in next to it. Ford Focus.

#18 7 years ago

Maybe try calling an uber . Just request an suv.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-hatchback-ford-fiesta-capable-on-moving-a-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.