• Latest reply 8 years ago by billin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Gold Tom.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Almost can do for that, I bought a HUO a few months ago for 5,500 but 500 of that was to another person that was going to outbid me and asked that amount to not do so, so I paid him and paid 5k to the seller and 500 to the early birder but the birder transported it to my house since I had to rush over to get it using my car. Local HUO TOM's just don't happen and was once in a lifetime thing and I had to have it and would have paid like 7k for it if I had to outbid the bird. This TOM was clean as a whistle and was in a estate sell and was in a fancy house's game room with a expensive 9' billiard table, Wurlitzer bubble juke box and white albino buffalo head on the wall. Owner passed away and all house items where for sale as well as the 450k house in the foothills in Albuquerque. The widow wanted 5k for the Wurlitzer but I got cashed out on the TOM or I would have bought that too. Didn't ask what the buffalo head price was.
The picture is after I gave it all gold but since it was pristine it was well worth it and probably one of the nicest TOM's to be found if I ever sell it, not!

Gold Tom.jpgGold Tom.jpg

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Wow, quite a story. I never find stuff like this.

Twilight Zone beside it was sort of the same, the owner past away but I knew the person that was selling it for his family and bought that HUO for $4,900 in December 2012. Been really lucky finding nice pins but try not to by beaters. The competition to buy local pins for sale has really heated up in the last couple of years and you almost have to stomp your way in to get anything local that is nice nowadays and then these are people you know and don't want to offend so like the TOM I try to buy off the early bidders to not make them so mad if I feel the pin is worthy.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Wow, quite a story. I never find stuff like this.

Never ever say that because I always thought I would never ever have a TOM, Scared Stiff or MM either. Stay vigilant and get the craigslist app to notify you of local pins for sale and make many friend that have pins. I had the chance to get a Monster Bash for 7k locally from a friend but had tied up my free cash for the MMR so passed on that and passed on a really nice Totan for $6,500. Could of had a Fish Tales for $1,500 but passed on all of these since I did not have enough funds available at the time. I have been buying pins since like 2008 so over time as I save I have maxed out at 8 really nice pins, so give it time and save for pins that may popup locally. BTW Mezel wants to sell his WWE so if you know someone that is looking for one drop Tim Mezel a line, probably already modded out and was NIB for him so HUO for sure.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude apparently pays step aside fees on a regular basis to locals who he thinks are gonna buy a game he wants.
I wish I lived near him.

Not on a regular basis just on this HUO Tom. This pin at least to me was a 6.5k to 7k machine so not to get in a bidding war with the other buyer, that buyer said to me that he would stop bidding if I gave him 500. I did and paid 5k to the seller. If I had to buy this same quality pin out of state it would have cost me on an average 400 to get it shipped in. So finding this pristine one local I knew I would never find one in this condition and would have been at least 6K out of state or more if I could ever find one like this one. This was a clean HUO. The bidding started at 3.5 went to 4 then 4.5 then 5 and then we both stopped talked and he said he would stop for 500. He was the first one there and I came just a few minutes later but the seller had not sold it to him and I asked the seller if he was going to sell it to him and he said that he would sell it to the one with the highest offer. I knew other people had seen the ad and would be there shortly so I just wanted it over and out of there before someone outbid me. I thought it was a great deal and I think the other potential buyer was happy. We don't see A list machines listed here very often maybe like once twice a year and most are in players condition. Probably never happen again but when the other buyer said give me 500 to stop he was thinking I would say no but I immediately said okay and then he jumped up and down saying crudely there but nicely here dang dang dang. He wanted it too but probably knew that I would outbid him but I did not know still today if he would have outbid me. Never did anything like that before but it was well worth it to me at least and a few hundred just seeing his reaction when I said okay. I did actually know this person personally so didn't want to make him to sore and thought 500 was fair. The other buyer could have bought it but he was trying to get it cheaper and took too long negotiating a lower price and should have just given him 4k or 5k before I got there and maybe the seller would have agreed. I glad I paid the seller a friend for the widow a fair price for it at 5k. Crazy maybe but I have a really nice TOM in my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-decent-4500-tom-possible?tu=tdunbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.