• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (30) (resized).jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I'm wondering if I trade my big buck hunter pro for a Star Trek pro if that seems like a fair trade? Any thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Imo,

value-wise ST pro is higher.

Fun-wise......that's debatable

#3 6 years ago

Ya I know the fun factor depends on the person I don't think the values are miles apart tho maybe a couple hundred bucks?

#4 6 years ago

I think Star Trek is much better and worth $1000 more. Great deal for you

#5 6 years ago

Given equal condition, I'd say ST Pro is probably worth $200 more. BBH has remained a strong seller.

#6 6 years ago

1k to ST owner

#7 6 years ago

This isn't a done deal I've only brought it up to him, waiting for him to get back to me he said he would look into it

#8 6 years ago

Well...like making any deal it only takes finding one person that agrees with the terms of the deal...good luck!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

I'm wondering if I trade my big buck hunter pro for a Star Trek pro if that seems like a fair trade? Any thoughts?

If by fair trade you mean you are getting the more fun, more valuable, better themed game then yes.

#10 6 years ago

No...

#11 6 years ago

So what should be the terms an extra 500-1000? im not looking to screw anyone over here lol, I mean if he went straight up I'm down

#12 6 years ago

Depends on condition. If both are nice the ST is probably worth a couple hundred more at most. People saying 1k have lost their minds.

#13 6 years ago

BBH didn't come in a pro. one version only. ST is worth more technically.

#14 6 years ago

It says on the translite big buck hunter pro........so yeah

#15 6 years ago

Bbh $4500 cdn.
St pro $6k cdn and up.

#16 6 years ago

Regardless of value I've played both and Star Trek all day long for me! Yes it's cool to hunt down your prey on BBH but its stop and go and with less flow. The adrenaline rush that St gives me can 't be matched by BBH...

#17 6 years ago

BBH+1000=ST....

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

well, I guess technically. yes.....pro and only. As stripped down as it looks, it was a pro, before there were pros.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

It's the name of the game. Nothing to do with the 3 tier system Stern uses.
Big buck hunter pro was the name of the arcade machine too.

images (30) (resized).jpgimages (30) (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago

straight swap-st is a boat anchor, BBH is waaaaaaaaay more fun. Maybe offer $250 for a feel good.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Regardless of value I've played both and Star Trek all day long for me! Yes it's cool to hunt down your prey on BBH but its stop and go and with less flow. The adrenaline rush that St gives me can 't be matched by BBH...

No flow on BBH? what game you playing Dude. Super fast, fun and funny. Unique with the moving buck too!
"You got yourself a critter"

#22 6 years ago

I'm thinking no, but for someone who likes the BBHP theme alot it might be a pretty decent swap. I'm sure there are alot less BBHPs out there than ST Pros.

#23 6 years ago

BBH +$500. BBH is a better game than ST by a long shot and waaay harder to find.

#24 6 years ago

Not even close BBH is a turd. ST has the full package of game play, theme, and sound and lights are incorperated perfectly with shaker use. End of story.

Also there is a HUO BBH in NJ for sale right now with goodie bags and manuals still stapled in .Asking 4k would be a nice pick up though at 3.8

#25 6 years ago

If its a guy you know you could always swap/borrow games for some months or so

#26 6 years ago

Isn't the deer toy on the #bigbuckhunter prone to breakage and hard to get?

I seem to recall an issue about getting parts for BBH.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Isn't the deer toy on the #bigbuckhunter prone to breakage and hard to get?
I seem to recall an issue about getting parts for BBH.

nah, pretty simple and reliable mech.

#28 6 years ago

I think if the theme were different BBH would have been a hit. The gun game fans didn't translate to the pin. It's a fun game, the little I played of it and the wizard mode is all but impossible to achieve.

#29 6 years ago

what do STpros sell for?

BBH sell for 4-4500 regularly.

#30 6 years ago

I'm not an outdoors man. But you could create a comical redneck themed gameroom from BBH, Fish Tales, Frontier, maybe NASCAR, Indy "turbo Bobby" 500, or Nitro Ground Shaker.

#31 6 years ago

You'd have to be drunk on moonshine to pay $4500 for a big buck hunter. It's a terrible game.

Unless you're talking about the video game. That's fun.

#32 6 years ago

BBH is actually a really fun game and AbacusMan was right all along!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

So by calling it what it is,big buck hunter pro, this is wrong? I am aware that the game does not have a 3 tier system, but the name of the game is big buck hunter pro, there is no denying that

#34 6 years ago

I guess my grammar in the topic is incorrect

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

I guess my grammar in the topic is incorrect

Don't sweat the small stuff

#36 6 years ago

As others have said, it all comes down to what you think the value is at. To me, if the other person was willing to trade straight up and you were good with it, it's a fair deal on both sides.

ST is worth more in the open market, but BBH is rare enough that sometimes you can get a really solid price for one because people can't find them. I own a BBH, and I bought it and had it delivered to to a show. A friend at the show told me he had a buyer for it at $5k+ if I wanted to sell because they are impossible to find. I still held mine.

It's probably the best offer I'll get on mine, but I also really like the game (it's very similar to Iron Man), and unlike Iron Man, there is no way they'll remake it.

#37 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of either, but prefer BBH.

Star Trek Pro is worth more cash, but it's a complete snooze fest for me.

#38 6 years ago

BBH plus $500 - $1000 if condition is equal

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

BBH plus $500 - $1000 if condition is equal

are ST pro really selling for 5-5500 now?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, pretty simple and reliable mech.

Really? The one at our bar league location was an unreliable mess until the wire conduit design was completely changed. The stock design, we wires would catch when at on the conduit and break making the buck not register.

Elk also regularly needs tightening back up. It gets sloppy and then doesn't register. It can also wear to bare wood if it get's really sloppy.

Autolaunch is often an issue in elk because it can't make it all the way around.

About 1/2 the games I have played the buck channel is also not flush on both sides. Mech eng wise the game is a mess. Software, the game is a mess. Theme is awful. But it is one of my favourite games.

#41 6 years ago

I have owned both.....BBH is still here.

No issues...unique fun!

#42 6 years ago

I've had zero issues with my buck hunter, but I do take very good care of my toys

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have owned both.....BBH is still here.
No issues...unique fun!

Ya I've been wondering if I'd miss my bbh, I didn't like it much when I first got it last year but I find myself enjoying it a lot in the recent months, it definitely has grown on me lately

#44 6 years ago

Its really up to you....Speed, Flow, and theme, make Star Trek a winner....
I, personally have enough like this to be happy.

BBH, is quirky, and fun and different than ST.

I personally found I enjoyed Elvis, more than ST, at a $2000 savings.

or Iron Man, or Tron for speed.....

Is the trade worth it? Sure if its your taste, and you have lots of $$$ info.

Only you know your tastes, family, space, etc....

Simply too many good choices!

#45 6 years ago

Here in western Canada everything is selling and above values ($5k tftc for example) More pinball on location is bringing new young people with extra income into the hobby. However, if a bbh was listed on kijiji for 6k it would sit there for a while. If st pro is listed for 6k it probably sells the same day listed and wouldn't make it a week.

And bbh sells/trades quite often here in the west. Maybe they shipped more out here? They seemed to be in every other sports pub a few years back.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

yes, that's why it was funny

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm not an outdoors man. But you could create a comical redneck themed gameroom from BBH, Fish Tales, Frontier, maybe NASCAR, Indy "turbo Bobby" 500, or Nitro Ground Shaker.

Roadshow

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

Yes - a thought.
Jump on that at once.

One game is excellent - one is barely OK, and certainly flawed code-wise.
Trek has one of the most complete codes in all of Stern pinball IMHO.
My top DMD regret sell - only did so to get Metallica when I could not afford both.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are ST pro really selling for 5-5500 now?

Not at all. Most people got them Nib for $4600-$4800 and are lucky to get $4500 huo at resale. I can only assume people are thinking bbh goes for $3500 or something.

#50 6 years ago

If both machines have similar history i.e. HUO, and in the same condition then I would say its close to an equal trade. I sold my HUO Star Trek Pro for $4400 and couple months back.....maybe the ST is worth a couple hundred more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-big-buck-hunter-pro-worth-a-star-trek-pro?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.