• 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GaryMartin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

YOU TURNED DOWN 10k FOR YOUR WOZ???? Talk about a bad move! I've seen my share change hands in the 7's... and WoZ is still considered somewhat rare since so few have been delivered. Just wait until all 1000 are out there plus the Standards!
Sell it now, take your profit and buy a nice HUO for $6000-$6500 in 6 months... or an even better idea is just do buy a Standard from Buddy like mentioned below!

Quoted from ccotenj:

wow... the price pumping has started already....
as others have noted, these are available almost daily on pinside for well under 9k... so you didn't take 10k for yours and buy one of those, thus throwing away a profit of over 1k...

because sometimes..its not about the money..
Also..I can't tell you how disappointed my kids would be.
-Joe

#52 10 years ago

OP, post that you want one here and see what comes up. Pick the lowest price. Enjoy your machine.

#53 10 years ago

Tekees comments about the difference between pins heavily routed in the 90's and pins nowadays not so much is dead on. A similar situation happened with Star Wars action figures. They made a ton of them in the late 70s early 80s but back then almost all were taken out of the packaging and heavily played with. Very few exist in pristine NIB condition. The prequel action figures were bought by many and kept NIB because they saw what the originals went for in that condition. Those NIB prequel Star Wars figures are never going to be worth much because there are just too many. Even if the movies were well received they would still never be worth much. There are so many more HUO games in recent years that todays HUO pins in excellent shape will never compete with the rarity of 1990's HUO pins in excellent shape.

#54 10 years ago

Anyone who compares a TAFG to todays pin world is just ,well, you know.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OP, post that you want one here and see what comes up. Pick the lowest price. Enjoy your machine.

I agree with this.^^^^^^^ Shop around a bit.

If you really want the game and know you will enjoy it for years then maybe spending a little extra is ok, but 10K is out of line. The guys here are right to suggest that you could find one for 8 to 8.5K. That's 1500 to 2000 dollars back in your pocket compared to your distributor's price. I doubt JJP boards will cost that much to replace or repair if warranty is part of your concern.

Good luck, let us know when you have your WOZ!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

You look at Woz, and what, half the pin heads say it sucks? You can love the game but if half (maybe way more) the people don't like it that means the game is not great (as an average). It doesn't matter if some love it or not, the average is what counts. And with that, in a few years when all have sold the price will go down for sure.

I'm not sure I agree with "and what, half the pin heads say it sucks?". Half sounds like a really high number, but I will say that the ones that do not like it are very vocal about it. But that also doesn't matter. I would not care if the value of my WOZ dropped to $5k once it gets to my house. I've played enough games on it to know it is a bunch of fun, and in my house, that is all that matters. It isn't an investment, it's a pinball machine. Up, down, who cares, I'll play the snot out of it no matter what the value does.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

You look at Woz, and what, half the pin heads say it sucks?

It originally did to be honest. It's improved leaps and bounds since the last iteration I played. If I had pre-paid, I'd be the first one to ask them to send me the last one off the line so I'd pickup all the fixes along the way, but it's shaping up to be a fine pin. I see no point whatsoever in buying an LE personally, but to each his own.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi All,
I moved about 2 years ago and sold my last pin (TZ) before the move. I've owned around 30 machines over the years, and the most I ever spent was on a routed MM that cost me $5000 sight unseen - I ended up making $2k when I sold it, but at the time $5k seemed like a ton for 1 machine. I miss having pins around so much, that I built a virtual pinball machine to fill the void.
Here's my dilemma - I never pre-ordered woz, but played it at a show and loved it. Now I can't get it out of my head. I can buy a le from a distributor for $9300 to my front door. My wife says I can get it - I just can't decide if this is a good or bad move. Help me decide please!

That seems kinda ridiculous to me. I bought a WOZ Standard back in the first part of July for $6,995. Find a dealer that has a Standard in stock and get that. Exactly the same play as the limited edition.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That's crazy. Search the last 10 sold. 7500 to 8500 for a quicker delivery or HUO . There will be plenty more for sale.

These are for produced, or about to be, WOZ's right? I wonder how much they will be selling for when all 1000 are made and TH is nearing release.

#60 10 years ago

Personally I'd buy 4-5 90's DMD machines and have WAY MORE FUN than a single WOZLE.

(IMHO) One Top 50 90's DMD is more fun to play that WOZ..

WOZ is a beautiful, well built machine. I just didn't think it was super fun to play.

#61 10 years ago

Just get a standard. Same game as the LE, cheaper, and you'll get it before all the LE owners who are still waiting for their game.

#62 10 years ago

woz IMHO is beautiful to look at.

Yes it is. It is also fun for the family to play.

The distributor raised the price today...

Do your homework and find a distributor that has a WOZ standard with shaker and invisiglass for about $7400 and you will be playing in a few weeks. You will have the same playing experience as on a LE.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I personally paid $8700 a couple weeks ago and quickly regretted paying that much. I think I $700 although my pin did ship that same week and is #47 (not that it matters to me but maybe it will when I sell it down the road).
There was one on Pinside the other day for $7900.
PM doughslingers here on Pinside. He sells the standard with Invisiglass and a shaker for $7200. Personally, that is what I think I should have done. (Tell him Darin sent you )
As far as the pin itself goes, we love it and even with incomplete code it is now the favorite pin for my wife and 2 of my kids.

Agree with Darin 100%. PM or call Doughslingers and he will treat you more than fairly. Buddy is a good guy.

Darin, I am glad to hear that your family loves WOZ. I ordered one (from Buddy) the other day.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tiki, some day you and I should sit down over a beer so I can hear how your logic works. I think it would be fascinating to try to comprehend.

Quoted from teekee:

Anytime... I am always glad to help those that can't keep up!

I like to see what teekee writes. I don't always agree with him, but he brings a different perspective and that is valuable. I think he is "spot on" concerning WOZ values longer term, but that did not stop me from getting one as I didn't buy it to make money. I bought it to have fun with my family.

P.S. Al-Jazeera also provides great perspective on how the world sees the U.S. Sometimes I don't like to hear what they say, but it is a different perspective and that improves my critical thinking. (Teekee, I am not comparing you to Al-Jazeera except for that fact that you make me think.)

#65 10 years ago

That's just stupid money. I posted a few days ago that a guy in Herndon (DC suburb) sold his WOZLE for $7000. He started at $7500 and didn't get any takers. Don't be a sucker. They are making 1000! It's not rare!

But hey, if you can sell yours for that kind of money go for it! Shipping and "I need it know!" can always drive up the price of a game...

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Probably 90% of pin heads agree that the game is great.You look at Woz, and what, half the pin heads say it sucks? You can love the game but if half (maybe way more) the people don't like it

Im not sure I agree at all with this either.
Half don’t like it…doubt that very much….that’s a lot of don’t likes…and it doesn’t add up. Those that don’t, have been very focal (as stated above)…but they are the same ole same ole guys. To each his own. From reading the countless woz threads, those that dislike, "some" of them have been shown to have an agenda.
The more I play this machine..the more I like it..its actually ingenious….and its only getting better with each passing update.
As to the ops question….yep, too much today as some for sales recently were much less. But the game will most likely be worth more in the future than it is today. This machine is special

Post edited by absocountry2 : fixed block quote

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I'd buy 4-5 90's DMD machines and have WAY MORE FUN than a single WOZLE.
(IMHO) One Top 50 90's DMD is more fun to play that WOZ..
WOZ is a beautiful, well built machine. I just didn't think it was super fun to play.

So what? The OP enjoyed it and wants one.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So what? The OP enjoyed it and wants one.

Wow....that really must have come across wrong......it was just food for thought.

#69 10 years ago

^^^ Yo Vyzer, here's a helpful posting hint: Type your response AFTER the /blockquote command and your posts will be clearer and make more sense.

#70 10 years ago

Simply put,yes.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

^^^ Yo Vyzer, here's a helpful posting hint: Type your response AFTER the /blockquote command and your posts will be clearer and make more sense.

thanks....i thought I did that. Wish I could fix it (edit, delete, double post...forget it)

#72 10 years ago

I played WOZ for the first time last night and I can see why you're keen on getting one. Great looking/sounding game and I found that it was a lot of fun to play.
If you are asking if you should buy one and since you've played it, then sure.
If you're asking if $9300 is a good price, it sounds like it's way more than current prices.
If the value of your WOZ down the road is a concern, or you simply want to save money by being patient, you may wish to wait.
IN MY OPINION, there have been quite a number for sale already. I seem to think that once the sparkle fades on the machine, not all owners are wowed by the game itself. That is probably true of all pins. The thing is, right now there are still a ton of people waiting to get theirs so there's still demand for these machines. Imagine what happens once all the LEs are out there, some people are bored and want something new, and regular versions are available.
There's just no way that a Medieval Madness would be selling for $15k-20k right now if you could buy them NIB without some of the trim.
IN MY OPINION, the ability to buy a game NIB will always limit the sale price on the LEs that are out there. When you can have nearly the same thing for 6k, why would you pay 10k for green trim and not much more?
That's why I think they may never sell for much more than they're listed for now.

Good luck and I hope that you do get a NIB pin. Setting up a never been played game is a fun thing to experience.

#73 10 years ago

I heard a rumor today from a Jersey Jack distributor....he said that JJP has less than 200 standard WOZ left to sell (as of 6 weeks ago) For a total of 2000 WOZ/WOZLE. Once they produce the 2000 machines they will move onto making the hobbit (stop producing WOZ)
Only time will tell but standards are now pushing over $7000 for pre orders from Dist

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I heard a rumor today from a Jersey Jack distributor....he said that JJP has less than 200 standard WOZ left to sell (as of 6 weeks ago) For a total of 2000 WOZ/WOZLE. Once they produce the 2000 machines they will move onto making the hobbit (stop producing WOZ)
Only time will tell but standards are now pushing over $7000 for pre orders from Dist

Whaaaaat? That doesn't make any sense. Jack said he'd build as many WOZ's as he could sell. Why would he stop at 1000 Standards? Hobbit won't be ready until (theoretically) the end of 2014 - so, wouldn't Jack want to keep WOZ's in production and selling until then - and then even after if demand is there?

#75 10 years ago

I dunno maybe he will make the hobbit and then do another run of WOZ who knows, but considering he is still filling Jan 2011 orders on WOZ it will be a while before 2000 WOZ are completed.

Good thing it's only pinball

#76 10 years ago

You can wait on any pin made and get it cheaper later, depends on if you want to play it now, they will all drop in price and as for 9300, no way....

You are starting to see a slew of Ac/dc premiums show up because they were so popular, so many produced and thus as the "run" ends of Nibs and the "sparkle" wears off, it will drop along with everything else, and I'm buying a Nib right now......

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can wait on any pin made and get it cheaper later, depends on if you want to play it now, they will all drop in price and as for 9300, no way....
You are starting to see a slew of Ac/dc premiums show up because they were so popular, so many produced and thus as the "run" ends of Nibs and the "sparkle" wears off, it will drop along with everything else, and I'm buying a Nib right now......

Well said.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

9300 .. pricey right now (as others have said.) You can probably find an LE in the $8500-$9000 range ... but I wouldn't wait too long (more than 4-5 months.) Once all LE's are shipped ... and once code gets completed ... I think the value will go up. Not to insane MM levels but very easily could reach 10k a year from now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the funniest thing that I've read all day!!!

The same guy that was posting almost non-stop in the STLE thread about the pricing being stupid comes over here and says the above crap. Priceless!

#79 10 years ago

And like hassanchop says, the game play on WoZ sucks, so there is zero chance in hell that it will ever be a $10k pin, despite what Craz4Pin and Jack say!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

And like hassanchop says, the game play on WoZ sucks, so there is zero chance in hell that it will ever be a $10k pin, despite what Craz4Pin and Jack say!

I hate to be the one defending WOZ (what has this world come to?) but three of us played it last night, expecting to find it pretty and boring... And we all thought it was a blast.
Dunno about long term play though in all fairness.
However, I think supply on this title will greatly outweigh demand as more folks receive their long awaited game, and fewer are waiting to get it. It'll be interesting to see what happens once the initial demand has been met.

As far as JJP stopping production to start Hobbit: please tell me how he'll pay the bills. A pinball company has to keep selling pins.

#81 10 years ago

Those are just the "numbered" standards. He did 1000 LEs, thn 1000 numbered standards because they are special too, and then he is going to build them until his fingers bleed, or they stop selling. After the first 2000 machines they are just standards. I think it's kind of a cool way to signify that these first 2000 games are what built the company.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

As far as JJP stopping production to start Hobbit: please tell me how he'll pay the bills. A pinball company has to keep selling pins.

Sadly, selling pins is pretty easy. Producing pins is hard. Producing finished code and feature complete pins... apparently friggin' imossible

#83 10 years ago

Don't buy a WOZECLE from Automated . . . unless you want to pay too much!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

like hassanchop says, the game play on WoZ sucks

I didn't say this.
What i said is: looks like half the pin heads say it sucks.
I was just commenting on what i read.
I didn't play the game yet so i can not say if the game sucks or not.

My opinion of just what i saw from the games is:
Horrible choice of a theme (specially when Jack opens this project saying that will reinvent pin with new technology. arrgh and then you choose Wizard of OZ? :s)
The game itself looks amazing. Superb art and lights. Really one of the best ever.
The gameplay looks amazing also. Looks like a very fun game. Would love to try one.
The animations on the lcd are very very good.

I would never buy this one because of the theme.
That's the problem that Hobbit will not have, so i hope that one will come out great.
(Yes a new pin company is good for all of us, so i really hope JJP will do much more in the next years.)

1 week later
#85 10 years ago

The Standard WOZ are numbered too, X of 1000. So once the first 1,000 Standard WOZ are done, yes they will stop making *numbered* Standards. I'd imagine JJP will keep making unnumbered WOZ as long as there's a demand for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-9300-for-wozle-a-bad-move/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.