• 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GaryMartin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

I moved about 2 years ago and sold my last pin (TZ) before the move. I've owned around 30 machines over the years, and the most I ever spent was on a routed MM that cost me $5000 sight unseen - I ended up making $2k when I sold it, but at the time $5k seemed like a ton for 1 machine. I miss having pins around so much, that I built a virtual pinball machine to fill the void.
Here's my dilemma - I never pre-ordered woz, but played it at a show and loved it. Now I can't get it out of my head. I can buy a le from a distributor for $9300 to my front door. My wife says I can get it - I just can't decide if this is a good or bad move. Help me decide please!

#2 10 years ago

Bad move, wait for hobbit to be released there will be a lot of them for sale.

#3 10 years ago

That's crazy. Search the last 10 sold. 7500 to 8500 for a quicker delivery or HUO . There will be plenty more for sale.

#4 10 years ago

Bad move? Terrible. Post that you want one, they are routinely for sale. Take the lowest offer.

#5 10 years ago

Or check your local Craigslist one just popped up here for 8,500 still in the box.

#6 10 years ago

9300? That will buy any WOZLE . You might even get a red one for that much .

Good luck with the purchase.

#7 10 years ago

A standard is nearly the same machine, no play differences just cosmetic.

#9 10 years ago

At least 2000 reasons that is a bad move.

#10 10 years ago

I was offered 10 for mine.

Good move!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Good move!

Want to send that person my way? I have a few games I could sell them

#12 10 years ago

you didn't take it, and go buy another one?

#13 10 years ago

WOZ is not a smart game to preorder or buy at this point IMO

Just buy one when the code is playable (like for real, with modes, GI & no resets)

Otherwise you will be $9300 poorer & still playing your Virtual Pin

Late 2014 WOZ should be a damn fine game if JJP stays open.

#14 10 years ago

Think current market is floating right around $8500 IMHO.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Want to send that person my way? I have a few games I could sell them

The person who had made the offer is not a pinhead but a Rather a big Movie Buff and also a Film Director.
He is also and Wizard of Oz fanatic...

I thought about out for about 30 seconds.

Dude ...no sorry...

#17 10 years ago

Pay 7800 and get a Star Trek le

#18 10 years ago

Hmm.... I need to look into if the warranty is transferable on a used machine. I've read the support forums and seems like the boards tend to go out and I doubt Marco carries them. The distributor raised the price today to $9995 - $300(check or wire transfer discount) + $425 shipping = $10,120 delivered - dang!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Pay 7800 and get a Star Trek le

I had sttng and it was a great game (when the optos were keeping up). The pics I've seen of Star Trek seem just ok, woz IMHO is beautiful to look at.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hmm.... I need to look into if the warranty is transferable on a used machine. I've read the support forums and seems like the boards tend to go out and I doubt Marco carries them. The distributor raised the price today to $9995 - $300(check or wire transfer discount) + $425 shipping = $10,120 delivered - dang!

Dude, don't buy from Automated Services.

#21 10 years ago

If you want to own the bragging rights for "highest price ever paid for a WOZ", definitely proceed with the purchase.

#22 10 years ago

...Regarding the price on this one....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

It's a terrible move (unless you're buying it from me).

#24 10 years ago

A great pin but an awful price. Look elsewhere.

#25 10 years ago

I personally paid $8700 a couple weeks ago and quickly regretted paying that much. I think I $700 although my pin did ship that same week and is #47 (not that it matters to me but maybe it will when I sell it down the road).

There was one on Pinside the other day for $7900.

PM doughslingers here on Pinside. He sells the standard with Invisiglass and a shaker for $7200. Personally, that is what I think I should have done. (Tell him Darin sent you )

As far as the pin itself goes, we love it and even with incomplete code it is now the favorite pin for my wife and 2 of my kids.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

It's a terrible move (unless you're buying it from me).

+1 on this. You can disregard my above post if you want to buy mine!

#27 10 years ago

$9300 to my front door

for woz? camon..
do it only if you absolutely love the theme and the game. even so it's way to much for a pin..

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

WOZ is not a smart game to preorder or buy at this point IMO
Just buy one when the code is playable (like for real, with modes, GI & no resets)
Otherwise you will be $9300 poorer & still playing your Virtual Pin
Late 2014 WOZ should be a damn fine game if JJP stays open.

It seems like you currently have a bad opinion of the game but that doesn't mean everyone else does, actually the vast majority of people love the game and many ops are reporting that its out earning every title on location. The code is more then playable right now and there's already more depth to the game then some recent titles. Also, 1.2 is supposed to be a huge update and should be out by the end of the week.

To the OP. WOZ is an incredible game and you won't regret purchasing one. However, I do think that $9,300 right now is a bit much for an LE. One sold for $7,500 about a week ago but that was a one off and an extremely quick sale. Most seem to be selling in the range of $8k-$8,500 right now +/- $200 depending on how soon the game may ship.

#29 10 years ago

This is the worst time to buy - I'd wait until there are more on the market and the price will almost certainly come down.

#30 10 years ago

The person who had made the offer is not a pinhead but a Rather a big Movie Buff and also a Film Director.
Dude ...no sorry...

YOU TURNED DOWN 10k FOR YOUR WOZ???? Talk about a bad move! I've seen my share change hands in the 7's... and WoZ is still considered somewhat rare since so few have been delivered. Just wait until all 1000 are out there plus the Standards!

Sell it now, take your profit and buy a nice HUO for $6000-$6500 in 6 months... or an even better idea is just do buy a Standard from Buddy like mentioned below!

#31 10 years ago

As mentioned above if you want one call Buddy ( dough slingers) . I promise you can't go wrong as he is one of the best guys in pinball. Get a regular for a great price .

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

As mentioned above if you want one call Buddy ( dough slingers) . I promise you can't go wrong as he is one of the best guys in pinball. Get a regular for a great price .

That seems like a plan.
(and don't forget to vote for his movie theater as well... if you missed the corresponding thread, just click on http://projectdrivein.com/#vote_109)

#33 10 years ago

9300 .. pricey right now (as others have said.) You can probably find an LE in the $8500-$9000 range ... but I wouldn't wait too long (more than 4-5 months.) Once all LE's are shipped ... and once code gets completed ... I think the value will go up. Not to insane MM levels but very easily could reach 10k a year from now.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

9300 .. pricey right now (as others have said.) You can probably find an LE in the $8500-$9000 range ... but I wouldn't wait too long (more than 4-5 months.) Once all LE's are shipped ... and once code gets completed ... I think the value will go up. Not to insane MM levels but very easily could reach 10k a year from now.

Huh? You must be living in OZ...

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

YOU TURNED DOWN 10k FOR YOUR WOZ???? Talk about a bad move! I've seen my share change hands in the 7's... and WoZ is still considered somewhat rare since so few have been delivered. Just wait until all 1000 are out there plus the Standards!
Sell it now, take your profit and buy a nice HUO for $6000-$6500 in 6 months... or an even better idea is just do buy a Standard from Buddy like mentioned below!

A standard without invisiglass and shaker may go for that price in 6 months but I doubt HUO LE's will ever be going for that price. I think LE's even HUO will always go for at least list price. No way is WOZECLE, with everything it has to offer, is going that low with ACDC / Metallica LE's still in the $7500+ range.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Which part of my post did you feel deserved a "huh"?

I'm not crazy about the WOZ theme .. but the game is already damn fun. The build quality, the playfield lighting, the LCD graphics, the incredible sound system, deep ruleset (only getting deeper), along with all the other bells and whistles. I see 10k in value easily, especially next to some other pins which are somehow valued higher. If you don't see it, that's fine ... but I believe enough people will and will want this in their collection.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If ACDC LE (using as an example since its a recent game) can go for that price then the same thing could happen to WOZECLE in a year or two. Its possible.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Which part of my post did you feel deserved a "huh"?
I'm not crazy about the WOZ theme .. but the game is already damn fun. The build quality, the playfield lighting, the LCD graphics, the incredible sound system, deep ruleset (only getting deeper), along with all the other bells and whistles. I see 10k in value easily, especially next to some other pins which are somehow valued higher. If you don't see it, that's fine ... but I believe enough people will and will want this in their collection.

And you can get ALL this ^ ^ in the endless Standards they are making. Why would you buy an LE for an extreme markup????????????????????????????????????????????????

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If ACDC LE (using as an example since its a recent game) can go for that price then the same thing could happen to WOZECLE in a year or two. Its possible.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

ACDC is a great pin. WoZ not even close. They only made 200 of the LTBR LE's and 300 of the BIB LE's. With 1000 WoZ LE's and nothing to really separate the LE's over the endless Standards they are producing I just can't see any real increase here...

JJP needed to make the LE a real LE and make no more than 500. It should have had different cabinet art and something else unique about it. Instead its nothing more than a Standard with some minor upgrades...

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

ACDC is a great pin. WoZ not even close. They only made 200 of the LTBR LE's and 300 of the BIB LE's. With 1000 WoZ LE's and nothing to really separate the LE's over the endless Standards they are producing I just can't see any real increase here...
JJP needed to make the LE a real LE and make no more than 500. It should have had different cabinet art and something else unique about it. Instead its nothing more than a Standard with some minor upgrades...

Is it so easy to find a Gold TAF??? Do you think the Gold TAF had even as much as WOZLE in terms of differences?? No brainer WOZLE will go up in value.
And WOZ is not a great pin?? I think many would disagree and it's still not even done.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's your opinion and it doesn't help when you bash WOZ at every opportunity. WOZECLE is a real LE. ACDC is an amazing pin and I own one. I think the LE version is pretty darn awesome too.

As for WOZECLE. High quality powder coated interior and exterior parts. Does ACDC LE have powder coated parts in the interior? No but its still an awesome LE. Unique LE topper. Custom clear coated wood apron with plaque. Signed certificate by design team. Shaker + invisiglass.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Is it so easy to find a Gold TAF??? Do you think the Gold TAF had even as much as WOZLE in terms of differences?? No brainer WOZLE will go up in value.
And WOZ is not a great pin?? I think many would disagree and it's still not even done.

Please don't compare pins of today with pins from 20 years ago... TAFG was heavily routed and many were beat and destroyed and only a few were taken really good care of. That's what happend to pins 20 years ago. Things have totally changed.. There will be dozens and dozens of WoZ LE's kept in the box for many many years and 99% of WoZ LE's will not get routed.

Do we have to continually explain this? We're not in the 90's anymore Toto...

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Got mine from Buddy as well. Great guy to deal with.

As for Ops orginal question. I think it is way too pricey for the game right now, they are out there for less but sometimes impatience cost. As for speculating on future value, too many unknowns on this game right now including durability and code.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Tiki, some day you and I should sit down over a beer so I can hear how your logic works. I think it would be fascinating to try to comprehend.

To the OP, as everyone is saying, 93 was too much, and then after the increase, it is absurd. Post a WTB here and you will probably get some better offers. WOZ is a very polarizing game, so lots of people like (edited by Robin) or the (edited by Robin) will try to talk you out of it. But the game itself is amazing with the current code. I played 50 games on it over the weekend, and can't wait to play more. Fun and tough game to beat as it already is.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tiki, some day you and I should sit down over a beer so I can hear how your logic works. I think it would be fascinating to try to comprehend.

Anytime... I am always glad to help those that can't keep up!

#46 10 years ago

You shouldn't be asking us about this....you should be asking YOURSELF if this is a smart move. Unless you have money to burn that is. Only you know your financial situation.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Do we have to continually explain this? We're not in the 90's anymore Toto...

By "we" you mean you and your many personalities? Let's just say 20% of TAFG were destroyed (doubtful) but that would mean 800 are still out there. I rarely see even a beat-up one come up for sale and even then they want 8K+.
You believe "dozens and dozens of WOZLE will be kept NIB for years". That's BS IMO (a few might) but if it really was true ... do you really think those keeping them NIB are not going to want to see 10K+ for them down the road? Do you think they'll just be happy to get them for the original $7500-$8000? I know I already wouldn't sell mine for $8000. I wouldn't even sell it for $8500 right now.

#48 10 years ago

Good move!

Dude ...no sorry...

wow... the price pumping has started already....

as others have noted, these are available almost daily on pinside for well under 9k... so you didn't take 10k for yours and buy one of those, thus throwing away a profit of over 1k...

#49 10 years ago

This will be a fun thread to look back on in a couple of years.

#50 10 years ago

You guys (some of you) still don't get it.
The most important thing that makes a pin go up in value over the time is the game itself. The quality, rarity, bla bla also counts, but the main is if the game is good or not.
Look at MM. Fabulous game, and a gold mine on route. Probably 90% of pin heads agree that the game is great.
You look at Woz, and what, half the pin heads say it sucks? You can love the game but if half (maybe way more) the people don't like it that means the game is not great (as an average). It doesn't matter if some love it or not, the average is what counts. And with that, in a few years when all have sold the price will go down for sure.
You can see this in the games produced in the last 10 years:
Great---> price goes up (Tron, LOTR, AC/DC...)
Not great---> price comes down (WPC, WOF...)

There are exceptions in games that value by there rarity: BBB, KK.. but those are really really rare.

I am not saying that Woz is not great. I've never tried it so i am just making a comment on what i see in forums.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-9300-for-wozle-a-bad-move and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.