• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_203214 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where are you seeing standards for 6500 and ECLE for low 7s?

MN, last 3 sold for around that

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Wow those really went down in value then? I lost count of the number of 8K offers I had on my RR WOZ, one person said he would do $8,200. So I felt the value of the RR WOZ holds pretty decent. In the end I used it as part of a trade deal for 2 pins instead of selling it.

The ones that sold were ECLE and Standards. Prices in WI tend to be a bit higher as well.

#75 7 years ago

One thing I'd look out for is the 2.0 light boards. These are non serial, the latest updated, and the biggest selling point to buy (and even resell your machine down the line)

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This whole discussion reminds me of when I was a kid and bought The Legend of Zelda cartridge for the NES. It was somewhat revolutionary at the time because it used a battery to save your progress instead of a password like other games (e.g., Metroid). I remember when I learned that the battery only had a 5 year life that I expressed frustration to my father. He laughed at me and said that I wouldn't be playing in 5 years anyway. Sure enough, after a few months, I had conquered both the main and secondary quests multiple times and moved on to other games. Later in life, I was able to download the original The Legend of Zelda and play again. People's feelings change, and technology has a way of making things happen.
Right now, I say WOZ will never leave my collection, but I have no idea how I'll feel in 5 years. At some point, all versions of the boards will stop working and replacements will be needed. Someone will offer something. I was more concerned with the USB dongle that has an encrypted code that you need to run the software. I remember asking about it in another thread and wondering how the pin would function if that dongle stopped working and JJP was out of business. I believe Lloyd responded and said something like, "the pinball community is full of creative people." There are a ton of WOZs out there owned by home collectors that will be kept in pristine condition. It is one of the greatest machines. There will be demand for it in the future, and somehow, people will find a way to have replacement parts.

You were wrong about that 5 year battery life. A lot of original nes games still hold their save 30 years later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-75th-woz-worth-it-the-extra-money?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.