• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_203214 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from zachsteffens:

Is the invisiglass necessary?

Can't speak to the rest of it, but anti-reflective glass is pretty damn awesome. So even if you buy the green WOZ, I'd still recommend getting high end glass (PDI is also $300 a sheet and gets slightly better reviews than Invisiglass, but I'd doubt the difference is worth the hassle if you could get the Invisiglass shipped with your WOZ).

You've probably put in plenty of time on WOZ already, but I see you're in Denver so if you haven't had a chance to play, I think there are green WOZs at both of the 1UP locations, always worth getting familiar with a game and being sure you like it before plunking down your money.

Good luck with your purchase!

#8 7 years ago

If you decide to go the HUO route consider posting in the CO buy/sell/trade thread (but be prepared to wait a few months or more until a suitable WOZ comes onto the local market, if you're willing to deal with shipping you could get one more quickly):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft

If you're going NIB, I'd also suggest contacting a couple of authorized dealers (if you haven't already) to see if you can get a break on price/shipping vs. the JJP website, you may be able to save a few hundred that way.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But on the ECLE's you're playing light board roulette. A LOT of them have the old light boards that will eventually fail. It's $600-$800 to swap the boards out with the newer buffered boards, plus the time. Definitely a consideration.

Does JJP not provide warranty service on those boards anymore?

#39 7 years ago

Here's a HUO 75th Anniversary. Decent discount plus it has a bunch of mods installed, worth considering if you're willing to ship or drive to Reno ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-wizard-of-oz-rr-75th-anniversary-huo-wmods

#54 7 years ago

FWIW I bought a "hard" game (The Shadow) as my first pin and absolutely loved it. Have I beaten the game? No, but I'm still having lots of fun trying! Plus you can adjust the settings and playfield for an easier time if desired.

I've never put much time on WOZ but if the concern is getting too tough of a game for a new player, I wouldn't sweat it. Now if you're worried about wife/kids/casual friends, that's another matter...

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I never said you had to spend money like a sailor on leave for a first game a JY or Terminator 2 could be had for the price of a WOZ

On that rationale, no one should ever buy an A-list or NIB game at all -- there are lots of great games in the $1.5k-$3k range (and many still cheaper) and you can't credibly argue that they're only 1/5 or 1/4 as much fun to play as MM or WOZ. But if you have nostalgic attachment to a game, simply love the theme/package, or have plenty of cash but only space for one or two machines, going for a single high-end pin instead of a handful of cheapies may make total sense.

3 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

Congratulations Zach! Enjoy the hell out of it. Nothing quite like having your first pin, and getting comfortable tinkering with it is half the fun (and a necessary half, for sure).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-75th-woz-worth-it-the-extra-money?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.