• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_203214 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The problem is that in todays world of putting disposable electronics in just about everything, I don't know if any of these manufactures would have any incintive to continue making these components for our pins after everyone starts using the next latest greatest RGB chip in their color changing ice cubes, cotton candy sticks and whatever else. Conversly if it was a part manufactured just for pinball instead of something that gets put into just about everything, they would cost a fortune.

Do you know any permanent electronic part in the market as opposed to "disposable"? What happens when updates can not be made or software loads can not be done because USB sticks are so outdated or they don't make the power supplies or mother boards for JJP machines anymore?

I get all the frustration with electrical components becoming outdated, I really do, but I am not going to fault JJP for making better games with updated parts and moving along with the technological advances. If it worries you all so badly that parts will not be able to be made in a few years then at $1,000 a pop I will start making them or some other company will. No need to "THE SKY IS FALLING" rant and rave over something that will most likely never happen. I am not picking on you merccat, your just the last post here, you actually have helped a lot of WOZ owners in past, all I am saying is, enjoy your WOZ.

P.S. When your WOZ fails to boot up one day, its more than likely your PCB cell battery died and needs replacing, begin rant on why JJP uses "disposable" batteries.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Exactly. This goes without saying that JJP still has lots of replacement boards and maintains the capacity to repair boards that are no longer working.
This whole notion that JJP is lying isn't worth anyone's concern... worry about if it happens. Why sit around saying the sky is falling when it's not. There is zero proof not to believe JJP.
I strongly urge any one reading this thread with concerns to call up Jack and talk to him. Don't sit on this forum drawing conclusions from someone claiming to have a crystal ball. It's not worth your time.

Quiet you! You are digging into my small fortune of repairing 1.xx light boards and selling upgrade kits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-75th-woz-worth-it-the-extra-money?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.