(Topic ID: 40788)

Is $2550 a fair price for Demolition Man?

By LordCrom

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

030.JPG
026.JPG
Demo_Man_Sold_001.JPG
Demo_Man_2_005.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_011.JPG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

here we go again, Demo Man. $2250??? are you nuts. I paid $1000 for it and sold it for $900 (some years ago- but not that long ago). I liked the idea of the flipper handle controllers... wow did that wear off quickly........ If you pay $2250 and then go to sell it off, you are going to have a TOUGH time. It will be your harshest reality check in pinball dealings. I dont care how pretty it is - its tough to trick a pinball fan and make a crappy game good. This and Shaq are the only 2 games that when someone posts comments/questions about that i just take that low road (but its reality highway)to note that those are 2 of the WORST GAMES EVER MADE.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

f you really think you have a chance in hell of finding MM for $7,013

#53 11 years ago

I just got mine last week $1650, east coast, excellent cab and playfield, no broken ramps, newly chromed handles.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Abso>> if you really think you have a chance in hell of finding "MB for $4,736 or MM for $7,013" unless they are beat up shells of their former self then there is really no piont in even discussing price of pins with you.

I know for a fact a MM sold just a couple months ago for $5k and it was in average route shape, not blown out. I helped pick it up and make the deal. I will post here when it is ready for sale. PF is in IL getting refurbed right now. I know that to make it a collector pin with pf, cabinet and all redone it will have over $10 in it buying it at 5.

I know of seveal pins that are waiting for good homes at prices you guys down there would freak over. That is why I keep telling you location is key. There are very few collectors here and nobody will pay those prices for stuff and the shipping here kills any deals. Sealclubber left last summer and now we only have a couple collectors that only have room for a few pins.

A few weeks ago there were a couple machines that I would have bought but the only three collectors here that are buying all went together and we did not fight over them. They made offers and were accecpted. I could have easily paid more and got them but that is not the way we work here. We respect the offers other make and do not pay more to take the machines. It keeps prices normal.

Another example was SC's TAF. He was asking a fair price that would have sold down there in days. It did not sell for months here. He took it there and it was an easy sell.

Quoted from Astropin:

+1 You can not use an 84 month average and expect it to be even remotely accurate.....in fact it's entirely useless for any SS machines.
It might have a tiny bit of value for EM's since they don't sell on a regular basis and the pricing is a little more stable....but even then it's just a low end ballpark.

You are correct, the list is not accurate at all. All the pins that have sold here in the past year have been below the 84 month average. Location, nobody here pays that much for pins. Did you guy know that the entire state that is 2.4 times larger than Texas has less than 800,000 people? Most of you guy live in areas larger than that. I drive over 600 miles just to reach Canada and pass no towns with more than 1,500 people after I leave the Palmer-Wasilla Area where I am at. I read many posts here, I understand pins are going up and how the list is out of date for many. Deals are around, believe that.

There is a nice Comet here right now the guy is asking $800. It will sit for a few months or sell lower. If anybody is interested I will help crate and ship it, just buy it and pay shipping. it is cheaper going south because the containers are empty so it should only be around $1,000 for shipping.

I originally said DM could go for that price in that area and many said the prices are not that high, see the ebay sales summary. Now the same people are telling me the list is not right and is too low for pins because the list is out of date. I still stand by my original post that average in that location is 1800-2000 and could be that high there. That is the original question. You guys can price the machine how you see fit. Happy Hunting.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Right. Every other pin on the planet has gone up in price (some of them significantly) over the last year or two, but not DM! DM is the one single exception to this rule, which is why you can still get them at $1600.00, which is what they sold for two years ago.

DM and RFM...in price limbo together, forever.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I know of seveal pins that are waiting for good homes at prices you guys down there would freak over. That is why I keep telling you location is key.

So, my next logical question is when can I come up and get some pins

Honestly, my wife and I are talking about a 2 month trip to AK after she is done with her PharmD (1.5 more years). Are you willing to scope out some goods deals for us so we can also go back to the lower48 with a few good deals? please

#57 11 years ago

You know the price cheer leading has gotten out of control when people have any reaction other than laughter to a $2500 DM.

#58 11 years ago

No way would I pay $2500 to have Stallone's rubber faced mug looking at me in my own rec room. Maybe half that much.
Your results may vary.

#59 11 years ago

a friend of mine picked up a DM for 1300. Needed an opto and a little board work but still a good deal, just hate the artwork on this pin, its so blah

#60 11 years ago

NO! Some nobs here in Australia would ask that I would pay 1500 here and 1000 in the states. Don't be one of the nobs that is driving up prices.

#61 11 years ago

DM is a 1500-1600 game unless it looks really great...I paid 1450 with cracked ramps and a cracked plastic. So if it has LEDs and solid plastics,PF, cab etc.. of course it would go for a little more say 1800-2000...look at black rose's example sold for 1850. So again qualifying price is like asking people the current temperature. Condition is everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 81.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-2550-a-fair-price-for-demolition-man/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.