(Topic ID: 5563)

Is $2500 a fair offer on an STTNG?

By Johnny

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Buddy of mine has really been trying to get this thing from me. He offered $2500 cash last night if I'd help him bring it home. His car can't handle it. I got it for much less. I traded a TSPP I didn't pay that much for.

Part of me is thinking I could score a couple more pins with the cash.

#3 12 years ago

My buddy got his for 3200CAN, prices are a little higher where I am though. It's a VERY VERY nice example, from a collector. Also has upgraded sound system, pinball pros I think..

Hope that helps.

#4 12 years ago

Guess it really depends on:

(a.) how nice yours is.
(b.) how good of a friend your buddy is: does he qualify for the Friends & Family pricing?

I find the pricing on this title a little tricky (although what pin isn't). It's trying to take off in value, but is having a bit of a hard time given its history.

In April, a very nice example had 19 bids and sold for $3,300 on Ebay (pics/video gone, item # 180650151915).

Most recently, this one with a beat PF sold for $2,400 (although I'm always a little suspicious of 1 bid auctions):

ebay.com link: Star Trek Next Generation Superpin Pinball williams

FWIW, I paid $2,350 for a near-CQ example back in the Fall.

#5 12 years ago

That's a good price . I sold a very nice one with every mod for $2600

#6 12 years ago

1. Condition of course always plays a part in pricing. Super nice = little above 3000, probably goes down from there. (Restored, HUO obviously higher)

2. As mentioned friend/family special price versus selling on open market. Since it is a friend, I really wouldn't worry about pricing it a little lower than what you could sell it for to a stranger.

You get the added advantage of going over to his house to play the pin. That's got to be worth something.

#7 12 years ago

Mine is a very nice example. Had a couple dings on the back that I was able to touch up. I'd give the cabinet, overall, an 8.5. Everything has been touched up and looks great. You have to know where the touch ups are to be able to spot them. The playfield is damn near flawless. I've put some work in to it. Also has CT LEDs

#8 12 years ago

That's a great price offer.

#9 12 years ago

Wow, check this out; already pending:

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=373380

Add in the backbox repair and that was a 4K ask!

"Beyond Belief"

#10 12 years ago

It's fair around where I live I don't see them listed for sale for less than $2,700-$3,200 not sure how Texas prices are though. Like you said you would be making money and sounds like you have interest in other pins and are losing interest in STTNG so selling might be the way to go here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 15.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-2500-a-fair-offer-on-an-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.