(Topic ID: 36880)

Is 15,000,000 for a replay too much on a LOTR?

By AbacusMan

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bflagg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
images.jpeg

#1 6 years ago

So I guess I made a guy upset that I raised the replay value from 9 million to 15 million. I added cave troll and was finding that people were getting a lot more points now that I added the cave troll option. "Guy" said he was upset that the replay was raised. I told him that I could lower it, but I would have to turn off Cave Troll. He didn't see why I had to turn off Cave troll, just lower the replay. As of now, cave troll is off with a replay of 12,000,000(fixed). Games are 50 cents a game. 5 games for $2. 10% chance for match

Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

With Cove Troll on, 15 mil is totally reasonable, assuming the game plays well (flippers are strong, switches working, etc.).

Just my opinion.

#3 6 years ago

It plays great.
I think his exact words were "15 million almost makes it worth not playing"

#4 6 years ago

Thoughts?

Im guessing this is a game on route, if its in nice working order and relatively clean and a nice shiny play field, kick him square in the gonads.

images.jpeg

#5 6 years ago

Seems low to me. I can get 15mil on LoTR in my sleep. If its fixed; I'd bump it to 40 or 50mil. Especially at .50 a play. I'd be there all day on that game for less than a buck....heh heh heh I said buck to abacusman

#6 6 years ago

I have mine set up at 15 mil- for home play it awards extra ball. Think your right on at 15 mil on route for replay.

#7 6 years ago

is there a new code update or something? my huo game is set to cave troll and the high score is around 300,000. Help?

#8 6 years ago

sorry just checked 310,338,400. what was i thinking?

#9 6 years ago

Bitching at 15 million? What a #%^ing baby.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from country-clubber:

is there a new code update or something? my huo game is set to cave troll and the high score is around 300,000. Help?

Haha, I was gonna say, my 5yr old girl racks up at least 10mill

#11 6 years ago

think 9 mil is awfully low esp with cave troll.....set it to 12 mil and if he isnt happy, tell him to piss off

#12 6 years ago

I think 15 is too low with Cave Troll on. 9? You would never make any money. He's just mad because now he will have to spend more than 50 cents.

#13 6 years ago

I think "Guy" needs to step up his game and stop crying. The LotR I play on is set at 36,500,000 right now with Cave Troll off.

#14 6 years ago

12 or 15 million seems way too damn low. I set mine to 50 million (and award a extra ball), because it's still possible for me to have a long drawn out game and score under that, and at that point, I just want to finish it and try again. I hate having to extend a bad game. On a route I'd set it to at least 30 million.

#15 6 years ago

Too high? As others have said, quite the opposite!

#16 6 years ago

15M might be okay, if replay type was set to Auto. Way too low for Fixed. I would put it back on Auto. If the customer complains, explain to him that you set it back to default settings and give him a few free credits. (then thank him for playing your games d:^)

Check your earnings audits closely. Especially free game percentage and average ball times. If the replay percentage is high (over 20%) and average ball times are more than 1.5 minutes, they're getting their money's worth. LOTR typically has long ball times and earns well. 75 cents a game, 3/$2 is reasonable for clean and working LOTR IMO. No matter where you are. Average games of 5 or 6 minutes is probably about right for LOTR. Any more than that and the wear on the game isn't worth 50 cents a game.

#17 6 years ago

Ive never seen it while Ive been playing on location with less than 15 mil, obviously this guy needs to work on his flipper skills.

#18 6 years ago

These days a customer is lucky if there a replay and match function at all

#19 6 years ago

He is just trying to pick your pocket. Leave the Cave Troll on and set it to at least 30 mil.

#20 6 years ago

Cave troll max bonus is 2.5MIL for killing it before the Fellowship Multi-ball starts so it should not make that much of a difference in the final score for an average player. I would leave it on since it adds more movie content / excitement to game playing experience. Just my 2 cents

#21 6 years ago

15,000,000 is not too much unless that is what you are paying for one.

3 weeks later
#22 6 years ago

Think 25 mill is a good goal for a average pinballer..it might be a case of a guy thinking he should get a free game for every game he plays...for the games best interests make that guy push himself to strive for better....

#23 6 years ago

My average score on LOTR is about 50 million.

#24 6 years ago

Tell that guy to learn how to play!

#25 6 years ago

so make it 12million and then have it jump up - give the guy one free game, next replay 35million - needs to step up his game.

#26 6 years ago

What is cave troll?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

So I guess I made a guy upset that I raised the replay value from 9 million to 15 million. I added cave troll and was finding that people were getting a lot more points now that I added the cave troll option. "Guy" said he was upset that the replay was raised. I told him that I could lower it, but I would have to turn off Cave Troll. He didn't see why I had to turn off Cave troll, just lower the replay. As of now, cave troll is off with a replay of 12,000,000(fixed). Games are 50 cents a game. 5 games for $2. 10% chance for match
Thoughts?

Quote Johan Jameson "Play Better" image.jpg

#28 6 years ago

Cave troll is in settings - shots to make before fellowship starts... a lot of machines have it turned off

#29 6 years ago

I would leave cave troll and bump the replay up to 20,000,000. If the guy like the game, he'll keep playing it anyway. I have never not played a pin if the replay score was too high, in fact I never pay attention to it. - Barry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside