7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 months ago

Hey I ordered a part from a fellow pinsider and it's been 13 days and no part, (US shipping) and slow communication. What's the pinside etiquette or rule as far as waiting for a part before you call the person out?

#4 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Contact the seller

I have several times no response.

#5 7 months ago

Part shipping from where to where?

New Jersey to Iowa

#8 7 months ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

he does not do pinball full time

He claims to be a pinball business

#9 7 months ago

Paypal friends and family

#15 7 months ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Well call your friend and ask.

Looked at his profile, he does list a phone number, he'll be getting a call

#16 7 months ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Is his name Brock?

Don't know

#18 7 months ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

That really sux....... Not much you can do about it at all.

Well yeah, you do that thinking on saving him on fees and then there is nothing you can do about it.

#19 7 months ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't understand why people continually try to use this to avoid PayPal fees when doing buying transactions.

Trying to be friendly I guess. Lesson learned

#22 7 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yikes! Sorry to hear. I hope you get your item or can get a refund somehow. Good luck.

Thanks for that. I'll try calling him and see what's up. Guess I did not realize he had him number listed. Just thought you had to communicated on pinsides email system only. Shame on me, I guess

#25 7 months ago

How much is the item?

$30.00 Not going to break the bank but still. Just called and left a message, we'll see how long it take for a response.

#28 7 months ago

That is not who he is claiming to be. Don't know anything about that place. I also do not want to list his name just yet. I'll wait and see if I get a call or message back. Trying to be patient and give the benefit of the doubt, not sure how much longer that will last though.

#31 7 months ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

at least have the courtesy of letting us know who the seller was

I will...I want to give him a chance to call me back, then I feel I have covered all my bases and giving him a chance to explain himself.

#45 7 months ago

Ok I heard back...here is his excuse from pinside email. Won't return my call and then when I tries to call him again his mailbox is full. So I can't even leave him a message.

Sorry, get crazy here. If you Google Middlesex schools CO2 you'll see a bunch of stuff news trucks, townhall meeting, sorry, it will go out today got sidetracked.

So I figure what the hell. Now everyone will know.

Pinside name: paintpins

Preservation pinball Middlesex, NJ

#49 7 months ago

Maybe he sits around and watching CNN all day can't get his butt off the couch.

I'm not sure why buyers have to remind sellers how to do their job I don't get that but now I'm starting to understand why eBay sides with Buyers more than sellers.

Maybe that news story could be added to Odin's hard to believe new stories

#51 7 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

that thread now resides in the pinside basement.

Yeah I thought it was a funny topic. But I guess you never know.

#56 7 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Make a sincere attempt to contact pinsider before starting a thread?

emailed three times called once

#88 7 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

In his Mighty 1 year in pinball he has called out and been black listed by Marco, Classic Arcade, EBay sellers, Pinside game sellers, and Several others.

Yelobird...just another ***** on this site. Has nothing better to do that look through old posts and bash every "less than one year member". that asks a question. The only place that that does not want my money is "***" He bans people on his own 100% return policy, go figure. Everyone else takes my money and send item to me with in 3-5 day. Not that fucking hard to do.

You stupid asses who claim to be these "one man operations with all the really hard parts to find" are a joke. Please explain to me how it is the buyers fault for sending money to you and then having to wait only to have to repeatedly send emails to you to send out the product...give me a break.

Since I have posted this, I have received several PM from other pinsiders who have been screwed by this guy. So everytime you come on this site and ask a question about, apparently anything, especially about deadbeat smalltime parts peddlers that have screwed you, and have less than one year here, your a bad guy. Wow!

#89 7 months ago

Here are the 3 posts that yelobird seems to have a problem with. You be the judge. Not really a long history as he calls it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fully-restoredreally

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-undocumented/page/2#post-4634817

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-parts-20-restocking-fee-on-returns-come-on#post-4630252

If these 3 posted make me a bad guy then so be it.

#93 7 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Don’t forget this little gem. Might want to remind people the types of comments you make.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-even-bother

Yup I guess I forgot that one. I'm even worse than I thought. It's just unfortunate that yelobird has made me that target of his BS.

I have never commented or read any of his posts yet he seems to get pleasure in trolling for younger members to get pissy with. Maybe that's what happens after being on this site for 14+ years as his profile indicates. What a shame.

#95 7 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Add me to your list. I don’t want to do business with anyone that treats a customer like that. By “that” I mean not shipping right away and not replying to inquiries. This post, that I quoted makes me think that your just a dick that doesn’t deserve my money.
    You’re never to important to be nice to people.

You better be careful..... or you will be blacklisted like me for wanting good customer service. I might have to start another post like:

"Is good customer service too much to ask for?"

#100 7 months ago
    Quoted from frolic:

If I don't have something at my house the next day it seems like an eternity.

I tend to agree with that. But it's not that hard to put something in a box and mail it in 2, 3 maybe 4 days but 13?? And he still hasn't done anything.

Give me a break

In all fairness..he did refund my money, so I thanked him for that. Didn't really need the "***" comment added to the refund, but so be it.

#101 7 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to see maybe it’s the BUYER that’s the problem

How is it that the buyer is the problem???

Let see you have an item I want to buy, so I pay you what you want for it, then I sit and wait for you to get off your ass and ship it to me, if you ever do.

Where is the problem again?? It seems that when this subject gets mentioned, the small time sellers are the one that cry fowl and blame the buyers. Good luck with that.

#105 7 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To close, This hobby, this place Pinside, to me, is more about the Good People

I certainly appreciate your kind words of wisdom. I maybe should have been more patient with the seller. And times have changed in the way business is done that's for sure, and maybe not for the best.

#107 7 months ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your cognitive bias is showing. It was 53 posts in before anyone said anything even remotely non-supportive. Most of us up to that point were generally supportive.

You are right. I appreciate the support. I guess I focus too much on the negative. I'll have to work on that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 279.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside