Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#97 5 years ago

I was hanging recently with a couple of Pinheads in the "Business", "Leaving this Business", and "retired"
    from this business.
    We all agreed on one thing.

Consumers have changed, and much of that is related to "Amazon Syndrome"
    Having Goods Fast, is todays world. It isnt always as easy, as those that use phrases like
    "My Money", have criteria they expect.

It doesnt make the Op here, or anyone else Bad or wrong, its more that there are some of us
    old or tired, and sometimes ill, from what the Hobby/Job offers.

For me, its harder to get 1 package out at this time, then 100, when I had a Full time Staff and machine running.

Consumers wouldnt know whats happening behind the scenes in the pinball business, but those that jump in and start selling, respectfully, all have a mountain of stories.

Its part of the world today, where "Money" is the first, and most important thing in life, and politics.....

Some may not see these changes, but I find myself missing the days of Patience anywhere I go....

Maybe its just me, and some the guys as we are "Old"......

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Evolution is inevitable, your ability to adapt and survive is not.

Oh, I agree completely. I only wish to share that in the past, it was easier to tool up and compete.

Competing today in a world where much of the day to day goods is monopolized, along with
    back end infrastructure makes the difference a mountain.
    I could share the year long battle I had as an Amazon Vendor, in spite my family sitting with Bezos
    at his dinner table.
    We reveled in the past as a Stereo went from $1000 to $100, when we shifted to Chinese production,
    only to now feel that this was not a "good" move. Or a Hammer taking 3 months in the mail to arrive
    from Sears.

To the Op, yes, I too find the reply on the emotional, over the top side, but I can empathize with the way some of the posts were made that the seller would take offense.

To close, This hobby, this place Pinside, to me, is more about the Good People, than it is about the Money.
    I realize this is just my Opinion, and hope both parties can find their way back to this.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I certainly appreciate your kind words of wisdom. I maybe should have been more patient with the seller. And times have changed in the way business is done that's for sure.
    I guess what bothers me is, when a new member comes here and asks a simple question, someone comes along and dog piles on you for it for no reason. I did not start this post with insulting anyone, or name calling. I just simply asked a question and then the bashing starts. What up with that.
    Can't someone ask a question on this site anymore. Apparently not.

Once others pile into a thread in any direction, an emotional situation gets charged and elevated.
    Both you and the seller, will feel "right" and justified in their position. Both feeling they have done the right thing. A few choice words today polarizes everything.

My point is more than this issue.

My point is the more I chat with my generation in this Hobby as a "business", the more I hear
    about those wanting to leave.
    Sure, others may take their place, buy their business, but some are not replaceable.

I fear a shrinkage of all things Pinball, if we lose too much of that.

After all, most of the business in this hobby, started with owners as a "Hobby", and dont want
    to scale up after getting their feet wet.

Look at all the great Mods that have come and gone, because of the difficulty to be all things
    "Amazon" to customers needs.

Under those circumstances, do we blame the seller for NOT wanting the work or Money?
    Do we Blame us, the consumers, for wanting it faster, better, and to our needs?

Its a relationship, a "dance" if you will, between the two, which takes us to the thread of customer
    service.

This gets sacrificed for Profit, as Human Time costs the most.

We get pissed if our simple customer service connects to someone that barely speaks English, but the company cant charge enough to house a US Call center with Trained people.

Or emails as to why the Postal service hasnt updated a scan, or the paint on a MOD doesnt match
    an Owners unique game.

We have to do this Together as a Hobby....A microcosm of what we hope for everyday outside of Pinball.

One negative headache is equal to a hundred praises, and people "deal with it" for the Money, but hate
    it, because its a Hobby they love too.

Ill go away now.....Peace!

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

If all sellers conducted themselves like you, Art, we would never have threads like this. You are a man of integrity that prides himself on customer service. Unfortunately, not all sellers have this same attitude towards their customers.

Thank you for the kind words....I tried.

My point I guess is that there are bad sellers, and bad customers.
    But harder to share that.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-13-days-too-long?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.