Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#72 5 years ago

I used to operate Homepin as a very small "hobby business" from the small workshop under my house in Australia. I would do my best to pack and get boards to the post office promptly. Usually three times a week.

If a customer ordered on a Friday, by the time I packed the goods and got to the post office it could be the following Tues/Wed. Then add at least 4 transit days (depending on where the customer lived) as my home is outside the metropolitan area and is classed by the post office as a 'remote area'. This means deliveries would take AT LEAST three days to even the closest capital city but 4 days was more the norm.

Throw in two weekends and all of a sudden you have ten days as pretty much the SHORTEST time for normal delivery. Very often this would blow out to 14 days easily. That's two weeks pretty well as a NORMAL delivery time unless the customer paid for express delivery which would usually take 3 WORKING days (post office is closed Sat/Sun in Australia). These times are all for delivery WITHIN Australia.

I think the bigger picture problem here is that people these days have expectations that exceed reality mostly due to the digital age where they can log on, order and pay for parts all in minutes - then sit back and bitch about why the part hasn't been delivered ten minutes later.

Some need to take a chill pill and appreciate what many many small hobby businesses do to help fellow hobbyists (such as the one this thread is about) and realise that 14 days from the time of order is simply NOT a long time. If you want stuff faster best to pay for express delivery IMO and not rely on all the stars to align so you get things in a week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-13-days-too-long?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.