Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#40 5 years ago

I had a mail order business (side business) for 13 years selling collectible card games like Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, etc. I used a scale and I printed labels out on my printer. I met 100s of customers at show that thought that I was running a full time business because of the volume that I sold. I emailed the customer after receiving payment (same day) with the tracking number, the same day and explained that the tracking number from the post office doesn't activate for 24 hours. I mailed thousands of packages and yes occasionally something didn't get shipped out. When a customer followed up with me I'd apologize, ship the package the fastest method possible (at my expense) and refund part of their purchase price or throw in $5-10 in free promotional cards.

We're all human so we're bound to make mistakes. The best way for the seller to handle it is to apologize and offer the buyer two options; full refund or ship next day Express Mail at no additional charge to the buyer. If the seller hasn't responded within 24 hours to your call you tell us who he is so we can avoid doing business with him.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Some people working "normal hours" at a real job can only ship on Saturday so that could be the issue. But these day especially someone who claims to be "in the business" should have a scale and USPS picks up so there is no excuse not to ship with in a couple days.

No need for USPS pick up. When you get home from your 8-5 day job, pay the postage online, print your label and drop off at the post office the next day or drop it off in your mail room (prepaid) at work the next day. No need to go to the post office and stand in line unless you are shipping overseas. The post office needs to review the customs documents in person for these transactions.

#54 5 years ago

When I first read this I thought it was someone in the northeast pranking delt31 by saying “Is 13 days too long....for delt31 to keep a pin in his house”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-13-days-too-long?tu=bluespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.