Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

that thread now resides in the pinside basement.

Yeah I thought it was a funny topic. But I guess you never know.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It took almost two weeks for a Dirty Harry manual to arrive which was sent out right away.
    For some reason it ended up in San Francisco for a while.

Was a hotdog included in shipment?

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Hey I ordered a part from a fellow pinsider and it's been 13 days and no part, (US shipping) and slow communication. What's the pinside etiquette or rule as far as waiting for a part before you call the person out?

Make a sincere attempt to contact pinsider before starting a thread?

#54 5 years ago

When I first read this I thought it was someone in the northeast pranking delt31 by saying “Is 13 days too long....for delt31 to keep a pin in his house”

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Was a hotdog included in shipment?

Is San Francisco a great place for some hot dogs?

I was wondering if anybody would pick up on that one. lol

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Make a sincere attempt to contact pinsider before starting a thread?

emailed three times called once

#57 5 years ago

I see no reason someone can't ask a question about "reasonable delivery time".

As far as the guys reason for not mailing it is he might work in some kind of emergency service type job that caused him to be super busy. Kind of like working for a tree service or the electric company after a bad storm. But he should have at least sent you a quick email!

#58 5 years ago

And awaaaaay we go! First off I just refunded your 30.00 D-bag. Secondly if you look into the CO2 issue it's at the local middle school and the result is a bunch of sick kids so I've been attending Board of Ed and resident meetings as well as helping friends. I haven't had time to read through the whole thread but I took screenshots of everything. As for those I've done business with in the past that had good things to say, thank you. To anyone that had a smarmy uninformed comment I'm making a list and if you should ever come or be sent my way by someone for a part you will be promptly told to pack sand. I have sent hard to find pieces all over the world and will continue to do so because I have a ton of it. I'm a one man band providing g a level of personal service larger outfits can't and yes every now and then life gets in the way but things are always made right. I DID NOT get your box in the mail today and good thing because I actually felt badly and packed it full of extra shit, something else I'm prone to do. I had no idea this thread was even happening. Some of you need a hobby no?

#59 5 years ago

Oh and Odin I shipped you a bunch of super clean hard to find Williams parts a while back, any problems?

#60 5 years ago

Oh and sorry for the bad spelling I was fuggin' vibrating! And Timab2000 I sincerely hope you take the advice I sent along in the PayPal notes with your refund.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Oh and Odin I shipped you a bunch of super clean hard to find Williams parts a while back, any problems?

No problems whatsoever! Thanks! Came in handy.

Actually I'm trying to help a guy find a 1961 and prior Williams score reel for a Serenade. It has the smaller numbers than 1962-65. Let me know if you've got that. Friken needle in a haystack.

#62 5 years ago

Metal correct? I'll check in a few.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Metal correct? I'll check in a few.

Yes. I have several with the big numbers and a bunch of the newer style, but I never noticed the older ones had smaller numbers. Look the same as older bat games too. Thanks!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

And awaaaaay we go! First off I just refunded your 30.00 D-bag. Secondly if you look into the CO2 issue it's at the local middle school and the result is a bunch of sick kids so I've been attending Board of Ed and resident meetings as well as helping friends. I haven't had time to read through the whole thread but I took screenshots of everything. As for those I've done business with in the past that had good things to say, thank you. To anyone that had a smarmy uninformed comment I'm making a list and if you should ever come or be sent my way by someone for a part you will be promptly told to pack sand. I have sent hard to find pieces all over the world and will continue to do so because I have a ton of it. I'm a one man band providing g a level of personal service larger outfits can't and yes every now and then life gets in the way but things are always made right. I DID NOT get your box in the mail today and good thing because I actually felt badly and packed it full of extra shit, something else I'm prone to do. I had no idea this thread was even happening. Some of you need a hobby no?

LOL Still lame. Oh noooo did I just make your list and screw myself the opportunity of ever ordering the most rare parts in pinball?

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I just got a parcel from China, shipped through DHL. It came in 4 days.
    13 days seems like a long time.

DHL is amazing, but expensive. I am on the East coast, and sometimes with DHL I can get something from China in less time then it takes me to get something from the West coast. Plus some of those items from China get green tape because it has been inspected at customs.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't understand why people continually try to use this to avoid PayPal fees when doing buying transactions.

It goes both ways, though. When I sell a part to someone I don't know, particularly if it's a hard to find part, I'll usually ask them to pay me via "friends and family" and fund it with a bank account or PayPal balance. It has nothing to do with avoiding the PayPal fees. It's the only way to protect yourself from getting fu**ed over. There are a lot of scammers out there who will file a dispute even though they received the item.

Then again, I'm not a business. I'm just a hobbyist who occasionally sells things to other hobbyists. No reputable business should insist on "friends and family".

#68 5 years ago

I liked this thread better when the theory was a long time Pinsider with an extensive history of shipping rare parts around the world was laying in wait to fuck some newbie out of $30.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

I liked this thread better when the theory was a long time Pinsider with an extensive history of shipping rare parts around the world was laying in wait to fuck some newbie out of $30.

And I thought this thread was just to take the edge off some of those Beatles threads.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes. I have several with the big numbers and a bunch of the newer style, but I never noticed the older ones had smaller numbers. Look the same as older bat games too. Thanks!

Can't tell if the one attached to the mech is Gottlieb.

IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpgIMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg
    #71 5 years ago

And just for the record I don't insist on friends and family. In most cases people just send it friends and family because 80% of the people I deal with are not first time buyers.

#72 5 years ago

I used to operate Homepin as a very small "hobby business" from the small workshop under my house in Australia. I would do my best to pack and get boards to the post office promptly. Usually three times a week.

If a customer ordered on a Friday, by the time I packed the goods and got to the post office it could be the following Tues/Wed. Then add at least 4 transit days (depending on where the customer lived) as my home is outside the metropolitan area and is classed by the post office as a 'remote area'. This means deliveries would take AT LEAST three days to even the closest capital city but 4 days was more the norm.

Throw in two weekends and all of a sudden you have ten days as pretty much the SHORTEST time for normal delivery. Very often this would blow out to 14 days easily. That's two weeks pretty well as a NORMAL delivery time unless the customer paid for express delivery which would usually take 3 WORKING days (post office is closed Sat/Sun in Australia). These times are all for delivery WITHIN Australia.

I think the bigger picture problem here is that people these days have expectations that exceed reality mostly due to the digital age where they can log on, order and pay for parts all in minutes - then sit back and bitch about why the part hasn't been delivered ten minutes later.

Some need to take a chill pill and appreciate what many many small hobby businesses do to help fellow hobbyists (such as the one this thread is about) and realise that 14 days from the time of order is simply NOT a long time. If you want stuff faster best to pay for express delivery IMO and not rely on all the stars to align so you get things in a week.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Can't tell if the one attached to the mech is Gottlieb.

Ha! I already made a Gottlieb work with a little modification. LOL. I tried, but although the numbers are the same size, the boldness of the numbers is different. It's gotta be Williams. You can tell the difference as Gottlieb has a different, wider, mounting hub pattern.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ha! I already made a Gottlieb work with a little modification. LOL. I tried, but although the numbers are the same size, the boldness of the numbers is different. It's gotta be Williams.

I'll keep looking.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

I agree life can get in the way at times but OP didn't call you out or do anything wrong. He just asked if 13 days and no parts was normal. Replies like you made above just make you look like a person I wouldn't want to deal with. In today's world how hard is it to let someone know you just don't have time for shipping a part that was paid for?

I have thousands of satisfied customers all over the world also and have been selling good used parts online for several years now. I agree also being a "one man band" myself -- life can get in the way at times BUT that is no reason to get nasty with someone who paid for something and didn't get it in a timely manner. The "stand up thing to do" would have been reply to this post - explain why you didn't get his item shipped, ship it ASAP and send him a refund saying "sorry I dropped the ball on this one". I have done that more than once. Getting nasty doesn't solve anything!

#76 5 years ago

Hate to point it out again but Seriously look at the OP’s post history before judging the seller. In his Mighty 1 year in pinball he has called out and been black listed by Marco, Classic Arcade, EBay sellers, Pinside game sellers, and Several others. This is his Goto move. I’m not happy I’m telling Everyone till I get my way now! Try reading some of his other threads and my Guess is everyone will see the pattern. With his history at some point you Have to see maybe it’s the BUYER that’s the problem. As I said in his Other complaint thread, I am Glad I don’t do business with you!

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

I'll keep looking.

I added to that post, The Gtb mount to the hub is a wider pattern than the Wms. Thanks!

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

This and a message of "fuck off" ? Very classy, add me to your "pack sand" list, douchbag.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hate to point it out again but Seriously look at the OP’s post history before judging the seller. In his Mighty 1 year in pinball he has called out and been black listed by Marco, Classic Arcade, EBay sellers, Pinside game sellers, and Several others. This is his Goto move. I’m not happy I’m telling Everyone till I get my way now! Try reading some of his other threads and my Guess is everyone will see the pattern. With his history at some point you Have to see maybe it’s the SELLER that’s the problem. As I said in his Other complaint thread, I am Glad I don’t do business with you!

Yeah, he's a little off his rails too but 2 weeks and nothing sent is WAY too long and he only asked a question. Might want to edit your post too, since you blamed the SELLER yourself.

#80 5 years ago

please add me to the pre-declined list as well. Thank you.
    I do hope the Co2 issue is resolved promptly.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Yeah, he's a little off his rails too but 2 weeks and nothing sent is WAY too long and he only asked a question. Might want to edit your post too, since you blamed the SELLER yourself.

Fixed and thanks. Certainly not the seller with this buyer! Yes almost 2 weeks is bit of time but he’s dealing in custom hard to find parts not stickers. Either way my money says this buyer will never be pleased with Any sale or transaction.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Fixed and thanks. Certainly not the seller with this buyer! Yes almost 2 weeks is bit of time but he’s dealing in custom hard to find parts not stickers. Either way my money says this buyer will never be pleased with Any sale or transaction.

Quoted from Spencer:

I don't get blaming the OP for asking a question when he sent money and then waited almost 2 weeks and didn't have anything to show for it. Maybe the guy is fairly new - maybe his expectations are too high, or what ever BUT come on guys 2 weeks and no replies to emails or package.

The "rare parts" excuse is because "rare parts" take longer to ship? Maybe the seller is a great guy but after his reply to this post I have my doubts!

#83 5 years ago

What I've learned in this hobby is you can wait for those that promise to make reproduction parts, or you can make friends with and be patient with those that can actually provide parts. That's all.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I've learned in this hobby is you can wait for those that promise to make reproduction parts, or you can make friends with and be patient with those that can actually provide parts. That's all.

I know I have customers that have waited over 1/2 a year for me to try and locate something for them (and some of them are still waiting). But once someone pays me I ship with in 24 hours or let them know why shipping will be delayed a day or two.

I also don't price parts insanely high just because they are "rare". I try to keep parts as cheap as possible and try to help as many people as possible get parts they need for their vintage machines. Not a great model for making money but I do the parts thing as part of the hobby and enjoy helping people source what they need.

#85 5 years ago

after reading this thread it does appear that 13 days “is” to long.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

And Timab2000 I sincerely hope you take the advice I sent along in the PayPal notes with your refund.

LOL. I like this guy.

#87 5 years ago

I’m not going to pick either side but offer an observation from being in and around the hobby/business. Pinheads come in all flavors, all walks, and all temperaments. If I am looking for a rare part, I have waited longer. I have had same day service before and that was just an operator giving me a flipper return spring and not just one but he GAVE me two! I don’t know his name but he owned the Krazy Kats arcade back in Dayton Ohio in the ‘90’s. I had just bought my first pin 27 years ago, got it home, and broke the spring on my second ball. Thank goodness I had spent all those quarters in his arcade! Some people are nice, some people are rough, some people can’t wait, some can wait for months. The OP is new, has a history, maybe not used to dealing with some of us old folks maybe. The seller, he had personal issues and more important things got in his way, that’s life. I’ve dealt with pinheads and they have dealt with me. I tend to try and not burn the bridges that may someday lead me to the pinhead who has the last NOS Babyface bg still wrapped in brown wax paper sitting in shed #4, but he has to move 37 wedge heads out of the way to get to it. I can wait.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

In his Mighty 1 year in pinball he has called out and been black listed by Marco, Classic Arcade, EBay sellers, Pinside game sellers, and Several others.

Yelobird...just another ***** on this site. Has nothing better to do that look through old posts and bash every "less than one year member". that asks a question. The only place that that does not want my money is "***" He bans people on his own 100% return policy, go figure. Everyone else takes my money and send item to me with in 3-5 day. Not that fucking hard to do.

You stupid asses who claim to be these "one man operations with all the really hard parts to find" are a joke. Please explain to me how it is the buyers fault for sending money to you and then having to wait only to have to repeatedly send emails to you to send out the product...give me a break.

Since I have posted this, I have received several PM from other pinsiders who have been screwed by this guy. So everytime you come on this site and ask a question about, apparently anything, especially about deadbeat smalltime parts peddlers that have screwed you, and have less than one year here, your a bad guy. Wow!

#89 5 years ago

Here are the 3 posts that yelobird seems to have a problem with. You be the judge. Not really a long history as he calls it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fully-restoredreally

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-undocumented/page/2#post-4634817

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-parts-20-restocking-fee-on-returns-come-on#post-4630252

If these 3 posted make me a bad guy then so be it.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Here are the 3 posts that yelobird seems to have a problem with. You be the judge. Not really a long history as he calls it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fully-restoredreally
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-undocumented/page/2#post-4634817
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-parts-20-restocking-fee-on-returns-come-on#post-4630252
    If these 3 posted make me a bad guy then so be it.

Don’t forget this little gem. Might want to remind people the types of comments you make.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-even-bother

#92 5 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that everybody in this thread is a dickhead including myself.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Don’t forget this little gem. Might want to remind people the types of comments you make.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-even-bother

Yup I guess I forgot that one. I'm even worse than I thought. It's just unfortunate that yelobird has made me that target of his BS.

I have never commented or read any of his posts yet he seems to get pleasure in trolling for younger members to get pissy with. Maybe that's what happens after being on this site for 14+ years as his profile indicates. What a shame.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Add me to your list. I don’t want to do business with anyone that treats a customer like that. By “that” I mean not shipping right away and not replying to inquiries. This post, that I quoted makes me think that your just a dick that doesn’t deserve my money.

You’re never to important to be nice to people.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Add me to your list. I don’t want to do business with anyone that treats a customer like that. By “that” I mean not shipping right away and not replying to inquiries. This post, that I quoted makes me think that your just a dick that doesn’t deserve my money.
    You’re never to important to be nice to people.

You better be careful..... or you will be blacklisted like me for wanting good customer service. I might have to start another post like:

"Is good customer service too much to ask for?"

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Yup I guess I forgot that one. I'm even worse than I thought. It's just unfortunate that yelobird has made me that target of his BS.
    I have never commented or read any of his posts yet he seems to get pleasure in trolling for younger members to get pissy with. Maybe that's what happens after being on this site for 14+ years as his profile indicates. What a shame.

Don’t just blame yelobird. There are quite a bunch of old surly personalities here. I don’t know if it’s the money or the age or the “A” type personalities, but some people are just arrogant and think others are below them.

There’s more then one person on here that I’ve decided not to support in the past.

#97 5 years ago

I was hanging recently with a couple of Pinheads in the "Business", "Leaving this Business", and "retired"
    from this business.
    We all agreed on one thing.

Consumers have changed, and much of that is related to "Amazon Syndrome"
    Having Goods Fast, is todays world. It isnt always as easy, as those that use phrases like
    "My Money", have criteria they expect.

It doesnt make the Op here, or anyone else Bad or wrong, its more that there are some of us
    old or tired, and sometimes ill, from what the Hobby/Job offers.

For me, its harder to get 1 package out at this time, then 100, when I had a Full time Staff and machine running.

Consumers wouldnt know whats happening behind the scenes in the pinball business, but those that jump in and start selling, respectfully, all have a mountain of stories.

Its part of the world today, where "Money" is the first, and most important thing in life, and politics.....

Some may not see these changes, but I find myself missing the days of Patience anywhere I go....

Maybe its just me, and some the guys as we are "Old"......

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Consumers have changed, and much of that is related to "Amazon Syndrome"

Amazon has spoiled me. If I don't have something at my house the next day it seems like an eternity. Hats off to them, their systems have changed the game and expectations. I always start with Amazon for that reason when I'm looking to buy something.

How the little guy can compete with the expectations set by a company that does 50% OF ALL INTERNET ECOMMERCE I have no idea.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Consumers have changed,

Evolution is inevitable, your ability to adapt and survive is not.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

If I don't have something at my house the next day it seems like an eternity.

I tend to agree with that. But it's not that hard to put something in a box and mail it in 2, 3 maybe 4 days but 13?? And he still hasn't done anything.

Give me a break

In all fairness..he did refund my money, so I thanked him for that. Didn't really need the "***" comment added to the refund, but so be it.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-13-days-too-long/page/2?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.