Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C3C88DB-AB5B-4243-85E8-031983BF24B8 (resized).jpeg
    EAF7AE54-FB69-4EF8-A756-407E6FD0B903.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20181025_213036 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

Hey I ordered a part from a fellow pinsider and it's been 13 days and no part, (US shipping) and slow communication. What's the pinside etiquette or rule as far as waiting for a part before you call the person out?

#2 5 years ago

Contact the seller. Bound to be a reason for slow service. Part shipping from where to where?

#3 5 years ago

Did you get a ship date or tracking # ??

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Contact the seller

I have several times no response.

#5 5 years ago

Part shipping from where to where?

New Jersey to Iowa

#6 5 years ago

That kinda sux........ Im sure he does not do pinball full time so I would give a little grace ( no more than 30 days because of starting a pp dispute if needed ).

Reach out again and tell him your concerns.

#7 5 years ago

How did you pay?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

he does not do pinball full time

He claims to be a pinball business

#9 5 years ago

Paypal friends and family

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

That really sux....... Not much you can do about it at all.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Do you have the name of his business? There's only one based in NJ that I'm aware of, and it's got a terrible reputation for not delivering goods, especially to our friends overseas.

#12 5 years ago

That’s way too long IMO. Ground would be three business days IMO.

If they shipped 5 days after payment you should’ve had it by now.

I personally would be , but Prime 2 day can take an additional day and I’m already upset, lol.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Well call your friend and ask.

#14 5 years ago

Is his name Brock?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Well call your friend and ask.

Looked at his profile, he does list a phone number, he'll be getting a call

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Is his name Brock?

Don't know

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I don't understand why people continually try to use this to avoid PayPal fees when doing buying transactions.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

That really sux....... Not much you can do about it at all.

Well yeah, you do that thinking on saving him on fees and then there is nothing you can do about it.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't understand why people continually try to use this to avoid PayPal fees when doing buying transactions.

Trying to be friendly I guess. Lesson learned

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Yikes! Sorry to hear. I hope you get your item or can get a refund somehow. Good luck.

#21 5 years ago

I just got a parcel from China, shipped through DHL. It came in 4 days.

13 days seems like a long time.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yikes! Sorry to hear. I hope you get your item or can get a refund somehow. Good luck.

Thanks for that. I'll try calling him and see what's up. Guess I did not realize he had him number listed. Just thought you had to communicated on pinsides email system only. Shame on me, I guess

#23 5 years ago

How much is the item?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Trying to be friendly I guess. Lesson learned

Don't be too hard on yourself, because this may still end up OK.

If a business can't absorb the few dollars of paypal fees, something else is afoot.

#25 5 years ago

How much is the item?

$30.00 Not going to break the bank but still. Just called and left a message, we'll see how long it take for a response.

#26 5 years ago

I thought you can still fight even if it was friends/ family. Seems lime I read it somewhere on pinside...?

#28 5 years ago

That is not who he is claiming to be. Don't know anything about that place. I also do not want to list his name just yet. I'll wait and see if I get a call or message back. Trying to be patient and give the benefit of the doubt, not sure how much longer that will last though.

#29 5 years ago

Since you decided to create a thread then at least have the courtesy of letting us know who the seller was to possibly avoid them in the future.

#30 5 years ago

I hope a phone call gets it in the mail.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

at least have the courtesy of letting us know who the seller was

I will...I want to give him a chance to call me back, then I feel I have covered all my bases and giving him a chance to explain himself.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Quoted from timab2000:

If a business is willing to screw someone to save a few dollars that's an indicator that they are willing to screw YOU if it suits them. What exempts you from their lack of ethics?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Since you decided to create a thread then at least have the courtesy of letting us know who the seller was to possibly avoid them in the future.

I’m sure he will if he doesn’t receive the item ......but hopefully this thread will force the hand of the seller to ship the goods that were paid for.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I’m sure he will if he doesn’t receive the item ......but hopefully this thread will force the hand of the seller to ship the goods that were paid for.

He should do it regardless even if he ends up getting the item. I don't want to buy from someone that I have to create a thread for in order just to get my item.

#35 5 years ago

It took almost two weeks for a Dirty Harry manual to arrive which was sent out right away.

For some reason it ended up in San Francisco for a while.

#36 5 years ago

If someone asks me to send friends and family I just figure the fee and send it "regular" and add the fee into the back side. That way they still receive their full amount and I still have the PayPal protection. For a $30 purchase what is it like $1.20 or something?

I know PayPal is so large they could care less about me but if I pay their small fee I don't feel like I cheated a business out of their money.

#37 5 years ago

2 weeks and then it's time to call/email, touch base somehow and see what the holdup/situation is. It wouldn't be the first time I was forgotten about.
    -Mike

#38 5 years ago

Typically when I sell someone parts I send them a tracking number as soon as I print the shipping label. That way they know if there is a delay it is not because of me. I am pretty anal about customer service so I pretty much away ship within 24 hours of getting payment and if I have payment before noon I'll typically ship the same day.

Some people working "normal hours" at a real job can only ship on Saturday so that could be the issue. But these day especially someone who claims to be "in the business" should have a scale and USPS picks up so there is no excuse not to ship with in a couple days.

USPS is typically pretty good with first class mail normally taking 3 or 4 days max and priority 2 to 3 days max so more likely than not for some reason the guy didn't mail the package in a timely manner. Some people have a good excuse and I am always willing to accept that but with lack of communication on his end his excuses would mean nothing to me. Even if you can't find time to ship something you should at least communicate with your customer.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

If someone asks me to send friends and family I just figure the fee and send it "regular" and add the fee into the back side. That way they still receive their full amount and I still have the PayPal protection. For a $30 purchase what is it like $1.20 or something?
    I know PayPal is so large they could care less about me but if I pay their small fee I don't feel like I cheated a business out of their money.

Exactly. There is no "trying to be friendly" in pinball anymore. I'll always tack on a little and pay the fee until I know the person or business is legit. Giving money free and clear to a complete stranger is unbelievably stupid.

#40 5 years ago

I had a mail order business (side business) for 13 years selling collectible card games like Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, etc. I used a scale and I printed labels out on my printer. I met 100s of customers at show that thought that I was running a full time business because of the volume that I sold. I emailed the customer after receiving payment (same day) with the tracking number, the same day and explained that the tracking number from the post office doesn't activate for 24 hours. I mailed thousands of packages and yes occasionally something didn't get shipped out. When a customer followed up with me I'd apologize, ship the package the fastest method possible (at my expense) and refund part of their purchase price or throw in $5-10 in free promotional cards.

We're all human so we're bound to make mistakes. The best way for the seller to handle it is to apologize and offer the buyer two options; full refund or ship next day Express Mail at no additional charge to the buyer. If the seller hasn't responded within 24 hours to your call you tell us who he is so we can avoid doing business with him.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Some people working "normal hours" at a real job can only ship on Saturday so that could be the issue. But these day especially someone who claims to be "in the business" should have a scale and USPS picks up so there is no excuse not to ship with in a couple days.

No need for USPS pick up. When you get home from your 8-5 day job, pay the postage online, print your label and drop off at the post office the next day or drop it off in your mail room (prepaid) at work the next day. No need to go to the post office and stand in line unless you are shipping overseas. The post office needs to review the customs documents in person for these transactions.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Typically when I sell someone parts I send them a tracking number as soon as I print the shipping label. That way they know if there is a delay it is not because of me. I am pretty anal about customer service so I pretty much away ship within 24 hours of getting payment and if I have payment before noon I'll typically ship the same day.
    USPS is typically pretty good with first class mail normally taking 3 or 4 days max and priority 2 to 3 days max so more likely than not for some reason the guy didn't mail the package in a timely manner. Some people have a good excuse and I am always willing to accept that but with lack of communication on his end his excuses would mean nothing to me. Even if you can't find time to ship something you should at least communicate with your customer.

Too bad not everyone is like you ... we, the buyers, appreciate good customer service and it seems hard to find good vendors in this business who care about the customers/communication. I won't bitch about the ones I have had issues with, but I will say kudos to Comet and Titan! Amazing service.

#43 5 years ago

I add the fee as well and pay regular Paypal. Even if I was a repeat customer I'd probably do this.

#44 5 years ago

I give a discount for those who pay friends and family. It’s more about the taxes vs. PayPal fees really.

#45 5 years ago

Ok I heard back...here is his excuse from pinside email. Won't return my call and then when I tries to call him again his mailbox is full. So I can't even leave him a message.

Sorry, get crazy here. If you Google Middlesex schools CO2 you'll see a bunch of stuff news trucks, townhall meeting, sorry, it will go out today got sidetracked.

So I figure what the hell. Now everyone will know.

Pinside name: paintpins

Preservation pinball Middlesex, NJ

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Ok I heard back...here is his excuse from pinside email. Won't return my call and then when I tries to call him again his mailbox is full. So I can't even leave him a message.
    Sorry, get crazy here. If you Google Middlesex schools CO2 you'll see a bunch of stuff news trucks, townhall meeting, sorry, it will go out today got sidetracked.
    So I figure what the hell. Now everyone will know.
    Pinside name: paintpins
    Preservation pinball Middlesex, NJ

LMAO Gimme a break. Lame excuse.

#47 5 years ago

Huh. That's a shame. I've done business with that pinsider. Super nice guy who went out of his way to work out a deal for me for a backbox door I needed. Given my experience, I'd be inclined to do business again with him as well. Hopefully everything is alright from his end, and I also very much hope that things work out for you as well.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

If you Google Middlesex schools CO2 you'll see a bunch of stuff news trucks, townhall meeting, sorry, it will go out today got sidetracked.

So what happened, did he breathe too much CO2 and got knocked out for two weeks?

I guess if you are unconscious for an extended amount of time, that is a reasonable excuse.

#49 5 years ago

Maybe he sits around and watching CNN all day can't get his butt off the couch.

I'm not sure why buyers have to remind sellers how to do their job I don't get that but now I'm starting to understand why eBay sides with Buyers more than sellers.

Maybe that news story could be added to Odin's hard to believe new stories

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Maybe that news story could be added to Odin's hard to believe new stories

For some reason unbeknownst to me that thread now resides in the pinside basement. It was in the off topic sub-forum, and was about an actual story I saw on the 11 O Clock news.

If that deserved to go to the basement, then perhaps so do so many threads about whipped men and their controlling wives.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-13-days-too-long/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.