(Topic ID: 223484)

Is $100,000 the largest ask for a Pin?

By wolfemaaan

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fastandfurious (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I saw this and was curious what’s the most a Pin has been listed for let alone sold

ebay.com link: 0

If he sells this though, I’m quitting my job

#2 5 years ago

you would think for 100 grand seller could take the time to write a coherent sentence in the description.

#3 5 years ago

Haha, this guy has been trying to pawn that game off for the last few years.

Here’s a thread from when it was last listed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs

#4 5 years ago

Does it have a shaker?

#5 5 years ago

The Aaron Spelling custom pin was $175,000 per Joe Kaminkow . Mrs Spelling wanted a game, broke out the checkbook with no problem.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The Aaron Spelling custom pin was $175,000 per Joe Kaminkow . Mrs Spelling wanted a game, broke out the checkbook with no problem.

There's a lot of people out there that think we're just as crazy with the money we drop on a single pin. It's all relative.

#7 5 years ago

$175k seems reasonable for a bespoke pin, I'd probably charge around that.

Makes LEs seem like a joke.

#8 5 years ago

It's going to get meta when that BTTF hits it's 30th year for sale.

#9 5 years ago

BTW, that’s the cheapest item he has listed. Some Disney stuff is going for $2.3 Mil

#10 5 years ago

$10 million by Christmas.

#11 5 years ago

The guy’s a nut. I recall messaging him a while back, and the message I got back was barely coherent.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, that’s the cheapest item he has listed. Some Disney stuff is going for $2.3 Mil

well, its listed for that much, doubt it is "going for" that much.

#13 5 years ago

It was on our local craigslist earlier in the year for 25k.
    He's a fool and an idiot.
    Seen the Disney stuff to, my first thought was if it was stolen?

#14 5 years ago

There is a lot of claims in that ad.... none of which are true. Oh for the exception that BTTF is a pinball machine, but that's it.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I saw this and was curious what’s the most a Pin has been listed for let alone sold
    ebay.com link
    If he sells this though, I’m quitting my job

Is that Ass-Hat back at it again? He played that bullshit about a year or two ago. There's a topic about it here on Pinside:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs/page/4#post-3120380

The ad on eBay was sketchy at best, he used altered pictures of people from the movie to promote the pin, and he also used altered pictures of Rick from Pawn Stars.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Is that Ass-Hat back at it again? He played that bullshit about a year or two ago. There's a topic about it here on Pinside:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs/page/4#post-3120380
    The ad on eBay was sketchy at best, he used altered pictures of people from the movie to promote the pin, and he also used altered pictures of Rick from Pawn Stars.

At one point he pushed the price up to $110K

#17 5 years ago

There is a standing cash offer of 100k each for King Kong and the original Kingpin. No takers.

That guy will never see 100k for BTTF. Hes delusional at best.

#18 5 years ago

After ebay and paypal fees that ass clown will only clear about $75K. Poor schmuck. He should sell it locally and rake in the big bucks.

#19 5 years ago

Here you go, buy your own Aaron Spelling.

Machine - For Sale
    Aaron Spelling Archived
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “BRAND NEW (0 plays) MINT *includes THE original translite artwork painting. Playfield Clearcoated by THE Neo Skywalker.”
    2018-10-01
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Archived after: 311 days
    Viewed: 1799 times

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Here you go, buy your own Aaron Spelling.

Careful. Only one real one out there. I've seen more than one for sale. I've even seen two in one picture.

LTG : )

#21 5 years ago

Yeah actually my BSD I would ask $100k for after I'm all done shopping it out and enhancing it.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Careful. Only one real one out there. I've seen more than one for sale. I've even seen two in one picture.
    LTG : )

I didn't realize that. I find it funny that he has a $100,000 ad with no pics.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I didn't realize that. I find it funny that he has a $100,000 ad with no pics.

Maybe it's from the alternate timeline where Biff gets rich off the Sports Almanac and this is the last pin in existence.

#24 5 years ago

I'd rather have Lazer Lord

#25 5 years ago

I made him an offer of $673. Think I'll get it?

#26 5 years ago

Think I'll go $674 and start a bidding war.

#27 5 years ago

Hahaha, that description is pure comedy gold- ‘Even our President Ronald Regan quoted “Back to the Future” as an term that’s part of the American Culture even more icon then American Apple Pie’, owned by a person of importance whose identity is secret... can’t stop LOLing

#28 5 years ago

Was chatting with Brent Spiner after I had him sign a STTNG translite and he tried to sell me the game they gave him as part of the cast complete with a commemorative plaque as it was apparently still in its box in storage...he was asking $100,000...I asked if he had removed the batteries before it went into storage...was a hilarious conversation lol

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

Was chatting with Brent Spiner after I had him sign a STTNG translite and he tried to sell me the game they gave him as part of the cast complete with a commemorative plaque as it was apparently still in its box in storage...he was asking $100,000...I asked if he had removed the batteries before it went into storage...was a hilarious conversation lol

Wow when was this? I went to Boston Comic-CON last weekend and he was there.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Wow when was this? I went to Boston Comic-CON last weekend and he was there.

It was at a Creation Entertainment event in Chicago a couple of years ago that had most of the cast from STTNG there on the day I met him.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I'd rather have Lazer Lord

Speaking of that game, it was not at PATZ. Wonder if it will make its way to Pinball Expo??

#32 5 years ago

Biggest question I have about this pin is.. is it immaculate??

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Biggest question I have about this pin is.. is it immaculate??

This will never cease to be funny, and we got it on Pinside. No other forumn...

#34 5 years ago

Who would want to look at Aaron Spelling's face while playing pinball?! I will have to take a pass.

#35 5 years ago

Ill sell you my Fast and Furious pin for $100k.

fastandfurious (resized).jpgfastandfurious (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-100000-the-largest-ask-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.