(Topic ID: 77004)

Is 1 yr old too young to play? Nah!

By JustinKelly

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-906.jpg
    IMG_20131124_184428_155.jpg
    IMG_20130716_175152_269.jpg
    IMG_20130716_175959_366.jpg
    image.jpg
    139133-i.jpg
    IMG_6507.JPG.jpeg
    Widebody!.jpg
    Capture.JPG
    image1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

Just some fun, family times over the holidays. My son's birthday just so happens to be on Christmas so we figured we'd introduce him!

image.jpegimage.jpeg image1.jpegimage1.jpeg
    #2 10 years ago

Nice ...my almost 2 year old daughter wants to hunch over the glass to get a better view of the ball moving around the playfield...hope she can start playing soon....she can reach both buttons.

#3 10 years ago

Just a small warning on those stools. I know a 1 yr old can't really sit and play, but by the time he's 2 or 3, he'll be getting close. When my nephew was 3, he would climb on a similar stool, but didn't handle getting down very well. He flipped it over backward, hitting his head on the floor. Small stepstools and having the kids stand works better.

My son is now 2, and he has learned to insert two tokens, press the start button, then smash the flipper buttons about 10 times (without the ball rolling around). Just a couple days ago, he managed to manually plunge a ball for the first time. I can occasionally get him to hit the flippers while the ball is in play, but he doesn't get the idea of hitting the ball with the flippers yet. It's going to be a fun year!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Nice ...my almost 2 year old daughter wants to hunch over the glass to get a better view of the ball moving around the playfield...

It was hilarious watching him try to grab the ball as it would come towards the flippers!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Just a small warning on those stools. I know a 1 yr old can't really sit and play, but by the time he's 2 or 3, he'll be getting close. When my nephew was 3, he would climb on a similar stool, but didn't handle getting down very well. He flipped it over backward, hitting his head on the floor. Small stepstools and having the kids stand works better.

Yeah he was never on the stool alone for more than 2 seconds while I took that picture. We'll have to keep an eye on him!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from JustinKelly:

Just some fun, family times over the holidays. My son's birthday just so happens to be on Christmas so we figured we'd introduce him!

image.jpeg 212 KB

image1.jpeg 143 KB

Funny, I saw that first picture and thought to myself...I've seen that carpet and those walls before...but Bryan doesn't have a 1 year old.

#7 10 years ago

My avatar says it all she's 5 months already watching tha sweet silver ball!!!!

#8 10 years ago

Nope, just brought a thread back to life from a couple of years ago....we have lots of pinsider kids photos in there ...including my boys. Definitely add yours to that thread

#9 10 years ago

And 1 is not too early. Here's a pic of my son just before his 1 year birthday at another familiar location...

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
    #10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

And 1 is not too early. Here's a pic of my son just before his 1 year birthday at another familiar location...

A familiar location indeed! I'd recognize that plastic anywhere!

#11 10 years ago

My 1 1/2 year old likes to start ac/dc and launch the ball.

#12 10 years ago

My daughter likes to push the buttons on the side of the cab....and then move to pushing the flashing start button since the games are on free play....4 person game anyone?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

My daughter likes to push the buttons on the side of the cab....and then move to pushing the flashing start button since the games are on free play....4 person game anyone?

That's why I have my games set to use tokens.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from JustinKelly:

A familiar location indeed! I'd recognize that plastic anywhere!

G and I just got done watching the Young and the Restless. I thought you said he took a dump before I got here? He must have forgotten.

#15 10 years ago

I took the lamps out of the start buttons for a while to make it less attractive. My son is 3 1/2. and just starting to learn to wait for the ball to get near the flippers before he hits the buttons. I have a small two-step ladder he uses which is perfect. Last night he wanted to play AC/DC and said, "I want to rock and roll. Here, its your turn to rock and roll daddy" lol

#16 10 years ago

This little Pinball Wizard is 14 now! He can BARELY get his hands around TZ here... yikes. You had to know he was destined for greatness though based on this shot!!

Widebody!.jpgWidebody!.jpg

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

G and I just got done watching the Young and the Restless. I thought you said he took a dump before I got here? He must have forgotten.

He did! He used to watch Y&R all the time with Chel after he was born. He loves Barney on Netflix if you can figure out how to get the PS4 to work. On second thought....

#18 10 years ago

My little one (22 mo.) absolutely loves her new Popeye!

Her name is Olive after all.

IMG_6507.JPG.jpegIMG_6507.JPG.jpeg
    #19 10 years ago

Jace love Pin*bot

139133-i.jpg139133-i.jpg
    #20 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This little Pinball Wizard is 14 now! He can BARELY get his hands around TZ here... yikes. You had to know he was destined for greatness though based on this shot!!

Widebody!.jpg 234 KB

you know this would make a great senior high school year book picture !

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Widebody!.jpg 234 KB

One of the best things about owning your own pins is being able to play without having to put pants on.

#22 10 years ago

This is my son learning to play a few months back. His name is Cohen it rhymes with Bowen. Coincidence?.... We shall see.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

My family has a five-year old sister who is obsessed with Banzai Run; she doesn't even like pinball that much

MOPLE better be on family mode! lol

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

One of the best things about owning your own pins is being able to play without having to put pants on.

When you can achieve this, you know that you have arrived!

#25 10 years ago

Here are a couple of pics of my niece playing. She is 6 years old and loves to play, she doesn't just smack the buttons either!

IMG_20130716_175959_366.jpgIMG_20130716_175959_366.jpg IMG_20130716_175152_269.jpgIMG_20130716_175152_269.jpg
    #26 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Here are a couple of pics of my niece playing. She is 6 years old and loves to play, she doesn't just smack the buttons either!

She is into it for sure...leaning down to get a better view of the playfield. Soon she will be asking the parents for one at their house

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from animator_pin_fan:

My little one (22 mo.) absolutely loves her new Popeye!
    Her name is Olive after all.

IMG_6507.JPG.jpeg 158 KB

My little one, her nickname is "Chick-E-Babe", just came home from her freshman year in college to visit during the holidays. This is what they look like all grown up although she will always be 5 years old in my heart... Oh how I miss my "Chick-E-Babe".

IMG_20131124_184428_155.jpgIMG_20131124_184428_155.jpg
    #28 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Widebody!.jpg 234 KB

Omg this looks EXCTLY like my little one, who is now 4. The resemblance is crazy. Here's a pic from last Saturday, although granted it's hard to tell from this pic.
    image-906.jpgimage-906.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-1-yr-old-too-young-to-play-nah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.