2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Xenon75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone is going to be altering they way they use Venmo PayPal etc to facilitate pinball transactions since beginning this year any transactions over $600 will be reported to the IRS. Is cash the only method of payment that won’t be subject to government prying eyes?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jkush18:

Just wondering if anyone is going to be altering they way they use Venmo PayPal etc to facilitate pinball transactions since beginning this year any transactions over $600 will be reported to the IRS. Is cash the only method of payment that won’t be subject to government prying eyes?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-pinside-have-to-report-sales-to-the-irs-with-new-2022-tax-laws-

#3 2 years ago

I don't know but I can't help thinking the IRS isn't going to expect any purchase of 600+ to be reported on your tax return.
    Perhaps Paypal and banks will need to report this data but I think maybe they will use it for other purposes as to track fraud on patterned large purchases. Who knows what they'll do with this...

#4 2 years ago

It's common knowledge that all pinball games now sell for $599. I don't know why you're worried.

#5 2 years ago

It's any transaction reported as Goods or Services. If you use Friends/Family it is not going to be reported unless the sum of the transactions for the year exceeds the gift limit for that one particular person.

Just go to all cash transactions.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

It's any transaction reported as Goods or Services. If you use Friends/Family it is not going to be reported unless the sum of the transactions for the year exceeds the gift limit for that one particular person.
    Just go to all cash transactions.

just curious - what is that limit for one year (via friends and family option)? Didn't even know there was one so evidently I haven't hit it yet!

#7 2 years ago

it was 15,000 in 2021, and is going up to 16,000 in 2022

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/irs-reporting-required and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.