• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180127_182918 (resized).jpg
20180127_182743 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi, haven't been on pinside for a couple years now. Just picked up an Ironman VE and just have a couple questions.

1. The ball keeps getting stuck between the two rubbers in skillshot lanes into the pop bumpers. Is the small metal post suppose to have a rubber on it? Pics below.

2. When i got the machine the orbit lane post stopper was deactivated. Is this what most people do?? Does having the orbit post turned on kill the flow??

3. What are the really cool mods for the VE? The game came with the whiplash mod, the war machine mod, and lighted speaker inserts.

Thanks for your advice in advance

20180127_182743 (resized).jpg20180127_182743 (resized).jpg

20180127_182918 (resized).jpg20180127_182918 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Hi, haven't been on pinside for a couple years now. Just picked up an Ironman VE and just have a couple questions.
1. The ball keeps getting stuck between the two rubbers in skillshot lanes into the pop bumpers. Is the small metal post suppose to have a rubber on it? Pics below.
2. When i got the machine the orbit lane post stopper was deactivated. Is this what most people do?? Does having the orbit post turned on kill the flow??
3. What are the really cool mods for the VE? The game came with the whiplash mod, the war machine mod, and lighted speaker inserts.
Thanks for your advice in advance

Welcome to the club.

1. Mine look like yours, check your game pitch. I’m at 7 degrees.
2. Activating the post, IMO, kills flow. It also makes the skill shot too easy.
3. Here’s some ideas for mods. https://lermods.com/t/iron-man-pinball-mods

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Welcome to the club.

The ironman mod looks really cool. He is missing from the playfield in his own game. On the website there are two pics. One of a cool looking big ironman and then theres a second pic of a little cheap looking ironman. Which one does the mod come with? Do you have a pic of it in your actual game?

#4 6 years ago

The ironman mod looks really cool. He is missing from the playfield in his own game. On the website there are two pics. One of a cool looking big ironman and then theres a second pic of a little cheap looking ironman. Which one does the mod come with? Do you have a pic of it in your actual game?

Good catch, it’s the cool looking one on the left.we will take that other pic down.

#5 6 years ago

Great pin!! My game times seem to be pretty quick on iron man, but they are fun and intense!! Definitely leave the post deactivated, it makes the game faster! You could also add a ColorDMD, Have fun

#6 6 years ago

Is that song in the video in this game,? I like it

#7 6 years ago

The problem with no post is the iron monger is way to easy to start. It's an already fast game in my opinion and the post does serve a purpose as it drops on combos.. my opinion only.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Great pin!! My game times seem to be pretty quick on iron man, but they are fun and intense!! Definitely leave the post deactivated, it makes the game faster! You could also add a ColorDMD, Have fun
» YouTube video

Yes i plan on getting a colordmd. There was one available local to me but its the LED one and i prefer the LCD colordmd because i like the look of the scan option.

#9 6 years ago

I’ve had the ball get stuck in those rubbers a couple times. It fixed itself after a couple hundred plays, but you can try different rubbers or just try rotating the rubbers around?

Having the post disabled is my preference.

Definitely get an external sub! The ColorDMD is great, too.

#10 6 years ago

Ball is getting stuck because the left inlane plastic is moved to far to the right. Loosen lower screw and move bottom post over to left and tighten screw.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I’ve had the ball get stuck in those rubbers a couple times.

Same here. I replaced the balls and didn't have a problem anymore. I guess I must have had a slightly imperfect or oversized ball. Those lanes are pretty tight.

Edit: Better idea from Chrizg above.

#12 6 years ago

Yes i plan on getting a colordmd. There was one available local to me but its the LED one and i prefer the LCD colordmd because i like the look of the scan option.

If I could change anything on my IM it would be to make the display full animation.
I have owned 3 IM and cant see not having one in my line up. As far as mods I have a few drones on the site on clearance and I think I have one set of pops I could scrape up if you need something.
Also I still have art work and aprons for the LE style set up if your going over the top.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Ball is getting stuck because the left inlane plastic is moved to far to the right. Loosen lower screw and move bottom post over to left and tighten screw.

Awesome! Thank you so much!

#14 6 years ago

Skill Shot is a super-gimme with the orbit post still turned on. I’m guessing you want more challenge than that, given that you did buy an Ironman Grats on the new game!

#15 6 years ago

BTW the guy who sold me my Ironman had replaced the intro music with the bass riff from AC/DC’s Back in Black, and it fit the game and the external/internal subwoofer perfectly.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

BTW the guy who sold me my Ironman had replaced the intro music with the bass riff from AC/DC’s Back in Black, and it fit the game and the external/internal subwoofer perfectly.

Thanks so much. Now I'm going to search the forum for that file. It must exist somewhere.

#17 6 years ago

Put a smaller rubber there. That's what I did and it has worked perfectly.

Do the Color DMD LED...some prefer LCD, some prefer LED.

#18 6 years ago

Top recommended mods are a shaker motor and beefier woofer. Makes a big difference on this pin, much bigger than usual.

#19 6 years ago

Hey welcome back Ryan! IMVE a great note to get re-started on.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey welcome back Ryan! IMVE a great note to get re-started on.
» YouTube video

OMG where do tou get those drop targets?! Thats amazing!

#22 6 years ago

Wow! Spectacular. Just wow. So many amazing mods where made for ironman. I'm in big trouble

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Welcome to the club.

Bought the iron man figure mod. Thanks so much!

#24 6 years ago

Iron man isn’t on the play field because YOU are Iron Man when you are playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ironman-ve-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.