(Topic ID: 40343)

Ironman, Prototyping Iron Monger LED mod, behind him. Looking for input. See Vid

By HemiOrange09

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NiftyLED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What color LED looks best behind the Iron Monger....”

• Red LEDs 4 votes
    18%
  • Orange LEDs 7 votes
    32%
  • Blue LEDs 9 votes
    41%
  • No LEDs 3 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_(4).jpg
2013-02-17_05-31-33_907.jpg
2013-02-17_05-37-50_73.jpg
2013-02-17_05-40-39_529.jpg
2013-02-17_05-40-08_156.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was playing my Ironman machine with some buddies and thought to myself... What would the Iron Monger look like if I put some LED flashers behind him? I would wire the LEDs into the flashers under him. I think he need to pop out more when you hit him.... I can post a video soon of game play.

I am wanting your thoughts and what color would look best. I like the blue LED myself. The intensity of the LEDs will not be as bright as the camera is showing it.

If there is enough interest I can make these mods.

Thanks

2013-02-17_05-40-08_156.jpg2013-02-17_05-40-08_156.jpg 2013-02-17_05-40-39_529.jpg2013-02-17_05-40-39_529.jpg 2013-02-17_05-37-50_73.jpg2013-02-17_05-37-50_73.jpg 2013-02-17_05-31-33_907.jpg2013-02-17_05-31-33_907.jpg

#2 11 years ago

nice idea, I like the blue best

#3 11 years ago

Dude that looks awesome. How about a color changing LED?

#4 11 years ago

Sorry, I can't get color changing LEDs in this style of LED .... But I have red, blue, white, green, and orange colors available.... I just finished wiring it up in my machine with blue LEDs and I will take a video of it. Also this mod will not alter the machine... No drilling needed or taking anything apart to install it. It was kind of a pain to route the wires through the Iron Monger assembly, but it can be done. It does solder into the machine for the power connection.

#5 11 years ago

I think the blue is slick!

#6 11 years ago

I think blue looks best out of the colours you have but if you could get purple that would look great as it would tie in with the M-O-N-G-E-R inserts nicely .

#7 11 years ago

Looks great Hemi!.........Go with Blue.

#8 11 years ago

I have been asking my LED supplier about purple and they just don't offer them...well at least not yet. Otherwise I would put purple in to match the inserts maybe someday, so blue will have to work for now.

#9 11 years ago

How do you know that this was original designed and eliminated? Is there a prototype that has this feature? Cool mod regardless, just wondering what else was eliminated.

Dan

#10 11 years ago

GO WHITE The best MOD EVER FOR IRON MONGER
All these people complaining Stern wont run them again because of no Iron Monger. images_(4).jpgimages_(4).jpg

#11 11 years ago

I like the Red or orange . let me know when they are ready I will buy one. very cool.

#12 11 years ago

I like the blue Hemi.

#13 11 years ago

Im not sure which bulbs it is but I know some have put colored bulbs below the monger. The glow kinda radiates up through the opening.

#14 11 years ago

Orange/Yellow. Yellow may be nice because yellow LEDs and typically weaker than other colors. You don't want to need sunglasses to play the game.

Also, blue, to me, seems a little unnatural for that location of the game.

#15 11 years ago

Is there anyway to add some lights to the upper head area?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

How do you know that this was original designed and eliminated? Is there a prototype that has this feature? Cool mod regardless, just wondering what else was eliminated.
Dan

This is my version of a prototyping this toy.... I could not tell you if Stern had this idea or not. I just think it needs something... I am trying to upload the video... but my computer is fighting me.

#17 11 years ago

Here are a couple of videos in 720 HD of my Ironman with all of the mods that I made for it over the last 2 years, including the LEDs behind the Iron Monger, just this morning. I am going to be adding more flashers to the backbox area one of these days when I get some free time... I just have one flasher on Ironman chest in the backbox....After watching the video, I just noticed the LED in not working in the Iron Monger's chest... Well I guess I have to put in a service call to the tech.... Oh wait a minute, that's me

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

This is my version of a prototyping this toy.... I could not tell you if Stern had this idea or not. I just think it needs something... I am trying to upload the video... but my computer is fighting me.

Oh okay. I was thinking of something like the 3rd magnet in TZ that could be found only in prototypes and earlier sample game.

Now I understand that you are at the initial stages of developing the mod. Sorry to be so thick. Thanks for the explanation.

Looks nice for sure.

Dan

#19 11 years ago

like purple or red, and could drill that hole thru middle to have light coming out reactor in his chest...

#20 11 years ago

Definitively orange. Looks like Iron Monger Is blasting off.

#21 11 years ago

Well it looks like every color is popular so far and I can offer any of these colors if people are interested in this flasher mod for their Ironman....I would still have to write up the directions and take a few pictures on how to install it....it is not a big deal.....

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

like purple or red, and could drill that hole thru middle to have light coming out reactor in his chest...

Sure you could do this.... mine has an LED already there. I need to see why it isn't working....

#23 11 years ago

Blue Hemi. Looks awesome in blue.

#24 11 years ago

Orange is best, again like he's taking off or on fire.
Blue is cool too.

Neat idea

#25 11 years ago

I am going to start a new thread in the market place on taking orders for this mod for $20.00....Thanks everyone for your feedback I will offer them in all colors.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have been asking my LED supplier about purple and they just don't offer them...well at least not yet. Otherwise I would put purple in to match the inserts maybe someday, so blue will have to work for now.

We have purple!! what is it that you are looking for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ironman-prototype-iron-monger-led-mod-behind-him-looking-for-input and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.