• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by frg
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Messages Image(3336594586) (resized).png
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Karl DeAngelo live streamed his Do or Die MB quest ....

rd

#2 6 years ago

Wow I'm going to have to watch this when I get home!!

#3 6 years ago

Yes! I saw that !

I attached the video in the " near impossibility of DoDMB" thread from years ago

#4 6 years ago

I wonder if its possible without cradling.

#5 6 years ago

That was badass to watch!!!!

IM is my fave pin in my small collection

#6 6 years ago

I did it once and never again when I had my IM. Glad to see someone finally caught it on camera.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder if its possible without cradling.

Wouldn't think so. You need to make a lot of accurate shots to get to DODMB, so if you're flailing around willy-nilly I wouldn't think you'd get too far.

Edit: maybe you mean timing out modes? If your goal is just to get to DODMB then that'd be the clever thing to do.

#9 6 years ago

I have to watch this. I have met Karl locally. He is a great guy.

#10 6 years ago

Good player. Couple of things I noticed relative to my vault edition.

First, his slings seem less powerful than mine. Mine will throw it into the outlanes.

Second, he got really lucky on quite a few outlanes. My outlanes seems to attract the balls whereas during his game, the ball fell into the inlanes most of the time. Maybe it was his nudging that did it, probably was..

This is not to take anything from him, quite an accomplishment to reach dod mb, and in only 20 mins. Lastly, his point total was pretty low. I thought dod was worth more points. Jericho is 50 mil, dod hurry up 35 mil, but if you have 2x scoring going it's 100 and 75 mil, respectively. In this respect, for tournament play, it's not worth going for dod mb. Of course, he wasn't going for points.

#11 6 years ago

I've never actually achieved this Do or Die multiball although I get Do or Die hurry up mode every time I play the game.

To achieve the Do or Die multiball wizard mode the following needs to happen:

Iron Man - play all 3 modes
Iron Monger - collect the super jackpot
War Machine - collect the super jackpot
Whiplash - collect the super jackpot
Drones - collect all drones 4 times

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I get Do or Die hurry up mode every time I play the game.

Riiiight.

#13 6 years ago

It usually takes 5 minutes. There is a delineation between the two. I'm referring to the Do or Die hurry up mode which requires just lighting the 5 main characters. This is a timed mode which has a goal of hitting every shot with one ball. I've never gotten to do or die Multiball which requires the completion of the entire requirement list that I just posted. You can keep your sarcasm.

These are two completely separate objectives if you actually read what I wrote.

#14 6 years ago

It usually takes 5 minutes. There is a delineation between the two. I'm referring to the Do or Die hurry up mode which requires just lighting the 5 main characters. This is a timed mode which has a goal of hitting every shot with one ball. I've never gotten to do or die Multiball which requires the completion of the entire requirement list that I just posted. You can keep your sarcasm.
These are two completely separate objectives if you actually read what I wrote.

So you light all 5 on a single ball on every game??? I find that very hard to believe with the nature of the layout.

#15 6 years ago

Wow.

Also, how'd he get the DMD like that in the stream? That looks like a feed vs a camera.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So you light all 5 on a single ball on every game??? I find that very hard to believe with the nature of the layout.

Once you play the game a couple hundred times after owning it for a few years it becomes extremely easy. Although I still have never gotten to do or die multiball after all those games. I have good strategy you can stack multi balls. If you get drone multi-ball lit at War Machine. You activate ironmonger then the Drone multi-ball if ready before monger activated you can literally play both at once. The Iron Man targets are pretty much a give me. And you're there.

To me getting all 5 lit is easy but getting all 5 flashing from completing the objectives for The DoD mutiball is something I have yet to do. Got to complete the objectives in one ball that I listed.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Also, how'd he get the DMD like that in the stream? That looks like a feed vs a camera.

Yup

http://www.drpinball.co.uk/dmdextender.htm

#18 6 years ago

Once you play the game a couple hundred times after owning it for a few years it becomes extremely easy. Although I still have never gotten to do or die multiball after all those games. I have good strategy you can stack multi balls. If you get drone multi-ball lit at War Machine. You activate Whiplash first then ironmonger then the Drone multi-ball you can literally play all three at once. The Iron Man targets are pretty much a give me. And you're there.

Do you even own an Iron Man?

EDIT: Have you played one recently? You are not describing how the stacking works.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I don't currently but I did for a few years. Truthfully got bored with it but I miss it enough that I'm hunting down and Iron Man Vault Edition.

#20 6 years ago

These are two completely separate objectives if you read what I wrote.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Feature Audit #60
Do or Die Hurry Up Started
[# of times]
[%] of games

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

EDIT: Have you played one recently? You are not describing how the stacking works.

Maybe the older code was different but if I got Warmachine lit I could activate monger and drill the war machine shot and have both multi balls at the same time. Same with whiplash. Can be started during drone multi-ball

#22 6 years ago

I don't know where the resentment was from here on this thread towards me but I was just saying how hard the multi-ball was to achieve versus how easy the hurry-up was to achieve for Do or Die. I'm literally stressing that hurry up is very easy to achieve and do or die is nearly impossible as I have never done it. Even after a few hundred games

#23 6 years ago

I don't know where the resentment was from here on this thread towards me but I was just saying how hard the multi-ball was to achieve versus how easy the hurry-up was to achieve for Do or Die. I'm literally stressing that hurry up is very easy to achieve and do or die is nearly impossible as I have never done it. Even after a few hundred games

For me, personally, it's because it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

You can't start Whiplash MB and then start another multiball.
You can't start Monger MB and then start another multiball.

A cursory reading of the changelog indicates that the multiball stacking rules have never changed.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/game-code-iron-man/1386/ironmanreadme819.pdf

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

For me, personally, it's because it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.
You can't start Whiplash MB and then start another multiball.
You can't start Monger MB and then start another multiball.
A cursory reading of the changelog indicates that the multiball stacking rules have never changed.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/game-code-iron-man/1386/ironmanreadme819.pdf

You can start ironmonger and if War Machine drone multi-ball is ready you can start that with one shot during the ironmonger multi-ball. I may be incorrect about the Whiplash but still that Multiball so easy to get. I'm pretty sure you can start Whiplash multi-ball during the Drone multi-ball. I'm not sure but I think you can start Whiplash during Monger multi-ball as well. The addaball feature for drone multi-ball is just icing on the multiball cake. Only bad flaw with code is you cannot add a ball once four balls are on the table it's just wasted.

Edited: I was wrong about starting Whiplash during ironmonger thanks Rotordave for clearing this up.

#25 6 years ago

What you are saying is (almost) correct.

If War Machine is lit, and Monger is up (but MB is not started) you can start WM MB and use the balls to attack Monger and start Monger MB and have them both running.

And if you start WM MB, you can attack Whiplash and start that MB and have them both running.

That's the only MB stacking that you can do.

Of course, you can start Bogey and/or Ironman scoring BEFORE any of this and have them running through the multiballs as well.

rd

#26 6 years ago

Rotordave, Thank you for the useful information and posting of this video. I'm impressed with the variety of the collection you've assembled.

#27 6 years ago

Rotordave, Thank you for the useful information and posting of this video. I'm impressed with the variety of the collection you've assembled.

You gotta blow your money on something.

rd

#28 6 years ago

Amazing

#29 6 years ago

I've seen TK get do or die hurry up mode with that single 35,000,000 countdown shot lots of times. It's very simple if you've got good pinball skills and have the game setup decent so it's not constantly ripping you off, and also by skipping out on activating Jericho mode by avoiding the collection of shields.

When he was done with the game, I had it for 5 months and also achieved do or die hurry up on it almost every time I played.

I think there was some confusion about stacking multi balls, so to speak, which rotordave cleared up pretty well on post #25. It feels like you're stacking them, sort of, so I understand how some may interpret it as stacking or running them simultaneously.

And congrats on achieving do or die multi ball as well rotordave! I've achieved that one time, early on in the first month I had the game. It was so awesome it blew me away. I had no idea how I got the multi ball versus the hurry up, so I got on here and read in another thread how to achieve that (hitting super jackpots on each MB and etc.) but wasn't able to replicate it after the first time.

Glad I pulled it off, it was a hell of a rush, but I just couldn't get it a second time and eventually grew bored with trying to make it happen one more time. Really wanted to hit the 300,000,000 mark in scoring but sadly fell just a bit short there.

I may have actually had double scoring when I got the 180,000,000 on do or die multi ball now that I think of it. Because I always went for the iron man targets early on that way when I got to the do or die countdown, and Jericho mode, the score would be doubled and more worthwhile to achieve.

#30 6 years ago

sevenrites, I don't think rotordave got the do or die multi ball, he posted the video of someone else doing it.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

sevenrites, I don't think rotordave got the do or die multi ball, he posted the video of someone else doing it.

Not sure how I missed that being that it's spelled out pretty clearly in his first post in the thread. His knowledge of the game suggests that he is capable of reaching do or die multi ball if he hasn't already. It is extremely tough to pull off. I had no idea it existed or how to achieve it when I got it but it blew me away and kept me coming back to try and do it again. Wish I would have had a video but I had no idea it was going to happen or what was going on when it did happen. I got #2 high score out of it on here at least, and netted over 180,000,000 points in that mode when I did get it.

#32 6 years ago

i was one shot away once and bricked it haha fml.

great video, awesome to see it in action

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

his knowledge of the game suggests that he is capable of reaching do or die multi ball if he hasn't already. It is extremely tough to pull off

Correct, I haven't done it. I've never gone for it to be honest. But I'll give it a go one day...

My Ironman is set up competition tough, I might have to dial it back somewhat.

And

#34 6 years ago

Karl is an amazing pinball player, and an all around great dude too.

Yes, I just called him "dude!"

#35 6 years ago

Ha! I'm glad I got to see it because I'll never get there myself. This game has many novel ways to make me look like a fool. Anyways, It took 3 days...Lol, hard core.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Karl is an amazing pinball player, and an all around great dude too.
Yes, I just called him "dude!"

I don't know all of the exact details. But I know Karl has done a lot for the tourney scene here in SoCal. The video setups and live feeds. All that stuff.

SoCal. So nice for pinball. And it's only going to get better. I can feel it.

#37 6 years ago

I'm referring to the Do or Die hurry up mode which requires just lighting the 5 main characters. This is a timed mode which has a goal of hitting every shot with one ball.

you've described qualifying do or die, but playing jericho

#38 6 years ago

Great. Now can we stop with the "Iron Man needs to be recoded because DOD multiball is impossible" whinging?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Great. Now can we stop with the "Iron Man needs to be recoded because DOD multiball is impossible" whinging?

Well, I would say it is impossible for 99% of people.

So is Valinor, so is Sperm Attack, End of Line, Etc etc.

You gotta have something to aim for!

rd

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

you've described qualifying do or die, but playing jericho

Not sure what you're saying but Jericho is achieved by getting all the marks. I bet nobody will believe this but I usually do this on ball one as well.

#41 6 years ago

I'm flattered that you don't believe this. Play the game 4 times a day for 4 months straight and you'll be so good at it you'll become bored with it. Iron Man is so Fast and Furious that it actually improved my pinball playing ability for all my games across the board. It made most other games seem slow. I refer to it as the "pinball trainer"

#42 6 years ago

I refer to it as the "pinball trainer"

So true.

I also refer to XMen the same, due to its tight shots. You need to have good aim to get to the end of XMen.

rd

#43 6 years ago

I get Do or Die hurry up mode every time I play the game.

I took a quick peek at the IM scores that you posted and now I'm a true believer!

I'm flattered that you don't believe this. Play the game 4 times a day for 4 months straight and you'll be so good at it you'll become bored with it. Iron Man is so Fast and Furious that it actually improved my pinball playing ability for all my games across the board. It made most other games seem slow. I refer to it as the "pinball trainer"

Why are you responding to things that were said 3 days ago when you have posted several times in this thread since then?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I took a quick peek at the IM scores that you posted and now I'm a true believer!

Why are you responding to things that were said 3 days ago when you have posted several times in this thread since then?

I guess I was bothered by the sarcasm. Pinside used to be a friendlier neighborhood. I try to add things to stimulate conversation and see what other people think about the challenge but this is what I get. It's as bad as Steve Ritchie stated.

I never posted any high scores for Ironman. Oh it's more of that sarcasm that's been polluting pinside lately. My high score is right around 165 million.

#45 6 years ago

My high score is right around 165 million.

Interesting.

It seems that someone who usually starts Jericho on the first ball and gets "Do or Die hurry up mode every time I play the game" would have a better score than that.

I don't even come close to getting DoD every time I play my IM, which I have had for several years now. But I do have several scores over 200 million, including this one:

Messages Image(3336594586) (resized).pngMessages Image(3336594586) (resized).png

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting.
It seems that someone who usually starts Jericho on the first ball and gets "Do or Die hurry up mode every time I play the game" would have a better score than that.
I don't even come close to getting DoD every time I play my IM, which I have had for several years now. But I do have several scores over 200 million, including this one:

Damn that's an awesome score. Especially if it's on factory settings. You do know I'm talking about the dod hurry up. Not the multi-ball right? Doesn't really require beating anything just activating the five characters.

#47 6 years ago

I guess I was bothered by the sarcasm. Pinside used to be a friendlier neighborhood. I try to add things to stimulate conversation and see what other people think about the challenge but this is what I get. It's as bad as Steve Ritchie stated.
I never posted any high scores for Ironman. Oh it's more of that sarcasm that's been polluting pinside lately. My high score is right around 165 million.

Straight up: it's complete bullshit that you get the Do or Die shot on EVERY game. Bowen can't even do that...unless you made your game extremely easy by closing off the outlanes, which in that case it is bullshit too. You probably are very good and get it often, but don't try to claim that you do it EVERY game. You don't.

#48 6 years ago

Regarding the claim of whether or not a player makes DoD every game: If he really can do it, I say good for him, if he's exaggerating just a bit, what does it matter? Is there a certain level of success he could claim that is "believable"?

A few years ago I was the one that started the thread of the "near impossibility of DoDMB". (Notice I said near). I knew I was that freaking close, but just missed it. Now we see it can be done, has been done, and probably will be done again.

I know I have achieved some goals that when I write them down are probably pretty hard for some people to believe, because I am not Keith or Bowen, but I know that I did it and that's all that counts. I am not looking for anyone's approval, rather I just like to share the experience on a pinball forum because most of the people I would see day to day would have no idea what I'm talking about or, say "oh that's nice" to be polite.

Speaking for me: The only thing I am 100% sure of is that I can't do anything 100% of the time

#49 6 years ago

Cool

#50 6 years ago

Un fn believable!

Thanks for posting that video. Why do great players always get the good bounces. My outlanes just say screw you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ironman-do-or-die-multiball-achieved?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.