Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mnpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Less than a 1000 for sure. 24 and CSI TANKED on the sales TANKED. Some people believe it was 500 each i think thats for the pair.

Hmm, that would not bood well for Stern doing any more television series either. How did Sorpranos sell?

Sadly, my dream of a Spartacus or Game of Thrones may have gone up in smoke with Sopranos, 24, and CSI flopping in sales.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly, my dream of a Spartacus or Game of Thrones may have gone up in smoke with Sopranos, 24, and CSI flopping in sales.

Let's not forget about WoF.

#53 11 years ago

Hmm, that would not bood well for Stern doing any more television series either. How did Sorpranos sell?

Soprano's did great...i believe the figure was 3500 units

I had a post i found some time ago, that showed Stern production #s, but i cant find it now...i have been looking for it for months...

the chart had all the games, from Stern Pinball INC. 1999 and newer ....bum's me out i cant find that now

#54 11 years ago

Why the hell does it ALWAYS have to be a multi-media theme?!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Soprano's did great...i believe the figure was 3500 units
I had a post i found some time ago, that showed Stern production #s, but i cant find it now...i have been looking for it for months...
the chart had all the games, from Stern Pinball INC. 1999 and newer ....bum's me out i cant find that now

I think with stern not releasing the actual numbers that any thread with numbers would just be a guessing thread kind of like this one. I'm glad to hear the perception is sopranos did okay though. Perhaps they will do another HBO show.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

24 and CSI TANKED on the sales TANKED. Some people believe it was 500 each i think thats for the pair.

That was also during the dark days where Stern was laying people off, designers were asking that the machines not bear their names, and it looked like all heck was breaking loose.

I do think though that CSI outsold 24 for a few different reasons. The biggest being that they tend to pop up for sale more often than 24 does, and CSI also seems to have the better word of mouth, so I don't think those people with 24s are hoarding them.

I heard someone else say 250 24s, 350 NBAs and 500 CSIs. That *feels* about right, but I have no idea if it is anywhere close or not.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That was also during the dark days where Stern was laying people off, designers were asking that the machines not bear their names, and it looked like all heck was breaking loose.
I do think though that CSI outsold 24 for a few different reasons. The biggest being that they tend to pop up for sale more often than 24 does, and CSI also seems to have the better word of mouth, so I don't think those people with 24s are hoarding them.
I heard someone else say 250 24s, 350 NBAs and 500 CSIs. That *feels* about right, but I have no idea if it is anywhere close or not.

I have both CSI and 24, the thing about not wanting to or putting their names on the games is wrong..

CSI has (lower left of translight)...CBS (lower right corner)...Jerry Bruckhiemer...(upper right) PLD..{Pat Lawler Designs}

24 has (lower left)...SRP..{ Steve Ritchie Productions}...( lower right )....20th Century Fox ....

I Seem to see few 24's 4 sale ever, and i think it is because the guys that have them dont want them to go..new code adressed a bunch of issues and it is a way better game than when it first came out as CSI is as well now, and most every Stern for the most part... ( after code is done)

plus it is hard to let a super rare game go, especially if it is HUO like mine...

Where would you ever find another to replace it with as nice....YOU WONT...

Or even find a CSI or 24 at all for that matter...

They made a pile of Sopranos' on the other hand...but guess what they dont come up that often either if ya think about it...

Day to day there are way more SM's available than Soprano's for sale for sure....

#58 11 years ago

CSI and 24 both lasted less than a week in my house Both where NIB. I wish i had them back.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

CSI and 24 both lasted less than a week in my house Both where NIB. I wish i had them back.

That seems to be the consensess, on both from most guys that did what you did, not all but most..

thats the problem with these NIB games, you get 60% of a game due to unfished code..that makes people bail early on in the game..

Look at TF's...lots of guys are trying to loose that title like a bad Taco
Bell dinner right now...

It may get better, if they modify the code, but they may not either...

Look at WOF..and i know there are other unfinished Sterns running around out there..i just cant name them at the moment...

THANK GOD, they polished the code on CSI and 24, as i really enjoy both, and they are permanent fixtures in the lineup...

#60 11 years ago

I will have to give 24 another shot. I sure dug the theme. I just didn't like the "exploding safe house" toy. It just looked cheap. The call outs were awesome though.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I will have to give 24 another shot. I sure dug the theme. I just didn't like the "exploding safe house" toy. It just looked cheap. The call outs were awesome though.

I think some of the callouts are great, and then others just suck...

BUT ! The rules for completeing Multiballs are wicked cool, and VERY hard to do...

Getting to the wizard modes (2) wizard modes is a serious challenge for sure..

I set all my games to HARD or EXTRA HARD.....that is also something that makes 24 come to live as well..

Same with CSI...completeing those MB's is F'ing hard...i have only managed to get skull lit solid ONCE...and that was a seriously well played MB...trapping and just picking off jackpots...

There are a PILE of shots you need to make in either game, to get those inserts lit solid..

A hard game is a great game tht keeps you coming back for more, an easy game can be fun from time to time, but not forever....they usually end up down the road SOONER than later...

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I have both CSI and 24, the thing about not wanting to or putting their names on the games is wrong..

After 24 came out and Ritchie was laid off, he posted some extremely scathing things about Stern, including I believe that he wished that his name hadn't been associated with the game because it wasn't complete when he left. I think that the final tweaks were done by John Borg on both of them to make them function properly.

Having said that, I don't think they are bad games at all. I don't like 24 much myself, but I really dig CSI and I know a couple people that own them too. NBA is a way underrated game that a lot of people bash who haven't played it, since the game the layout is based on pretty much sucks. And, no matter what, this dark period at Stern led directly or indirectly to the current revival that the company has had.

I'd happily own a CSI or NBA if either came my way at a decent price.

#63 11 years ago

I should have titled this thread Stern production numbers.
Anyone have a exact # on IM production?
Anyone....Bueller.

#64 11 years ago

Dan, your right on with that...i forgot about the tussle there, i am tired and its late...

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I should have titled this thread Stern production numbers.Anyone have a exact # on IM production?Anyone....Bueller.

that around 1500# is what i have been getting for some time now, although, i was told by a freind of mine who is tight with Trent Augenstien, of Tilt Amusements, that Trent thought it was actually closer to the 1100'ish figure...

But who really knows...we will probably really never know....

#66 11 years ago

I have read in a few places that TSPP was over nearing 10,000 at this point.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I should have titled this thread Stern production numbers.
Anyone have a exact # on IM production?
Anyone....Bueller.

Sorry, cannot help there
My IM was one of the first 100 to roll off the line

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I have read in a few places that TSPP was over nearing 10,000 at this point.

That is awesome news if true. Would make it the most produced stern by a wide margin I would imagine.

10 months later
#69 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Spidey is aprox 6k. Verified.
I will see what I can gather for IM and post later.

Borgie was kind enough to let me know.

Ironman was 1800 Pro and he has the last one produced off the line.

#70 10 years ago

thanks for letting us know, do you know if that includes classics, or playfields or definitely full pro machines.

#71 10 years ago

I own HUO 24 and CSI. Found each for great price several years ago, thanks to many vocal haters. Their both fun pins that add nice variety to any collection .

#72 10 years ago

Iron Man Pro-approx. 1100 made
Spiderman-over 5000

It is interesting sometimes it is harder to find a Spiderman and a Batman than it is to find an IM?

#73 10 years ago

Hopefully IM is closer to the 1800 number.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hopefully IM is closer to the 1800 number.

Read my post 4th up above !
From the mouth of if the designer himself 1800.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ironman-and-spiderman-production-numbers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.