Topic poll

“Ironman VE/ Avengers”

• Ironman VE 53 votes
    90%
  • Avengers 6 votes
    10%

(59 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

What's the better pin? Wanting to get a Ironman VE or Avengers LE Hulk.
Can't decide!
I have a Tron Pro, just don't want a similar pin.
Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Is this a joke post? IM is miles ahead of Avengturds. When comparing anything to Avengers, the other thing always wins

#5 3 years ago

I like Avengers, but IM is way better.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is this a joke post? IM is miles ahead of Avengturds. When comparing anything to Avengers, the other thing always wins

I own them both.

IM although a faster pin, is actually a better pin for new players. IM has an open playfield while Monger is down and an easy way to start his multiball. Two almost symmetrical ramps as well. Great sounds, fun call outs but they are just movie clips. It's an AP retheme. Dots are mostly movie clips so unless you want to drop $400 on a ColorDMD like I did, they will be very hard to see, not that you'll have a chance to look up and see them much. IM has two magnets and a kickback that really feel like the game is fighting against you. Putting a sub and shaker add a ton to the experience too. A TON of cool mods for this pin as well available. It's an adrenaline rush!

Avengers LE Blue/Hulk

All custom dots. Custom call outs with some fun/campy pinball related call outs. Good music. It's a tough game for new/young players because of the many tight shots. An, ahem, shitty player might be quick to hate on Avengers because unless you trap and aim for these tight shots, you're not getting anywhere in the game. It'll be a brick fest but if you get in a groove and learn the geometry of the game, you can go from Hawkeye's cross ramp, to Black Widows badass shot to Iron Man's tight shot like a pro. Hitting Black Widow multiple times in a row is a cool feeling. Getting the Tesseract cube mod is a must and is simply beautiful as it spins blue. LE's have leds that will turn off or on for different modes/hero shots. Both games have a fun bash toy Monger vs Hulk that fight you.

Don't over pay for either and good luck with your decision:

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago

I have both, 2 different styles. Iron Man is open & short ball times. Avengers is longer, more multi balls, some sweet shots IMHO. Both done well, IM would go before AVLE. But I'm probably in the minority.

#8 3 years ago

I own Avengers LE and it's a keeper for me but save yourself a lot of tweaking and work out of the box to have a dial in version and go where every one goes, Iron Man. Pin is fast and sweet and is a fan favorite. Avengers is a long ball time tight shot difficult game. A lot of people find Avengers clumsy and clanky wich is entirely true out of the box. Needs a lot of work and love but the game is really cool. Different layout and way different game. Look at your lineup to have variety.

I already have MET and Tron wich are fast games so adding another borg game would be too repetitive.

I love Avengers and would add an IM if I had more funds

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Two things are certain on this site: 1. If it's a TWD pro/premium/LE discussion, QG will be there to shit on pro owners. 2. If it's an Avengers thread, he'll be there to shit on the Avengers game.

#10 3 years ago

I own both and hope to keep each of them long term. IM is fast and furious, I keep punching the start button and play it twice as much as Avengers. Avengers doesn't have the flow, but has cool playfield stuff and other than the shitty B/W ramp, plays well enough for me. I play it less, but still enjoy it. Both are keepers for me, but IM wins overall.

#11 3 years ago

Played both a lot.... bought IMVE, easy choice for me......also own TRONLE, but irrelevant in this case....TRON stays, regardless !!!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Two things are certain on this site: 1. If it's a TWD pro/premium/LE discussion, QG will be there to shit on pro owners. 2. If it's an Avengers thread, he'll be there to shit on the Avengers game.

Hahahahaha, I knew you would eventually be in here with your tales of woe. I don't like Avengturds, you like it, no big deal. And you should edit your post and add a third point.

3. If anyone mentions ST or about how great it is QG will immediately give them a thumbs down and then proceed to shit all over ST.

But make the above point #1 and I would say you are spot on

#13 3 years ago

Hahaha we are nothing if not predictable.

Did you ever own Avengers or IM? Or did you only play them on location?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hahaha we are nothing if not predictable.
Did you ever own Avengers or IM? Or did you only play them on location?

I played IM when it first came out and hated it because of the open and bare playfield. Then when the VE came out I put more time on it at a distributors and I don't know what happened but it blew me away. The magnets flinging the ball around, the wicked fast kick back, the iron monger is amazing and the Ramps are so satisfying to hit over and over again. I liked it so much that I really want one now.

Now Avengers I played a few times at a distributors. It was a pro and I immediately hated it. I found it clumsy and clunky, nothing made sense, there was no clear direction on what to shoot for. I immediately dismissed the game as a turd and never played it again. Years later I was at someone's house buying a pin and they had a hulk LE. I told them how much I hated Avengers and they told me the LE was different and I had to try it. So I did. And he was right, the LE is WAY different then the pro. His LE was actually pretty fun, but he was also telling me what to shoot for as well. There was a point in the game where hulk gets pissed and breaks one of the ramps and throws it in the air, that was pretty bad ass. I still think the pro version sucks balls though. I know I like to yank people's chains about Avengers to solicit a rise out of them but in all actuality because I love the theme so much and the LE actually isn't that bad, if they redid Avengers based on the comics (I also don't like how they modelled it after the movie) and I could get it at a good price I would pick one up to put beside my Xmen. But I don't think they will ever remake it with comic art

*****EDIT*****

Oops, I guess I didn't really answer your question. No I haven't owned either game.

#15 3 years ago

I too would LOVE a comic themed Avengers and Iron Man pin. It's doubtful though as tying into the movies gives it broader appeal. I really enjoy the Marvel movies so it doesn't kill me. I'm sure you've seen my over the top Iron Man/Avengers game room. I'm jealous Spider-Man might get his own comic retheme if the rumors are true.

I actually have a local Pinsider striping a beat up Silverball Mania game and I have another Pinsider working on artwork for it that I want to retheme into an all classic comic Iron Man pin. I think the kickback below the flippers is a cool gimmick that could be easily done showing Iron Man's repulsor shooting the ball back into play. Also the horseshoe I want to put the Mandarin villain on as the main piece to shoot for.

I've only played the pro once or twice but have owned the LE for over a year. I'm sure both are fun but I'm glad I have the LE.

Now ColorDMD has colorized both games. Stern is working on more code or tweaks to an already fun game and another Pinsider is adding movie clips to certain spots in Avengers. I happen to like the voice actor call outs especially how they seem to taunt you or reference pinball but there are so many cool movie clips that could be used too.

Good luck getting either but I don't make it a habit of hating on games that I really haven't played a bunch on. With both games your initial impression was negative till you actually gave it a chance.

#16 3 years ago

As a former owner of both, Avengers lackluster code and multiple issues out of the box made it a tough game to really love from the get go, IM was instant fun that needed zero tweaking.

Id buy a 3rd IM back before Id bring Avengers back.

When is that new Avenger code getting done?

#17 3 years ago

Stay tuned!!!!

#18 3 years ago

Ive had an imve and avle hulk. If i had to pick one to get back it be imve by a nose. I think overall avengers has more depth and is a much more unique and well designed gomez game.
The only thing holding it back is the amount of dialling and tweaking and constant care needed to keep it running like it should.
In a nutshell avengers was built like shit but is a better game than Imve. IImvehas the best clear to date aside from the new GOT and stunning cab. Just my opinion

1 week later
#19 3 years ago

Thanks everyone! Choice was made easy for me, IM VE was no longer for sale. I got the Hulk LE and loving it!
New problem..I have a Tron Pro and someone wanting to trade me a IM VE for Tron. Is that a bad deal?
Keep Tron or Trade?

Thanks

#20 3 years ago

If you trade Tron... you should be getting IM plus a chunk of Cash in return.

Aside from that, only you will know if that's a good choice... do you like tron? If you do...then I'd say keep tron and start saving $4 to $4800K for an IM.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthSnowMan:

Thanks everyone! Choice was made easy for me, IM VE was no longer for sale. I got the Hulk LE and loving it!
New problem..I have a Tron Pro and someone wanting to trade me a IM VE for Tron. Is that a bad deal?
Keep Tron or Trade?
Thanks

Don't even consider that trade. KEEP TRON!

#22 3 years ago

One game was in such high demand they did a rerun. The other is sitting in distributor warehouses selling at a discount. That should tell you which game is better.

#23 3 years ago

I love Tron but I haven't been playing it but I don't want to regret it either. I traded my IM VE and regret it. Love both but having a hard deciding. Can't buy IM now because I'm paying down my MMR that I'm getting in a few months.
How much cash should ask for if I decide to trade? Thanks

#24 3 years ago

Not a big fan of IM really, but take it before Avengers for sure. AV I kind of liked at first but the layout doesn't really work for me.

#25 3 years ago

If IM is from a friend do a temp trade with Tron for a couple of months. Win win!

#26 3 years ago

Others will probably chime in on this...but if both games are stock and HUO, I'd say that Tron Pro is a $5200-5500 game? IM VE is probably $4400-$4500 game?

So, IMVE plus $800-$1000 cash for Tron?

#27 3 years ago

Keep Tron or Trade?
Thanks

No, no!!!....you must keep TRON !!!....Flank, a little help here.....

#28 3 years ago

I'm keeping Tron!

Just got to save up, I'm going broke

#29 3 years ago

I'm keeping Tron!
Just got to save up, I'm going broke

Whew!!! once again, sanity prevails.....the money will return, but you would definitely miss TRON!!!!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No, no!!!....you must keep TRON !!!....Flank, a little help here.....

Never heard of it.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Never heard of it.

You have had too much fun last night, mister....snap out of it!!!

1 week later
#32 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Others will probably chime in on this...but if both games are stock and HUO, I'd say that Tron Pro is a $5200-5500 game? IM VE is probably $4400-$4500 game?
So, IMVE plus $800-$1000 cash for Tron?

so I am currently looking at purchasing a NIB IMVE, does the 4400-4500 price still hold true? or are those more in line with HUO? sorry new to NEWER pinball prices. No problem paying what they are "truly" selling for, but don't want to get "hit" or "taken advantage of either." Have played an IMVE on location a few times now and would really like to add one to my collection for my boys and I... any input is greatly appreciated from the pros out there in pinsider land!! thank you in advance.

-T

1 month later
#33 3 years ago

I want to add my 2 cents as I have played IM a lot and own Hulk LE. I am shocked at the ratings that Avengers got, honestly ... it is the one game that gets played the most in my game room. I love it and would never let go ... I would sell my other A games before this one goes. Yes, it is a game that has to be setup perfect, some tweeks are needed but shots are very fun, music is great and love the battle mode between the Avengers. I am glad I picked this one up! sorry IM owners, but just cannot get into that one whatsoever.

#34 3 years ago

I have owned both and sold both but re bought a hulk when I was quite sure new code was coming,love it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Corning, NY
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, PA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside