image-899.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0111.JPG
kateUPton.jpg
PlayBetter.jpg
IMG_4188.JPG
CAM00250.jpg
017.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from CastleRockIM:

Hey there, Short-time forum reader, First-Time poster here. Fellow Castle Rock Resident also. I just purchased my first PIN which was an IMVE 3 weeks ago. I may be bias, but my question is How does one decide on the next PIN to follow up with/Top after getting an IM?
Extending the offer if you need some play time on an IMVE to help you decide.

I agree. After playing IM for the last 6 months it seems like most other pins I play are less exciting and fun to play.
This may not be a good thing.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Good to have another pin with longer ball times!

True! My ST works very well with IM.

#20 9 years ago

How could IM get "boring" for people to play with the excitement of the play and such short play times?

Were they like "yeah I raised then beat the IMonger, hit the bogey shots and stacked them with War Machine firing the balls back at 60 miles an hour, collected a couple of more marks and started Jericho and then.............."

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Exactly right...do all the above while keeping an eye on what I need for D O D also..

I love and hate that, especially when I hit the start button 6 times in a row and the games seem to gel together. "What do I need for the last Mark!".

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

IM pisses me off.... I bought mine figuring I would play it a while, then trade it off. Stupid game is still in the collection. When prices went crazy, I still didn't want to sell it.

It is a weird relationship IM and I have. A few weeks ago, I put up 5 games in a row with scores between 3-7 million. I was not getting anything done, but I hit start one last time and put up a score of 100+ million. That is why I don't walk away when it is killing me. Just one more game.........

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Nope, never played or even saw in person. Love a fast, difficult game, but it just looked like there wasn't much to do.

MET and IM would be a good combo. For myself, not you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#70 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just hope you guys realize that the only reason IMVE even exists at all is because guys like me championed IM when people here were dogging it as "cheap", "plastic", "barren" and all other kinds of stupid nonsense. I.e., respect your elders.

I remember when I went over to my Grandpa's house for a Werther's and IM original pinball.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You said above that you don't want to mention any specifics, and I respect your decision. However, there's a part of me that just wants to put it out there. People always talk on here about the free market ruling. And yes, if you can get $5700 for your NIB IMVE, then yes, the free market certainly rules for you--haha.
For me, part of the "free market" is calling out those who we feel may be exploiting things a little bit. That way, people will be able to make a "free market" decision about whether or not they want to do business with those people.

How much "profit" do the distributors usually make though? $300-$400 a pin? That is awful. MSRP on IM was $5700. So they charged retail for a nonessential item like a pinball machine and someone who delayed their IM purchase til after Stern sold them all payed it. It is not like the distributor charged $10 a gallon for gas after a natural disaster or something. If that person feels cheated he or she will not buy from them next time, but probably will buy from them anyway if they come in with the lowest quote.

On the other side though - What if the distributor has some Transformers or Avengers LE's left in stock though? They should get spanked for a $1000+ loss on each one, but can't get retail from someone who is willing to pay it? Fair is fair.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Put me in the "I'm never selling" category.
It's a brutal, cruel, vicious game...but I never feel like it rips me off. When I lose a ball, it's either standard pinball or frankly my fault. It reminds me of another favorite game of mine, Whirlwind, in that respect. It pummels you and pummels you and pummels you.
But when you get a great game on it, ain't no better feeling in the world.
And no, I never get tired of posting this picture.
KB

How did you do that? That score. How?

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

in I always walk away full of adrenaline and hearing Steve in my head saying...KB

Another question, "how do you walk away?".

I love IM, but have only played BSD once. Yes, once. No one I know has the game. I have to put some time in on it. Thanks for the story.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Exactly. With it set to hard you can pretty much choose when you want to battle Monger. But on the normal settings, Monger can be raised by an errant flip. There's been numerous times where I've only needed one more thing for Do or Die but accidentally started Monger for a second time and then drained.

I....did....not .....know....this! The Monger has burned me so many times....the second time around. For a game with simple "boring" (LMFAO!) rules, I am still learning things today. Thanks!

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just hope you guys realize that the only reason IMVE even exists at all is because guys like me championed IM when people here were dogging it as "cheap", "plastic", "barren" and all other kinds of stupid nonsense. I.e., respect your elders.

Months ago, John let me come up and play his IM for a good 25+ games to see if I should buy a VE. I did (Duh!, no brainer) and he also helped me unload and set up my new IMVE. For all of this and 600 plays later and counting I am thankful.

I also remember the "transition" I had in having IM in my house. I would be in my home relaxing with my family and then remember that IM is in the basement, like a nemesis waiting to challenge me to a one on one dogfight! The first month or so I felt uneasy even having it in my game room. If you were Luke would you invite Darth to come live with you? Even if you loved him, but hated him? That was me. Thank goodness my insurance covered Pintherapy.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have also been in this situation with IM

I thought I was the only one. Weird feeling, huh?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-why-did-you-sale?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.