(Topic ID: 58846)

Iron Man vs X-Men Pro - Picked Iron Man!!!

By sawyerfamilyaz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Iron Man vs X-Men, factoring cost and availability?”

• X-Men Pro 47 votes
    41%
  • Iron Man 67 votes
    59%

(114 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

OK, I have sold both my pinball machines and have funds to purchase again. I was all set to buy an X-Men Pro but an opportunity for an Iron Man has emerged. Both are priced VERY reasonably. My first instinct is to jump on the Iron Man and not look back BUT it will eat up a good deal of my budget and leave me looking for a $1500 - $2000 second pin which is slim pickings. If that leaves Iron Man as my only pin I am concerned it may not be deep enough to last months until I have more funds. X-Men I enjoy a lot and it is deep as can be, plus it leaves enough money for a decent second pin like No Good Gofers or something else.

So, after this long ramble, what is everyone's opinion between the two, both straight up and considering cost, depth of rules in a small collection, etc? I am really really torn because Iron Man is a rare pinball to find for sale and I really enjoy it but I am concerned it may not hold me over as an only pin for months.

Thank you all for your advice.

#2 10 years ago

I would go Ironman, just for the rarity. You always see xmen floating around and Ironman has good game play.

#3 10 years ago

Xmen is my choice. I don't care for the rules on Ironman.

#4 10 years ago

I agree with Mato,IM is more difficult to locate.If you get it then you might think about a subwoofer and a shaker.They really enhance the gameplay experience.

#5 10 years ago

I'm biased because I have an XM, but I put some time on an IM and I wasn't all that impressed. The thing was a drain monster, and I didn't like playfield layout all that much. Additionally, I'm thinking two pins are better than one! Good luck!

#6 10 years ago

Avengers LE. I just bought an iron man, and I love it, but for gameplay and depth, AVLE all day. Iron man will probably hold value better....but I don't see you selling Avengers any time soon.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I agree with Mato,IM is more difficult to locate.If you get it then you might think about a subwoofer and a shaker.They really enhance the gameplay experience.

Stretch if you agree then give me the thumbs up......haha

#8 10 years ago

IM very easily for gameplay as its one of the biggest "just one more game" pins in existence, and gets the adrenaline flowing with the very best of them.

Very different pins. XM has many more modes. The simplicity of the rules in IM combined with the short ball times is what make it so compelling. Not to mention one of the best sound packages ever. Upgraded speaker package is an absolute "must" with IM.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Avengers LE. I just bought an Iron Man, and I love it, but for gameplay and depth, AVLE all day. Iron Man will probably hold value better....but I don't see you selling Avengers any time soon.

Avengers? He's talking about X-Men.

#10 10 years ago

Not to skew the results but...Iron Man already has upgraded sound system.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Avengers? He's talking about X-Men.

Yeah I know...but he could get an AVLE for less than IM...and I think its more game for less money. Hell, he could get an XMEN LE too for less money than IM goes for these days. I think AB is better than both. especially for the money. I just loves me some Avengers.

#12 10 years ago

X-Men without question. I don't dislike IM but don't have near as much fun playing it as I do XM. X-Men would definitely be the way I would go especially if it allows you to add another pin on top of that. XM is a great pin, all that have played it at my place seem to really enjoy it.

#13 10 years ago

I have both, all three if you count avengers le. Iron Man is by far the greatest to me. I have had my Iron Man for over a year. I would buy the Iron Man and after a couple months if you decided to sell it should be an easy pin to sell.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah I know...but he could get an AVLE for less than IM...and I think its more game for less money. Hell, he could get an XMEN LE too for less money than IM goes for these days. I think AB is better than both. especially for the money. I just loves me some Avengers.

Ah, got ya. You are just going off topic then.

Is my old IM kicking your butt?!

#15 10 years ago

Iron Man for value, Xmen for sustained Game play.

You can always get the Iron Man, and play it for quite a while without likely taking a loss.
Plenty of Xmen.

#16 10 years ago

Man I wish I can find a place here in the phoenix are that has an X-men to play. It looks like a really interesting table and one I think would hold my interest. I wish I had the funds to have one of my own. That said I've only played Iron Man. Like the table mostly for how easy it is to get multiball rolling. But If I had a choice I would like a table with a deeper rule set than what Iron man has.

#17 10 years ago

I've never played IM but it looks awesome, I really want to own one some day. Very hard to find though and XMEN is very easy to find. For that reason alone I would go IM. Don't get me wrong I freakin LOVE XMEN, one of my favourite games but I don't have to many games so that is not saying much. You can't go wrong with either but IM is way harder to find.

#18 10 years ago

Pinballfan69 you can come play my X-Men when I get it, however that won't be until October because I am going to go with Iron Man this time.

It comes down to which one am I going to regret the most if I pass it up? That is definitely Iron Man in my mind.

October should bring more pinball cash and I can hopefully pick up an X-Men then. I will just have to hunt for a decent $1,500 - $2,000 pin in the meantime. Thank you everyone for your input and keep discussing if you'd like. It's great to have a bunch of people to talk to about pinball.

#19 10 years ago

X-Men has satisfying shots, but every thing else sucks..
at least for me, and most of my pin buds..

IM has it all, and unless your Bowen kerins, you will never get to Do or Die Mutliball...

It has the one more game factor all the way !

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

IM has it all, and unless your Bowen kerins, you will never get to Do or Die Mutliball...

Truer words have never been spoken .....

#21 10 years ago

I love x-men
lots of shots and very good rule sheet !!!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

Pinballfan69 you can come play my X-Men when I get it, however that won't be until October because I am going to go with Iron Man this time.
It comes down to which one am I going to regret the most if I pass it up? That is definitely Iron Man in my mind.
October should bring more pinball cash and I can hopefully pick up an X-Men then. I will just have to hunt for a decent $1,500 - $2,000 pin in the meantime. Thank you everyone for your input and keep discussing if you'd like. It's great to have a bunch of people to talk to about pinball.

That's very generous of you thanks. I keep reading about the AZ meetups but either I was away or too late to notice. I'm still inquiring where there are monthly tourneys etc in AZ but there's not much out there.

#23 10 years ago

IM for sure,
X-Men maybe a bit deeper and maybe slightly better art but
IM for rarity as you can always sell it later for a X-men and IM is a great fun but challenging game to achieve the wizard modes plus everyone just loves it when they see it, shaker works in well with this game as well.

#24 10 years ago

Looks like I new a new buyer for my Xmen. LOL. It's a beaut, and listed FS in the Marketplace.

#25 10 years ago

Owned both and had them side by side for quite a while and while IM is a fast,fun game it is not in the same league as X-men not even in the same postcode. X-men always got more play from me, my family and my friends than IM.
IM has been sold and gone for awhile now and I don't miss it at all. X-men is still here.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

X-Men has satisfying shots, but every thing else sucks..at least for me, and most of my pin buds..

Go IM.....and I could always buy it from you in 6 months

You won't have any trouble selling it down the road if you do decide to sell....great game, would love to own one someday.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ah, got ya. You are just going off topic then.
Is my old IM kicking your butt?!

Kinda. Just trying to help a brother out. I can't wait to get some serious time in on XMEN, but I can't weigh in. IM s indeed a great player. That it comes down to a one ball game keeps ya coming back for more...and there do seem to be some strategies with always having war machine ready on your last ball, with plenty of Drones left still to hit. I'm still just learning all the rules and possibilities. The flippers are sticking a little and need to be rebuilt , and I may want to revisit the lighting, but otherwise its a beautiful example. I paid up for it (jokes on me, I know) and I don't regret it one bit. It's a great contrast to my other games, most of which are much deeper.

#28 10 years ago

I owed an IM for about a year,
It's a fast and furious game with great audio, a shaker is a must!
Good games are very satisfying because they are few and far between.
I enjoyed it when I had it however, I grew tired of it, because it was so shallow and sparse, its not a ball control kind of game, which I prefer. Even my kids stopped playing it because of the short ball times and frustration factor.

Low production numbers will keep it high on the want list for collectors, but it was a flop on location.
Different strokes for different folks.

#29 10 years ago

IM will keep you busy for a while. I bought mine with the intent to trade it off after the summer....that was winter 2012 when it arrived. I can't get rid of it...like it way too much.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Owned both and had them side by side for quite a while and while IM is a fast,fun game it is not in the same league as X-men not even in the same postcode. X-men always got more play from me, my family and my friends than IM.
IM has been sold and gone for awhile now and I don't miss it at all. X-men is still here.

Couldn't agree with this more. XM has 10x the amount of stuff that IM does. XM had a rocky start with the code, but it is shaping up nicely now. For a home environment, XM would keep me busy for sometime, IM would bore me after a weekend...probably even sooner.

#31 10 years ago

XM is a gorgeous pin...tight shots, great potential. All I need now is to find one on location with updated code.

#32 10 years ago

Doh! By the time I told my back-up buyer the good news (that buyer #1 had backed out), he had already bought a Tron.

Xmen Pro version. Like-new condition. Cointaker LED kit. Playfield slide rails. Side rails w/button guards. Full Cliffy protection. Latest code.

$3900 firm

#33 10 years ago

So sorry about that NorCal. I only wish I had a couple grand extra to buy both.

#34 10 years ago

No worries! I'm confident it will sell, and I hope the IM brings you lots of merriment! How could it not?

#35 10 years ago

I'm loving xmen! The storm ramp is so addicting. Especially a beast - storm combo. Or an iceman - Xavier - cyclops - storm combo. Combos galore!!! Hahahaha but I think the OP chose wisely in getting IM first. Then save for an xmen pro. Especially if the rumor is true that another xmen pro run is in the future.

And for what it's worth; Having owned xmen pro and LE; I can say from personal experience, the pro plays and feels better.

#36 10 years ago

So what's the verdict, what did you buy?

#37 10 years ago

Verbal agreement for Iron Man, can't get there to pick it up until Saturday, hopefully nothing goes wrong!

#38 10 years ago

Verbal agreement for Iron Man, can't get there to pick it up until Saturday, hopefully nothing goes wrong!

Congrats my brother from a different mother....

Enjoy the first ball of game one. All 2.5 seconds of it

#39 10 years ago

The most likely thing to go wrong would be that someone else snakes it out from under you before Saturday!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The most likely thing to go wrong would be that someone else snakes it out from under you before Saturday!

That is what I am worried about!

#41 10 years ago

That is what I am worried about!

Would you still have the XMen as a backup plan?

#42 10 years ago

Hard to say, if it is still available of course. But everything will work out well!

#43 10 years ago

enjoy the war machine kickback the first time as well

#44 10 years ago

I've played both, own neither... but if I ran across both at a good price I would probably have to pick xmen personally

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Congrats my brother from a different mother....

Flows better if you say brother from another mother.

Quoted from swinks:

enjoy the war machine kickback the first time as well

THIS! Had never played before and that thing kept freaking me out.

Quoted from flecom:

I've played both, own neither... but if I ran across both at a good price I would probably have to pick xmen personally

Same except I like IM better. Congrats on the tentative sale OP.

#47 10 years ago

So I had all day driving to Las Vegas and back and came home with a cherry Iron Man. Original owner, never moved, perfect shape. Not one scratch on it. It has Cointaker LED throughout and the LED Backbox Mod, as well a Pinball Pro Sub and Speakers. This thing is beautiful and was a great deal on top of it.

Played about 10 times and got Jericho but flamed out in the middle of it. No regrets here!!!

#48 10 years ago

Played about 10 times and got Jericho but flamed out in the middle of it.

Awesome way to start off the IM ownership!!!!

#49 10 years ago

Sounds Awesome! IM is a great table. Fast and very tricky with the magnet randomness. Jealous you can afford a pin like that. Then I recall you're looking to get and X-men in the Future. Sigh..... one day I'll get a pin of my own. In the meantime I guess I'll stick with playing tables that aren't that well maintained at Castles and Coasters.

#50 10 years ago

For me it is XM all day. I like IM also.
Mato makes a great point though IM is much harder to find at this time.

Cannot imagine you would be upset owning either of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vs-x-men-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.