• Spiderman 27 votes
    61%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Hello

I have one place for a pinball super heros.

those who know well these 2 pinballs
What to choose?

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Both GREAT! I am about to take delivery of my second SM. IM is long gone. While IM does what it sets out to do FANTASTICALLY, it really is the same game every time. SM you can mix up.

#3 8 years ago

I own Iron Man VE and Spider-Man VE.

Spider-Man VE is the better game. IMO, it isn't even a competition between the 2.

#4 8 years ago

Putting up a 100+ million point game on SM is no where near as exciting for me as a game where I was fighting and working my way through Jericho on IM. If you want a rush and excitement that few games deliver in pinball get IM. If you want to be a better player get IM. No competition between the two on those topics mentioned above.

Edit- if you own SM and ST move one of them out of your collection for another pin. Shots are to similar. I was thinking of trading my ST for a SM last week, but changed my mind because the shots were so similar to me. I would move SM first over ST. I own ACDC also and IM, ACDC and ST work perfectly for me for Stern titles, but you own MET also, so that brings another dimension. If you like ACDC and MET then get IM. If you like TSPP, LOTR and POTC get SM. Good luck!

#5 8 years ago

I own spider man but I think iron man is a better game and more exciting

#6 8 years ago

Spiderman keeps you Comming back.
Add a poll.

#7 8 years ago

Both are great games, but they're on the opposite ends of the pinball spectrum as far as ball times go.

I prefer IM by a slight margin, but would love to own either.

#8 8 years ago

Wow...tough one...I have IMVE and SM side by side and would have to give a slight nod to SM...But you cant go wrong with either...SM games can be long and IM games are very short (VERY short)...

#9 8 years ago

I had SM and IM sitting next to each other and sold them both. I've since bought back my SM.

#10 8 years ago

IMVE for me

#11 8 years ago

IM can be unforgiving and brutal, especially for people who don't play pinball. SM will provide more entertainment for non-pinheads

#12 8 years ago

IM because it are shorter games.

#13 8 years ago

I was faced with the same choice when I bought my SM. At the time, IM and SM were both available. BDK as well.

I went with SM. My first and only NIB purchase. Haven't regretted that decision. SM has good depth with different opportunities/strategies to max points. It's fully featured and build quality is solid.

IM is a rush and you really cann't go wrong with either. I went with SM and still happy with that many years later.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 8 years ago

Even if you don't like one of them, you have to respect both of them. They are both great games. And as others are saying, they are both VERY different games. IM is a nasty ride, and SM is more of a long quest. So it is hard to compare them.

Personally, I like IM better (and own it because of that). But I always enjoy playing Spiderman when I do. However I have other longer games that scratch that need.

No matter which you choose, you will be right.

#15 8 years ago

SM is a great game but just way too easy;
Iron Man is a top 5 of all time and is just an in your face adrenaline rush; iron man all the way

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I own Iron Man VE and Spider-Man VE.
Spider-Man VE is the better game. IMO, it isn't even a competition between the 2.

But is SMve worth $2,000 more? I was very interested in buying one, until I seen the price! Yikes!

#17 8 years ago

Spiderman LE > Spiderman VE > Ironman VE > Spiderman > Ironman

#18 8 years ago

I owned SM for a couple of years and picked up an IM about 2 months ago. Both are great games, but I prefer IM due to shorter ball times. I like the way IM battles you with the Monger, War Machine, and Whiplash.

SM is a lot of fun, has more depth in code, and more of a journey.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

But is SMve worth $2,000 more? I was very interested in buying one, until I seen the price! Yikes!

No one pays retail.

#20 8 years ago

I have both games and they're both keepers. You really can't go wrong with either. Spider-Man is more of a flowing and safe shot type of game where you'll have longer ball times and plow through multiple modes and multiballs each time you play while Iron Man fights back hard against you and you'll have lots of shorter games that feel like a real rush. If you get frustrated easily by shorter ball times, Iron Man might be the wrong way to go if you only can get one, however.

Also, go original on the Spider-Man. While the art isn't as good as the VE, the voice acting is WAY better and it's so much better of a value.

#21 7 years ago

Thank you for all your answers

I add a vote

Carry on

#22 7 years ago

very different games

but I enjoy SM a little more for most reasons already posted

#23 7 years ago

I was looking for a SM when I found my IM four years ago. They're very complementary games, and it makes a lot of sense to own both.

#24 7 years ago

we all know that it is a very good game
the codes are over and the honeymoon is past
no need to denigrate of course

#25 7 years ago

Bump

I add a vote
Thanks

#26 7 years ago

Sm is the comlete package

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#27 7 years ago

Iron Man plays kind of like an EM, but costs about five or six times as much. So get Spider Man and put an EM next to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vs-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.