(Topic ID: 99750)

Iron Man VE: An attempt to show the metallic effect of the cab decals (Video)

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wdpvideo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So far, I haven't seen a picture that accurately showed the shiny metallic effect of Iron Man VE's decals (and Mustang LE's decals, for that matter). So, I just shot a quick video with my ceiling lights & phone light on...I think this gives a better taste of it than still pics. Hopefully this is helpful for those who haven't seen it in person yet.

#2 9 years ago

It's funny I saw so many pictures on posts before I got mine talking about the metallic shine and just didn't see it until I got mine in person and had that "oh I see now" moment. That video helps but in person it just is a different level still, it looks amazing. I almost don't want to sandwich mine between 2 other games cause it looks so good but I also don't want it to be the exposed game in my row cause I'm afraid it will get knicked

#3 9 years ago

Where did you get the armor for it?

#4 9 years ago

Good job. That's way better than any still photo I've seen of the decals.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

Looks like a Pinball Refinery edition to me.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Looks like a Pinball Refinery edition to me.

Ya maybe, but Greg typically likes to mod his own games

#7 9 years ago

You can buy the armor alone from refinery. They have sets available for sale.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

You can buy the armor alone from refinery. They have sets available for sale.

Yup, that's what he did.

Video is nice, but I'm still gonna come over to check it out in person soon!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yup, that's what he did.
    Video is nice, but I'm still gonna come over to check it out in person soon!

Yes I think I should also come over and check it out

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

Ya maybe, but Greg typically likes to mod his own games

Yeah, I bought it from Refinery. I love what they do with their games - but some of it is more than I really want/need. I modded War Machine & Whiplash myself, put on their armor myself, got some light up flipper buttons, installed the shaker, switched out the black rubber for transparent, installed Superbands post sleeves & some red ring posts, Pinbits plastic protectors, swapped out a few LEDs here and there, swapped out the black apron for a transparent red one. I'm very happy with it! I might go with a Color DMD as I think the Sigma mode will look really rad.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from bellbrand:

You can get it at http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747
    Then just powder coated it. http://www.prismaticpowders.com/powder-coating-colors/
    pick the color you want and your good to go.
    If you want to do the coin door strip it down, Simple! To do then spay paint the plastic coin return and other
    with metallic gold paint as it's plastic and you can't powder plastic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ve-an-attempt-to-show-the-metallic-effect-of-the-cab-decals-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.