(Topic ID: 136541)

Iron Man VE again, should code be revisited?

By Butch2099

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Iron Man code”

• Leave it alone, it's perfect 42 votes
    25%
  • Some tweaking is desired, make the 3rd time the charm! 129 votes
    75%

(171 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dscn1 (resized).jpg
IMJERICHO.gif
Custom_Image2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it seems like the general consensus is:
We only need two things (1) an easier path to DoD MB, and (2) a real skill shot.
These requests are not many. How can we let Stern know we want these? Would Stern care?

How about an earn-able extra ball that isn't random?

Rob

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

How many other games created in the last 5 years are more relevant than IM and have incomplete code? (Ignore those released in the past year... Stern always takes 1.5 years after release to complete code)

Is this a trick question? It's probably all of them except for MET which is the rare exception to the rule.

Rob

1 month later
#145 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup needs a better skill shot, a super skill really hold a flipper button and it drops the top post and you have to make the right loop or ramp. Would be awsome.

I like how the super skill shot is in MET. You can plunge it all the way around for an playfield shot, or soft plunge to hit the top rollovers with a multiplied score.

Rob

2 years later
#344 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Might as well revive this thread perhaps Stern will finally take notice
I agree the code is great but could just use a few tweaks to make IM an all-time classic...
SUPER SKILL SHOT: Hold left flipper, disable orbit post, hit lit arrow for Super Skill point bonus. I've become so used to holding down the LT flipper when plunging, that I still find myself doing it on IM. This is a no brainer.
EARNABLE EXTRA BALL: With how hard IM is, it's crazy that you're not able to earn an extra ball via gameplay. Random EB rewards are just pure luck. There should be a way to earn one.
LEADERBOARD SCREENS: It would be nice if there were leaderboard screens for say Fast Scoring, Bogey, WM/Monger/Whiplash Multiball champions, etc. The more leaderboards the better.
If they made DODMB slightly more achievable that would be nice, but I also like the thought of "white whale"modes like LOTR Valinor. You may never achieve it, but it's something to keep striving for.

Iron Man scoring could be tweaked? Isn't it about the least lucrative of the 3 target modes?

DODMB difficulty settings would be nice. I never even bother thinking about going for this mode. But, it seems to have no dots?

Rob

1 week later
#372 6 years ago

Maybe more could be done with skill shot on this game. One of my favorite skill shot implementations is Metallica.

Rob Ganshorn

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t have a lot of time on MET, could you give some details? Thanks

Metallica:

You can do a regular, simple skill shot like IM where the ball stays in the top lanes
You can do a super skill shot by holding the left flipper, the ball goes around the left orbit and you make a shot on the lower playfield
On super skill shot, you can also soft plunge the top lanes and get a multiplied score value. Left lane is 2x and right is 3x (I think).

I usually try the soft plunge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ve-again-should-code-be-revisited?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.