(Topic ID: 136541)

Iron Man VE again, should code be revisited?

By Butch2099

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Iron Man code”

• Leave it alone, it's perfect 42 votes
    25%
  • Some tweaking is desired, make the 3rd time the charm! 129 votes
    75%

(171 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dscn1 (resized).jpg
IMJERICHO.gif
Custom_Image2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 6 years ago

Might as well revive this thread perhaps Stern will finally take notice

I agree the code is great but could just use a few tweaks to make IM an all-time classic...

SUPER SKILL SHOT: Hold left flipper, disable orbit post, hit lit arrow for Super Skill point bonus. I've become so used to holding down the LT flipper when plunging, that I still find myself doing it on IM. This is a no brainer.

EARNABLE EXTRA BALL: With how hard IM is, it's crazy that you're not able to earn an extra ball via gameplay. Random EB rewards are just pure luck. There should be a way to earn one.

LEADERBOARD SCREENS: It would be nice if there were leaderboard screens for say Fast Scoring, Bogey, WM/Monger/Whiplash Multiball champions, etc. The more leaderboards the better.

If they made DODMB slightly more achievable that would be nice, but I also like the thought of "white whale"modes like LOTR Valinor. You may never achieve it, but it's something to keep striving for.

6 months later
#342 6 years ago

6 months is too long......Can I get a BUMP for an Iron Man code update?

#351 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I remember playing this game on location repeatedly trying to get to "do or die". I played a couple weeks here and there and I finally achieved it. I looked up at the DMD and it just awarded me 100m or something like that. I was literally pissed off.

If I achieved a 100M DOD award (that's hitting the 50M award right when the timer starts with double scoring running), I'd be fist pumping my ass off! I don't think you realized what you achieved, if that actually happened.

I've had game almost a year & my high score is still only 113M. Only cracked the leaderboard twice. Scoring is hard as hell on IM & I love it that way. Teaches me humility & keeps me playing.

Code just needs more polish, as stated before. Super skill shots, instant info, mode leaderboards, wizard mode dots, non-random EB award, etc. The basic stuff that most other games have.

#354 6 years ago

Chopping wood is the last thing I would call IM's gameplay

1 week later
#377 6 years ago

Did anyone ask Lyman at TPF about a possible future IM code update?

1 month later
#379 5 years ago

Hey it's almost my birthday! When I blow out the candles this weekend, I'll be wishing for a little Lyman update to polish that IM code

Super skill shots, leaderboards, wizard mode dots, non-random extra ball award, etc. The perfect gift for any Iron Man pinhead!

dscn1 (resized).jpgdscn1 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Take heart IM fans. Check out the latest Slam Tilt podcast episode's interview with Lyman Sheats at 1:15:15.
http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/07/18/episode-100-lyman-laments/

Oh man thanks for posting that. He still loves the Ironman & not ruling out an update someday Fingers are still crossed Lyman!

1 month later
#387 5 years ago

Just another friendly bump for Lyman Our fingers are still crossed for an IM update someday!

2 months later
#399 5 years ago

There's been rumors of an IM code update for months, thanks to that podcast. The unexpected MET 1.80 release only gives the rumors more credit. IM deserves it for sure. Fingers still crossed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ve-again-should-code-be-revisited?tu=HoakyPoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.