(Topic ID: 115361)

Iron Man VE

By matt_assassin

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi, I have an issue with my IM VE original speakers. The sound is very low. I almost cannot hear it. I was wondering if I can remove the capacitor on the right speaker ?

Will it damage my machine and/or speakers ?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

This is going to sound stupid, but have you done the simple stuff like adjusting volume at the coin door switch, and there might be internal software settings that need to be tweaked?

I would then look for something mechanical being wrong (loose speaker wire at coin door, near boards, or at speakers?

I would not start messing with the game, as I doubt every IM VE has low volume issues; it seems like something needs to be fixed with yours.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3 9 years ago

I tried tweaking at volumes in the menu and I don't see any Improvement. The thing is I'm waiting for adaptor from FF to install his speakers.

But right now I'm just trying to resolve this issue. The speaker in the bottom cabinet works fine. He his pretty louder that the backbox speakers. Almost like I don't hear them.

And no answer is stupid Gambit, thanks for the tips..

#4 9 years ago

Do you have the wheel like dial installed in the backbox if you have a ff woofer? This dial controls the upper speaker volume.

#5 9 years ago

No. I have original speakers. I spoke to Michael from FF and he said that the VC is no longer needed.
I removed the capacitor and rewired. The sound is now louder and better. Seems like stern now double wire and cap all there speakers. That method decrease the output.

My problem is solved. Thanks Gambit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-ve-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.