• Latest reply 9 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

keep calm.png
#1 9 years ago

I'm about to buy a new pinball and I would like your opinion.
I currently have a Tron and I'd rather have a machine in the style of Tron.
I like Iron man, because I find that there is a similarity between the two.
do you think it would be a good idea to buy Iron man vault or should I consider other pinball?

#2 9 years ago

Yep, it is never not good to own an IM. Get one!

#3 9 years ago

I'd definitely buy an ironman. Tron VE is going to come out soon so you'll be able to swap then vs over paying at the current market prices.

#4 9 years ago

I've had both in my lineup at the same time. Go for it!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'd definitely buy an ironman. Tron VE is going to come out soon so you'll be able to swap then vs over paying at the current market prices.

Tron's already dropped in anticipation of Tron VE.

I personally think, Stern will make a "premium" Tron VE. Stern sees what the LE's are going for, they'd be stupid to not do something.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I personally think, Stern will make a "premium" Tron VE. Stern sees what the LE's are going for, they'd be stupid to not do something.

I hope they do. I'm definitely a buyer when it comes. It'll be my first NIB pin. Tron is one of my all time favorites.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Translation: Trekkie (the Nostradamus of our time when it comes to pin prices) wants a Tron LE but doesn't want to pay current market value, also he has less than no clue when or if a new Tron will be produced.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Translation: Trekkie (the Nostradamus of our time when it comes to pin prices) wants a TRON LE but doesn't want to pay current market value, also he has less than no clue when or if a new Tron will be produced.

Notice how I use the term: "I think.."??

Websters describes "think" as to have an opinion about something.

Secondly, what is the playability difference between Star Trek LE & Star Trek Premium, Avengers LE & Avengers Premium, AC/DC LE & AC/DC Premium, Metallica LE & Metallica Premium, Mustang LE & Mustang Premium?

Which version of Iron Man is better, original or VE?

Secondly, prices are trending down. Call me names all you want. It's obvious there's a market imbalance.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Notice how I use the term: "I think.."??
Websters describes "think" as to have an opinion about something.
Secondly, what is the playability difference between Star Trek LE & Star Trek Premium, Avengers LE & Avengers Premium, AC/DC LE & AC/DC Premium, Metallica LE & Metallica Premium, Mustang LE & Mustang Premium?
Which version of Iron Man is better, original or VE?
Secondly, prices are trending down. Call me names all you want. It's obvious there's a market imbalance.

Relax Trekkie no one is calling you names.
keep calm.pngkeep calm.png

#10 9 years ago

Relax Trekkie no one is calling you names.

keep calm.png 5 KB

I wasn't mad at your response. Sorry if my reply came across that way.

I'm mad at the germs that have ruined my day.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wasn't mad at your response. Sorry if my reply came across that way.
I'm mad at the germs that have ruined my day.

Trekkie if you ever make it to the Tacoma show im gunna buy you a beer

#12 9 years ago

I have an IMVE for sale. Though I'm guessing your to far away. Tron and IM are two of the best and they'd certainly go well together in a collection.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are the "thumb downers" in disagreement with what you say or upset about the prospects due to their own ownership of the game? What you say sounds logical to me.

#14 9 years ago

Do you think the gameplay of IM vault is similar to Tron ?
And what are you thinking about the speed of the game? Is it similar to Tron too?

I'll try IM Vault this weekend, so i'll have better idea after trying the game.

#15 9 years ago

I think both pins are equally great.

#16 9 years ago

Trekkie if you ever make it to the Tacoma show im gunna buy you a beer

Only if you hold a Galazkiewicz sign.

#17 9 years ago

I have a Tron coming tomorrow

I don't think Tron ve will ever happen
They made IM ve cause there was no
iM LE and would not effect in that way

And even if they do other Ve it will be lotr
And SM

#18 9 years ago

IM VE & Tron are the two of the 10 best pins of all time (IMO).

This is just my humble opinion and if I was starting a collection these would be on top of my list (as well as AcDc premium).

I play IM more often than any of my other pins, yes it's the newest but even factoring in when those pins were new IM hands down gets more plays.

Plus if you are looking for a theme both are great with sound and callouts (Jeff Bridges is the man).

Tron is also in the style of IM in that the rules are rather basic and easy to accomplish, probably Tron is a bit tougher to complete some of the modes but on the whole they play similar (quick) with the edge in code overall to Tron but the layout (IMO edge goes to IM since Tron basically has a lot more on the left side of the PF while IM is more symmetrical).

Tron has the edge in music and tone.
Callouts are about the same.

Gameplay, IM is more frenetic, Tron is more Zen.
Art/looks Tron has the slight edge.
Unique shots both are nice, with center shot on IM especially, and Tron has nice inner loops (like Quarra which I really like also Tron probably has more shots with 3 flippers.

Tron also has a real skill shot (much more than IM).

Seems like the modes in Tron are more interesting.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from kazak_35:

I'm about to buy a new pinball and I would like your opinion.
I currently have a Tron and I'd rather have a machine in the style of Tron.
I like Iron Man, because I find that there is a similarity between the two.
do you think it would be a good idea to buy Iron Man vault or should I consider other pinball?

matrix

#20 9 years ago

IM goes good with Tron.

#21 9 years ago

I have both and love them both. Keep in mind that they are very different games, and the only thing in common that I can find in terms of game play is the left ramp. Otherwise, vastly different rules, strategy, and scoring. While they complement one another very well, I find a long, deep game to be an ultimate way to really have the variety of gameplay needed. Basically a short punishing game (IM), a medium fun game (Tron), and the marathon game (LOTR).

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are the "thumb downers" in disagreement with what you say or upset about the prospects due to their own ownership of the game? What you say sounds logical to me.

Its very logical but too also think Stern wont put at least a premium price on it would be a mistake. I personally wouldn't be buying a premium from Stern at a premium NIB price when I can get a pro for substantially less and put the eli kit on it and happy days with much more money in my pocket than Sterns.

In answer to the thread I have both and both kick butt next to each other.

#23 9 years ago

To call a game a Vault edition when the last run (4th run) was in 2012 and still getting nib's in 2013 is quite misleading. How old should a game be to qualify as a vault edition? IM was pushing it as a 2010 release. Most Trons getting around are in near new or NIB condition. I would rather Stern bring out a game like sm or lotr which are harder title to purchase in great cond. Really if they bring out another Tron it should just be Tron 5th ed.

Not really understanding the logic there or why some people are holding off for it. There are plenty out there now at great prices. Better than what you will pay NIB from Stern

1 week later
#24 9 years ago

I agree that Stern needs to make a LOTR VE. It makes sense as it is over 10 years old, everyone mostly agrees it is a game that nothing compares to, and with the competition of Hobbit, it would be a smart move on their part. I k own I would be in for a LOTR before a Tron just because I know I can still find minty Trons for sale.

#25 9 years ago

If your Tron is set up brutally hard and you love it, you'll love Iron Man. If you set up your Tron easier to have longer ball times, Iron Man is probably going to be a little tougher than you'd like.

IM is a specific taste. The VE has cratered prices for the game (both used VE and original) because a lot of people don't like the game being so nasty. Some of us LOVE it though. I'd suggest first looking for a used one, or an original modded one.

I think that IM is the best game ever made. Tron is top 10 for me. I own both, although Tron is awaiting the new house to be set up again...

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I agree that Stern needs to make a LOTR VE. It makes sense as it is over 10 years old, everyone mostly agrees it is a game that nothing compares to, and with the competition of Hobbit, it would be a smart move on their part. I k own I would be in for a LOTR before a Tron just because I know I can still find minty Trons for sale.

I agree, I don't even like LOTR (as the times I played I was more or less batting the ball around, not really looking at the rules). But I would buy a LOTR VE (hopefully on the SAM system) and under $5K.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-vault-vs-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.